PDA

View Full Version : fellow Lupie with a geographical question

lexis214
12-27-2005, 12:20 PM
Hi all, Hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season!! I am other than having a flare up the day after christmas. Just a lot of joint pain in my knees and ankles and I can't fight the fatigue as I usually do. Lets hope this doesn't last too long or I might wear a hole in my PJs.
I am from Houston and those of you familiar know that we never have more than 2 seasons and the sun,heat, humidity is so awful for more than half the year.
About 8 years ago my husband and children and I lived in New Hampshire. We were only there for 6 mos and had to come home to houston for my husbands job.
To make a long one short I have a huge desire to move back to new england, preferably New Hampshire. Just curious if anyone from the board lives here or near hear. It is such a big move but I want to grow old there and finish raising my children. I am curious if I might feel better being away from so much heat? I also wanted to know if there are good doctors for lupus patients in this area?
Please let me know what you think. I am ready to move as soon as my children are out for summer vacation provided that i have the funds saved for a move.

Happy New Year, :B-fly:
Angie

Saysusie
12-29-2005, 07:07 PM
Since I am in California, I can't help you much huh? :lol:
Just wanted to say that I hope someone has good advice for you soon

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

lexis214
12-29-2005, 10:04 PM
Thanks Saysusie,
I spoke to my dr today and she seems to think that being exposed to less stress, sun and heat would improve the quality of life with lupus. Ofcourse if being here is what makes one happy than you will have a better quality life also. I go for an MRI tomorrow because they see to think I am having either mini strokes/seizures or both that will account for the memory lapses and tempory loss of conscesness(ms??)
I will update when I get the results.

Angie

SassySingleMa
12-30-2005, 02:00 PM
You might be better off. I know I feel better when I'm not in the heat!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v355/ReisandMaci/Myfallsiggy.gif

azgirl
03-27-2006, 08:28 PM
How do you deal with the cold? I moved from Arizona to Vermont, and am doing well over all. The worst is the cold though. It gets so-o-o-oooo COLD here during the winter (thankfully this winter was short). Otherwise, it's beautiful, and the summers, while humid, are otherwise mild. However, make sure you move somewhere that has a good hospital. I hate our local hospital (the only rheumatologists in the area are there), and am tired of being retested for lupus every year, only to be told that I have it. I'm going to start driving to Dartmouth to avoid it. Good luck with the move :0)

lexis214
03-28-2006, 09:37 AM
Hello all my fellow lupies, I am happy that the furom is back up and running. I did get the results for the testing that was done and it is not mini strokes however; now I have been diagnosed with narcoleptcy. It all fit together and made since. Just one more little glitch to deal with.
The cold has been a little of a problem but nothing compared to the heat of Houston TX. Well I have to run but will post more later.

Angie

Saysusie
03-28-2006, 11:41 AM
Hi Angie :lol:
Glad you are back. I have a friend who was recently diagnosed with lupus and narcolepsy. I wonder if that is connected to our chronic fatigue or if it is something completely different?

Saysusie