PDA

View Full Version : How many member's need a break from their pc's

Peridot20_Gem
07-19-2011, 03:40 AM
Well since my eyes have got worse besides being seen up the eye infirmary, i was told only an hour a day to go on my pc concerning my eyes and because of my seizures also but come on we all do abit of ignoring at times to some given advice... well i have concerning my pc.

I've noticed lately and yesterday was the worst, that when i've been on just over an hour i start getting pain behind my eyes and then an headache can come but lastnight my hubby said your eyes just underneath and also your cheeks look burnt and i could'nt believe it when i saw it in the mirror.

So besides myself how many member's are getting this also concerning their cheeks.???

lovedbyHim
07-19-2011, 03:44 AM
Lol I'm typing on a Droid phone. Need I say more?

Peridot20_Gem
07-19-2011, 04:34 AM
Tammy your the best mate.lol

Saysusie
07-19-2011, 10:20 AM
I've never had that happen to me, but I have heard that we should limit the time that we are on our PCs as it can cause issues with our eyes as well as headaches. My primary doc mentioned to me that they have screens that you can put in front of your monitor in order to diffuse some of the glaring light. However, I've read that the new monitors (within the last 3-5 years) already have the diffusion screens built in.
I don't know what the real issue with the PC and our eyes may be, but limiting the amount of time that you are in front of it may help.
I wish you the best

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

tgal
07-19-2011, 10:24 AM
LOL I adore you!

tgal
07-19-2011, 10:28 AM
I've never had that happen to me, but I have heard that we should limit the time that we are on our PCs as it can cause issues with our eyes as well as headaches. My primary doc mentioned to me that they have screens that you can put in front of your monitor in order to diffuse some of the glaring light. However, I've read that the new monitors (within the last 3-5 years) already have the diffusion screens built in.
I don't know what the real issue with the PC and our eyes may be, but limiting the amount of time that you are in front of it may help.
I wish you the best

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

When I was still working they put one of those covers on my screen. It helped a lot. My current laptop does have about the same protection without it.

rob
07-19-2011, 11:13 AM
I should probably limit the amount of time I spend on my PC, but you folks are all just so damn awesome, that I can't stay away!

Peridot20_Gem
07-19-2011, 11:42 AM
I wish you the best

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
SaysusieWhat i can't understand is mine does have a diffusion screen built in and it's making no different after an hour my cheeks look baked.

The Dermo's got to sort me out with something (Annoyed.lol)

tgal
07-19-2011, 03:03 PM
I should probably limit the amount of time I spend on my PC, but you folks are all just so damn awesome, that I can't stay away!

Way to suck up! LOL If my mom was here she would say "what is it you want?" LOL

rob
07-19-2011, 04:22 PM
Way to suck up! LOL If my mom was here she would say "what is it you want?" LOL

I want chocolate chip cookies. Got any?

(after 3 days plus of steroid hell, my appetite is back in a big way)

Peridot20_Gem
07-19-2011, 04:31 PM
I want chocolate chip cookies. Got any?

(after 3 days plus of steroid hell, my appetite is back in a big way)Rob,

Your chocolate chip cookie mad mate...you need to go to detoxing. lol

Linda From Australia
07-19-2011, 04:32 PM

That would probably explain why the members near the top of the animal kingdom have so many joint pains ..... they spend far too long sitting at their computer on WHL and their joints seize up through inactivity. Just a thought, probably not a very good thought though. Rob I found a good selection of exercises from Youtube especially for you to do. There are eye, neck, head, mouth, arms and leg exercises to do.

Terry I have also included a clip for you to do some really effective eye exercises. Let me know if they improve your eyesight. Also get your hubby to stand in front of you to make sure you do the exercises properly

There is a song that could be dedicated to WHL users, by the Back Street Boys. You could sing the song and do your exercises while posting on WHL. Just a thought. Here are the words ...

I don't care who you are
Where you're from
What you did
As long as you love me
Who you are
Where you're from
Don't care what you did
As long as you love me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpUUrW4EUrk&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foQtIDmt3gg

rob
07-19-2011, 04:43 PM
Also get your hubby to stand in front of you to make sure you do the exercises properly

My hubby!?!?

Linda From Australia
07-19-2011, 04:46 PM
Terry I have also included a clip for you to do some really effective eye exercises. Let me know if they improve your eyesight. Also get your hubby to stand in front of you to make sure you do the exercises properly

Terry’s hubby Rob ... see what happens when you are on the computer too long, you forget who people are talking to. I suppose you could get your dad to watch your eye exercises. You had better not get Karen to help you out, she will probably think you have been possessed by some evil WHL virus.

rob
07-19-2011, 04:50 PM
Terry’s hubby Rob ... see what happens when you are on the computer too long, you forget who people are talking to. I suppose you could get your dad to watch your eye exercises. You had better not get Karen to help you out, she will probably think you have been possessed by some evil WHL virus.

My reading comprehension really gets bad when I don't eat enough chocolate chip cookies. They are the most important of the two food groups.

I'll be OK, really...

Peridot20_Gem
07-19-2011, 05:05 PM
Rob...be careful our linda is in top form again tonight mate.

You love your chip cookies and it's jaffa's where i'm concerned.

Peridot20_Gem
07-19-2011, 05:06 PM

LINDA BEHAVE YOURSELF WOMAN (wink) LOL

steve.b
07-20-2011, 04:24 AM
i cant quite see terry doing the eye exercises.
but rob with his drag racing helmet...............

definitely.

all i can say is welcome back linda.

Peridot20_Gem
07-21-2011, 03:51 AM
i cant quite see terry doing the eye exercises.
but rob with his drag racing helmet...............

definitely.

all i can say is welcome back linda.Steve,

Your right there mate...i have a game with my pc and keeping level without trying that.lol