PDA

View Full Version : extremely concerned

kim,l
07-26-2011, 06:49 PM
saw my son for the first time in weeks he has own place now and is doing better but he was rushed to hospital last night they think he has whooping cough and i have been exposed to it as well as my husband and daughters and since both sarah and 1 have lupus and my husband immune is not good and mikaela just started getting over bronchitis my gp is concerned for my health we just have to wait for blood results and stay away from people i did not think adults got whooping cough amazing have not spoken to son in weeks and the one time i do we could be exposed to disease so i am a little worried right now.

magistramarla
07-26-2011, 08:55 PM
Kim,
This is the last thing that your family needs!
Whooping cough has been making a comeback recently. It worries me, too since my kids had a bad reaction to the vaccine and weren't able to take it as children.
You should ask your doc if it is safe for your family members to get the vaccine.
I hope that all of you are ok, including your son.
Hugs,
Marla

tgal
07-26-2011, 09:06 PM
Oh Kim I am so sorry that you have to have that on your mind. Of course check with your doctor but try to not to worry. Stress just weakens the body and none of you need that. I will keep my fingers crossed that none of you catch it!

steve.b
07-26-2011, 09:08 PM
i am glad he is back in your lives. hopefully on your terms.

Nonna
07-27-2011, 03:30 AM
Sorry for your stress, sending good thoughts and hugs you way

lovedbyHim
07-27-2011, 03:42 AM
Hi Kim, I wrote a lengthy reply in the night and it didn't get to you. I use a Droid phone and sometimes my signal is poor.

I'm so glad you were able to get together with your son. I'm so sorry he is very wick. That's hard to watch as we set them loose to mature.

I wanted to encourage you by this story. Several years ago I had lupus but wasn't diagnosed yet. I went on a medical mission to Honduras. We saw and held thousands of very sickly people and I never got sick. There were babies dieing in my arms and I never got a thing. For me lupus makes my immune system run in hyperdrive and maybe that;s why I rarely get sick anymore.

I hope and pray none of you pick it up. Please keep us aware of how you and those you love are doing. (((hugs)))