PDA

View Full Version : Hoping to hike again!

lovedbyHim
07-25-2011, 02:06 PM
I just saw my endocrinologist and she told me my vit. D level is low again and my thyroid numbers are too high. This is contributing to the muscle spasms and fatigue. She increased both and said with the progesterin I should feel a whole lot better! I'm so excited I could bust!

This means I will be back hiking in the mountains again. This means no sleeping at the wheel. This means I will be thin again! I will take pictures of the vistas and the falls and post them for you! I should be able to get there in 4 weeks if I work hard at it.

I love that I can share this hope with you as I have felt horribly sick for too long.

n.mac
07-25-2011, 02:12 PM
Thats great news-I'm so happy for you! Now all you have to worry about is poisin ivy and bears!

lovedbyHim
07-25-2011, 02:43 PM
Thats great news-I'm so happy for you! Now all you have to worry about is poisin ivy and bears!

In all the years I have hiked in the woods alone, it's not the bears I'm afraid of. It's the wolves (wink), if you know what I mean. I do carry mace, for the WOLVES!

Elo
07-25-2011, 03:30 PM
:D :D
That's wonderful!! And Amazing and awesome! I'm so excited - I really hope - no, I know you'll start feeling better soon - and you so, so deserve it.

So happy to hear good news.

Gizmo
07-25-2011, 03:49 PM
That's so wonderful! So is all the female stuff going to work itself out, too? I've been too busy to read posts recently, but have been wondering how all that turned out?

n.mac
07-25-2011, 04:18 PM
Boy..I mean girl you are quick!

gkf109
07-25-2011, 05:20 PM
Good for you!!

mdawncooper
07-25-2011, 05:34 PM
Hiking in the mountains sounds fabulous when I am dying of heat stroke here on the coast. I am so glad you got good news. :cute:

steve.b
07-25-2011, 07:10 PM
i am so happy with the thought of it.

please dont go toooooooo soon.
give yourself time to get better first.

get your balance right.
(medical balance)

lovedbyHim
07-25-2011, 07:49 PM
That's so wonderful! So is all the female stuff going to work itself out, too? I've been too busy to read posts recently, but have been wondering how all that turned out?

The doc said the increase will help the uterus but progesterin will help a lot. I pray this is all true.

lovedbyHim
07-26-2011, 02:40 AM
i am so happy with the thought of it.

please dont go toooooooo soon.
give yourself time to get better first.

get your balance right.
(medical balance)

Balance is a good word to use here. I have felt very off balance for months. Trying to explain how poorly I feel has been rough, but all of you understood. What a blessing to be validated when you can barely function. Thanks so much.

ritzbit
07-26-2011, 06:50 PM
If you go hiking you should take me! I miss it so much. However, I might slow you down, and I am the "young one" lol 18 going on 80! I hope you have a lot of fun! =)

steve.b
07-26-2011, 09:06 PM
If you go hiking you should take me!

just a little drive to get there.

or a long hike lol.

Nonna
07-27-2011, 04:02 AM
Meet you in the middle of the Applachian trail!

She's at the top and I'm at the bottom.

Tee Hee- haven't hiked in 30 years

lovedbyHim
07-27-2011, 07:28 AM
If you go hiking you should take me! I miss it so much. However, I might slow you down, and I am the "young one" lol 18 going on 80! I hope you have a lot of fun! =)

Oh I would love to take all of you! Just months ago I was hiking 7 miles a day. I was climbing over boulders and pulling myself up with trees, etc. All of the sudden, I got so sick I could barely walk 2 blocks. Since adding the increased thyroid hormone and extra D I slept good last night and have more energy. My spasms are very managable now. Tonight I start the progesterone. We shall see...

lovedbyHim
07-27-2011, 07:31 AM
Meet you in the middle of the Applachian trail!

She's at the top and I'm at the bottom.

Tee Hee- haven't hiked in 30 years

There are beautiful vistas and water falls in PA where you don't have to walk more than 50 feet! I could meet you there(giggle).

Manderson
07-27-2011, 10:02 AM
Yay for you Tammy!

steve.b
07-27-2011, 06:48 PM
I was climbing over boulders and pulling myself up with trees, etc. ...

and your animal at the moment is a bear.
does this mean anything ???

lovedbyHim
07-27-2011, 07:38 PM
and your animal at the moment is a bear.
does this mean anything ???

