PDA

View Full Version : I DO NOT have cancer

lovedbyHim
07-20-2011, 09:28 AM
Well I found out I do not have cancer. I do however, have an abnormal build up of odd cells on my endometrium and it must be treated with hormone replacement therapy. Unfortunate I have a history of blood clots and can't do HRT. She is discussing my lymph node biopsy I had years ago, with my pcp, to decide if I can at least take progesterin.

The endless night sweats, EXTRA ...extreme fatigue and low back pain is all from the endometrium. If the doc feels it's safe I can start the hormone tomorrow.

Maybe once I am on this awhile I will stop whining STEVE. Tehehe...

Manderson
07-20-2011, 09:35 AM
Oh WOW! Wonderbar! Now maybe this will help with the fatigue and you won't have to worry about leaving your job.

rob
07-20-2011, 09:37 AM
I am very happy to hear this Tammy. I know this has been weighing heavily on your mind for some time now. This is great news!

Saysusie
07-20-2011, 09:47 AM
Such good news and, I am sure, a big sigh of relief. I do hope that you are able to start treatments very soon so that your symptoms are alleviated. I am very happy for you :-)

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

Elo
07-20-2011, 09:52 AM
YAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*dances - some sort of shuffle because her knees are creaky this morning*
Happy Not Having Cancer!!!

Seriously though, even though it is a serious and painful issue, i'm so happy that you've found out what is causing it and have treatment in mind. And I'm so excited that it's not cancer! Hurrah! Huffah! Yay!

Peridot20_Gem
07-20-2011, 10:03 AM
Tammy "BRILLIANT NEWS" mate...i told you, you may have been worrying for nothing but that's made my day hearing that.

I really hope they start you tomorrow on the hormone to sort your problem out...christ what we women go through, just never ends.

Hugzzzzzzzz you way mate. Love Terry xxxxx

magistramarla
07-20-2011, 01:41 PM
Tammy,
I'm glad that it isn't cancer. So, if it is endometriosis, why can't they surgically clear it out like they did for my Meg before they put you on the hormones?
I wonder if she had more of a build-up of it than you have, and they think that the hormones alone will flush them out?
I hope that they can soon decide on a treatment and get it taken care of for you.
Hugs,
Marla

cptnblah
07-20-2011, 02:44 PM
That's wonderful news! Like you said in my post...I haven't chatted with you but I do know what it is like to play the waiting game. and at least you won!!! Congrats!

lizbond36
07-20-2011, 03:17 PM
Tammy thats wonderful news, thanks for sharing with your family :-) keep us updated.

Hugs
Liz

ButterflyRN
07-20-2011, 03:31 PM
Glad to hear it's not cancer! Hope you start to feel better with the progesterin!

giggle
07-20-2011, 04:37 PM
: D excellent! I hope they can sort out a comfortable solution for you! Surely there is nothing more unpleasant and uncomfortable than unsolved lady issues : /

lovedbyHim
07-20-2011, 06:03 PM
Tammy,
I'm glad that it isn't cancer. So, if it is endometriosis, why can't they surgically clear it out like they did for my Meg before they put you on the hormones?
I wonder if she had more of a build-up of it than you have, and they think that the hormones alone will flush them out?
I hope that they can soon decide on a treatment and get it taken care of for you.
Hugs,
Marla

Gosh Marla, I haven't a clue. We are at the mercy of these docs & I truly don't trust many of them. She said normal treatment would be to put me on both estrogen and progesterin but I have blood clot history. I also had a mass grow in my lymph nodes from the lupus & because it was next to my breast, she might not use the progesterin. That's why I have to wait until she reads my mass biopsy & runs it by PCP. No wonder I feel so crappy.

ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS, "ARE WE HAVING FUN YET?"

lovedbyHim
07-20-2011, 06:07 PM
That's wonderful news! Like you said in my post...I haven't chatted with you but I do know what it is like to play the waiting game. and at least you won!!! Congrats!

I'm truly sorry you had to hear such bad news. My heart is heavy over so many with CA. As if lupus isn't enough to contend with. I hope & pray surgery is soon and successful for you. Tammy

tgal
07-20-2011, 08:22 PM
I am so glad you don't have cancer! Hopefully they will figure it all out soon!

BonusMom
07-20-2011, 10:48 PM
Great news!

steve.b
07-21-2011, 12:34 AM
S M I L I N G for you

Peridot20_Gem
07-21-2011, 06:18 AM
Tammy keep we updated mate and on when they start you on the medication please.

Love you loads Terry xxxxx

bunny28
07-21-2011, 01:50 PM
Good news!
Good for you!

ritzbit
07-21-2011, 01:59 PM
I saw this on facebook and it kind of made me think of this so I thought I'd share it.

http://www.thefightlikeagirlclub.com/2011/07/morgans-fight-like-a-girl-story-endometriosis/#nav

lovedbyHim
07-21-2011, 04:44 PM
I saw this on facebook and it kind of made me think of this so I thought I'd share it.

http://www.thefightlikeagirlclub.com/2011/07/morgans-fight-like-a-girl-story-endometriosis/#nav

Wow you have no idea how much this spoke to me with chills, sweats, nausea, etc. I have started the hormone yet but side affects look nasty. Again, are we having fun yet? Sheesh! My boyfriend had to pull off the road for me to throw up tonight. Ugh....

Thank you sending this to me. Tammy

Peridot20_Gem
07-21-2011, 04:54 PM
Tammy all drugs have side affects but they don't hit everyone mate the same, so please dow start panicking again.

I really feel for you with these chills, sweats and nausea is a terrible symptom though but lovely to hear your old man did'nt get throwed over.lol

Chill out mate and try and relax in some way...i know it's easier said than done.

((Hugs to you mate)) xxxxxxxxx

lovedbyHim
07-23-2011, 03:39 PM
Docs are still discussing my being allowed to take the hormone. Monday I will say, "Yea or Ney!" Sheesh, what's the worst that could happen? I might get nausea, sleepless nights, chills, sweats...I ALREADY AM!

Peridot20_Gem
07-23-2011, 05:03 PM
How much time do they need with what your going through...sometimes it just ah good enough.

Please keep we updated mate, well i'll be intouch to see what's happening anyway.

Tammy if you dow mind me asking you, you ah going abit SHEEPISH with the "yea or nay" lol....oh christ mate i am laughing this end, 1st the horse & now sheep, i'm getting abit worried about ya taking on personality disorder's here.

lovedbyHim
07-23-2011, 05:07 PM
How much time do they need with what your going through...sometimes it just ah good enough.

Please keep we updated mate, well i'll be intouch to see what's happening anyway.

Tammy if you dow mind me asking you, you ah going abit SHEEPISH with the "yea or nay" lol....oh christ mate i am laughing this end, 1st the horse & now sheep, i'm getting abit worried about ya taking on personality disorder's here.

Naaaaaaa.......I'm fine.

Peridot20_Gem
07-23-2011, 05:17 PM
Naaaaaaa.......I'm fine.Yiphhhhhhy