PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Alaska

Melodyroseak
07-27-2011, 04:17 PM
I was diagnosed with SLE about 15 years ago. My grandmother died to Lupus complications the year I was diagnosed with it. I live in Tok, Alaska, which is one of the coldest places, I have seen as cold as -86 and as hot as 113. With lupus, the cold does not help at all. And summer can not enjoy that much since I can not be in t he sun. I have really good days and really, really bad days. D

Decided to go somewhere, where is other people like me. That can relate and hopefully pick me up when times are not good. Looking forward to meeting new people here.

tgal
07-27-2011, 04:22 PM
Hi there! I am so glad that you found us! As you know most people don't understand what we go through so it is really nice to be around people that do. There are wonderful people here and they will be there for you when you need help, laughter or just someone to listen. It is also nice to have people around who have had this disease for quite a while to help those that are new.

Once again, welcome to our WHL family! I look forward to getting to know you

mdawncooper
07-27-2011, 04:33 PM
Welcome to the forum. I have only been on a short time and get such great support and help here. I have relatives who iive in Alaska and love it but I can only imagine how it hurts you. I look forward to talking with you more.

Melanie

Melodyroseak
07-27-2011, 05:51 PM
I was born and raised in Alaska. But with Lupus not a conducive place to live. But, so beautiful in the summer. Ready to leave for the cold months and come home for the warmer months.

Elo
07-27-2011, 06:43 PM
Welcome to the forums!
Seeing such complications with Lupus as you were diagnosed much have made it a much scarier diagnosis than it normally is - wow!
Good to know that you're coping and have decided to find alike peoples (: It really does help and give comfort, at least in my experience.
Hoping you become an active member and enjoy WHL as much as we all do !

steve.b
07-27-2011, 07:10 PM
hi,
and welcome from the other side of the world.
i am from australia, you will meet a few of us.

Melodyroseak
07-27-2011, 07:36 PM
Wow, you know I now lupus effects allot of us, for some reason I never thought of all over the world. Puts a whole new picture of the disease.

For the most part I do pretty good. It is really hard on my family. There are days that the depression seems to be worse. Other days normal. I try to help others, to keep me in check.

I think that I am really, really, really going to enjoy this forum and meeting so many new people.

lovedbyHim
07-28-2011, 03:50 PM
I was diagnosed with SLE about 15 years ago. My grandmother died to Lupus complications the year I was diagnosed with it. I live in Tok, Alaska, which is one of the coldest places, I have seen as cold as -86 and as hot as 113. With lupus, the cold does not help at all. And summer can not enjoy that much since I can not be in t he sun. I have really good days and really, really bad days. D

Decided to go somewhere, where is other people like me. That can relate and hopefully pick me up when times are not good. Looking forward to meeting new people here.

Hi Melody, I didn't get a chance to welcome you yet. I have a sick daughter as of late and I am a bit preoccupied. Welcome to a wonderful family who will indeed lift you up when you are having rough times, but also celebrate the good moments as well. Alaska is on my bucket list as a place I want to visit. I love nature intensely! I know you will be blessed by this group group of folks.

Melodyroseak
07-28-2011, 10:38 PM
If you get a chance to mark Alaska off your bucket list, please let me know. Will be happy to show you our beautiful state. I live in a very small community, about 1300 people year round.

I'll pray for a quick recovery.

lovedbyHim
07-29-2011, 12:55 AM
If you get a chance to mark Alaska off your bucket list, please let me know. Will be happy to show you our beautiful state. I live in a very small community, about 1300 people year round.

I'll pray for a quick recovery.

Thank you Melody! You bless me!