It's a sign! Hi Steve I am already feeling a lot better as my balance comes back. I have more energy and sleep soundly except for allergies lately. I walked yesterday and after stretching was able to do some exercises. Spasms in muscles are much less intense and manageable. I am eating very healthy again and drinking a lot of water. I'm already losing weight as my pants fit from last year. I am very hopeful and others have noticed that I am doing better at work. I guess I have "spring in my step" (grin). Maybe I will be the dancing bear next! Hey that sounds like an Indian name! I have an American Indian name given to by an elder of the Delaware Indians. It is "One who weeps for many." My great grandmother was half indian. Maybe that is why I crave the mountains.

Gizmo
07-27-2011, 09:03 PM
It's so encouraging to hear about your progress Tammy! It gives me hope that there are others out there for whom there are "easy" answers if the doctors just know what questions to ask. Enjoy your hike! I wish I could loan you one of our llamas to carry your gear.

lovedbyHim
07-27-2011, 11:25 PM
It's so encouraging to hear about your progress Tammy! It gives me hope that there are others out there for whom there are "easy" answers if the doctors just know what questions to ask. Enjoy your hike! I wish I could loan you one of our llamas to carry your gear.

You have llamas? Oh how nice! I used to have a small farm. I had goats & chickens. Oh how I loved it! I would sit in the field and they would nibble at my ears and make me laugh as they did flips and butted each other in the head.

lovedbyHim
07-31-2011, 06:03 PM
Well I did it! I hiked for two hours in the woods! It was wonderful! I got caught in a thunder storm and jogged part of the way to prevent hypothermia. I am exercising daily and lifting light weights to strengthen my arms. Honestly the thing that bothers me the most, is the osteoarthritis. The fibromyalgia spasms are more manageable now that I have more thyroid hormone and vit D increased.

I took a picture but the haze was too heavy in the Vista. I will have a better day and get some good shots.

tgal
07-31-2011, 06:07 PM
Well I did it! I hiked for two hours in the woods! It was wonderful! I got caught in a thunder storm and jogged part of the way to prevent hypothermia. I am exercising daily and lifting light weights to strengthen my arms. Honestly the thing that bothers me the most, is the osteoarthritis. The fibromyalgia spasms are more manageable now that I have more thyroid hormone and vit D increased.

I took a picture but the haze was too heavy in the Vista. I will have a better day and get some good shots.

I am so glad that you had a wonderful day!

steve.b
07-31-2011, 07:57 PM
i know a happy girl......

you

Gizmo
07-31-2011, 08:51 PM
You have llamas? Oh how nice! I used to have a small farm. I had goats & chickens. Oh how I loved it! I would sit in the field and they would nibble at my ears and make me laugh as they did flips and butted each other in the head.

I love goats! My daughter raised angoras for a year for FFA and she had 3 kids. We put them in the garage with their mom for warmth and my husband would come home from work at 11 PM and wake them up so he could watch them play.

It is SO exciting to hear how dramatically your life has turned around. I surely wish that others on this site could find something easy that would make such a difference. It gives us all hope that things can change.

lovedbyHim
07-31-2011, 08:59 PM
I love goats! My daughter raised angoras for a year for FFA and she had 3 kids. We put them in the garage with their mom for warmth and my husband would come home from work at 11 PM and wake them up so he could watch them play.

It is SO exciting to hear how dramatically your life has turned around. I surely wish that others on this site could find something easy that would make such a difference. It gives us all hope that things can change.

Honestly, I started to lose hope. I thought I would truly have to quit my job because of falling asleep at the wheel. Now I still get tired from the UV, but not comatose! Tomorrow I am babysitting my granddaughter for my very sick daughter, and it blesses me that I don't get overcome with exhaustion. I will nap when she naps and be just fine. Thank you for celebrating this with me. I too wish others could feel better as fast as this had made me feel better.

Tracyl50
08-08-2011, 05:11 PM
Grizzly Bear i see your from PA . I'm in NY and I'm not to far from Pa what part are you from. and do you ever come to NY?? i would love to meet someone who is going threw what I'm going threw. I'm about 1 and half from bushkill falls.. i love hiking but i really cant do it right now. I'm hoping soon..