PDA

View Full Version : Public Places

ritzbit
07-24-2011, 07:41 PM
Do any of you guys feel that you always end up sick, and not lupus flare sick but just regular ol' sick, after going out somewhere where there is a lot of people like public pools, festivals, malls, amusement parks? I always seem too. On top of being really sick lupus wise from being out the other day I think I might have picked up strep throat. My throat has been hurting all day and its just getting worse so Im going to the doctor in the morning to check before going out of town to my grandparents house for a few days.

ruziska
07-24-2011, 08:03 PM
considering the fact that we have an autoimmune disease, it isn't surprising. The more people we are around, the higher the chances of being around someone who is sick...

When my kids were in school, they brought home every blasted bug that was going around and whatever the bug of the day was, I'd get a double dose of it. Add to that my hubby is a mailman and do you have any idea how many germs are on the mail?!?!?! Geesh! Smorgasbord of germies. He uses a lot of hand sanitizer.

So no, Ritzbit, it isn't a surprise at all.

n.mac
07-24-2011, 09:10 PM
my wife is a nurse and around sick people all day long-wash your hands alot especially around door knobs handrails etc.

lovedbyHim
07-24-2011, 10:24 PM
I honestly don't get sick often with viruses or bacterial infections. But, if I do get sick I am inflamed forever! I cough for months after a chest cold. Feel better dear.

Gizmo
07-25-2011, 02:13 AM
I honestly don't get sick often with viruses or bacterial infections. But, if I do get sick I am inflamed forever! I cough for months after a chest cold. Feel better dear.

I very rarely get sick, either, but when I do it's ugly. My WBC is almost always above normal, so I figure my immune system is always on high alert - ready to slay foe ... or friend at any time. I hope you feel better Ritz.

lovedbyHim
07-25-2011, 03:24 AM
I very rarely get sick, either, but when I do it's ugly. My WBC is almost always above normal, so I figure my immune system is always on high alert - ready to slay foe ... or friend at any time. I hope you feel better Ritz.

More friend than foe on this end. Ugh

debbie-b
07-25-2011, 04:02 AM
That explains why my rheumy, after a flare, asked me, if I was around sick people. I told him, that I work with the public and that I am sure, that several of them were sick. He told me to stay away from them??????????????????

Debbie

GeoKasher
07-25-2011, 04:14 AM
For 30 years now I can plan on getting a really bad sinus infection at least 4 times a year. It puts me flat in bed for at least 3 days and the effect linger for a month or more. I had always wondered why it took me so long to get over them. I think I know now...

ritzbit
07-25-2011, 07:45 AM
Im on my way to the doctor actually because I think I have strep or maybe a sinus infection. I just know that I feel like poop.

sharpiessave
07-25-2011, 09:30 AM
Two pieces of pooh were sitting next to each other. The first said to the second, "Fella, you look terrible. What's the matter?" The second replied, "Man, I feel like sh--!"

Good luck Ritz.

ritzbit
07-25-2011, 11:45 AM
LOL The doc gave me an antibiotic because there was gunk in the back of my throat so its probably a sinus infection. I get sick whenever I seem to go out!

n.mac
07-25-2011, 12:16 PM
Two pieces of pooh were sitting next to each other. The first said to the second, "Fella, you look terrible. What's the matter?" The second replied, "Man, I feel like sh--!"

Good luck Ritz.

Owl was walking by the bathroom one day and saw tigger with his head in the toilet-he said tigger what are you doing -he answered looking for pooh !

Sorry about that its the only pooh joke I know.

lovedbyHim
07-25-2011, 02:10 PM
Owl was walking by the bathroom one day and saw tigger with his head in the toilet-he said tigger what are you doing -he answered looking for pooh !

Giggling here all by myself. Love it!

Gizmo
07-25-2011, 03:21 PM
You're never too old for poo jokes!

Manderson
07-25-2011, 03:25 PM
I rarely get sick....sick as in coughs, colds, flu and I am exposed to them quite a bit. But if we do go out and stay out late, the next day I get this "hung over" feeling even tho I don't drink. I feel like the bad old days when I used to stay out all night and drink and smoke.

magistramarla
07-25-2011, 04:56 PM
I'm another one who rarely gets sick. It seems that my immune system is always on high alert.
When I taught, kids would come up to my desk, sneeze on me, and ask to go to the nurse. I got sick with the kids once in the seven years that I taught.
That was when we had an influx of kids from Katrina, and they brought us some new germs.
I haven't had a cold in years.
There are some good things about auto-immunity. Who would have thought?
Get better soon, Ritz!
Hugs,
Marla

ritzbit
07-26-2011, 06:48 PM
I guess its partly because of the steriods and cellcept making me get sick easier. Im feeling better today with the antibiotics in my system some. Had a nice 2 day trip down to my grandparents house. =)

steve.b
07-26-2011, 09:01 PM
Had a nice 2 day trip down to my grandparents house. =)

i am happy for you.

tgal
07-26-2011, 09:07 PM

LOL that is cute!

Nonna
07-27-2011, 03:38 AM
Just love n.Mac's pooh joke.

Ritz glad you had a good visit

Lately I feel like I'm always sick - duh been sick since February

lizbond36
07-28-2011, 05:57 AM
Yes I hate going to public place's Don't know when it will strike. My throat has been hurting for a couple days. I think I got bite by something cause I have this big ball (lump) next to my throat. Let us know how it went :-)
Hugs
Liz