PDA

View Full Version : Blood Work?

mdawncooper
07-26-2011, 06:42 AM
I called my doctor yesterday and explained that my symptoms had worsened. She asked me to come have bloodwork today. Any ideas what she will look for?

I really like the fact that she will do bloodwork when I seem to be in the middle of a flare. The first time I gave 7 vials of blood so I really hope that doesn't happen today since my veins are horrible. Oh well!

Have a great day everyone.

Melanie

Manderson
07-26-2011, 03:28 PM
Drink lots of water to plump up those veins.

tgal
07-26-2011, 03:32 PM
I KNOW I posted on here but it isn't showing up! I am SURE it is the site and not my own fog (LOL). I will keep my fingers crossed that you finally start to get some answers. Please let us know!

steve.b
07-26-2011, 08:54 PM
hope they find something.

when my rhuemy did the full testing thing........
he took 15 vials of blood. that is a lot and most take less.

he was not only trying to find out what was wrong with me.....
he also wanted to definetely rule out some things, so he needed extra.

ruling out things can be as important as including things..
especially as we know auto immune diseases like to run in packs, (you can have multiple problems at once).

you are lucky that she is testing when you are flaring !!

magistramarla
07-26-2011, 08:58 PM
Steve is right - I once had 14 vials taken at once, and then had to drive for 4 hours by myself.
It's good that the doc is checking carefully, and also good that you have some forewarning.
Hugs,
Marla

mdawncooper
07-27-2011, 10:30 AM
I had been drinking lots of water but still ended up with a stick in the hand. Oh well!!!! :cute: She only took 3 vials this time and I am impatiently waiting on a phone call. I am just glad she gets results the next day. I'll keep you posted.

Melanie

tgal
07-27-2011, 12:36 PM
My fingers are crossed for you! I really hope they find an answer.