PDA

View Full Version : Is this true or not? (Red dots on the skin)

lizbond36
07-17-2011, 06:01 PM
I have red spots on my forearm and now tiny dots on my arm. I had these for a very long time. I went online to found out what these are. I come across a website from a doctor. they call these petechiae and is known by many diseases but Lupus is in the mix. I was wondering if anyone have these tiny pin size red dots.

Hugs
Liz

Manderson
07-17-2011, 06:05 PM
I have them. Most of mine are either on my hands and wrists or on the inside of my forearms up to the elbows. I take half a Zyrtec a day and that keeps them somewhat under control. Do yours itch? The ones on my hands and wrists do but not the ones on the inside or forearms and elbows.

tgal
07-17-2011, 08:08 PM
I don't have those but I also have discoid Lupus so I have tons of skin issues. I constantly carry a lace like rash on my arms and it kind of freaks out new nurses. They always say "Are you here about the rash?" and I say "oh no I always have those". LOL ! I also have scaly patches on my elbows that come and go, sometimes hurt, sometimes not. Most of my skin issues went away after a few months on plaquenil but lately they are coming back along with mouth sores. I am on 40 MG of steroids and 12.5 of MTX. No idea where I go from here. I know that I wont be taking the new med since, without insurance, it is going to be $35,000 a year and I I barely make 16, 000 a year on disability and I have no insurance.

Have I mentioned that Lupus sucks?? LOL

giggle
07-18-2011, 02:54 AM
I had those on my hands that time and have noticed them popping up elsewhere over my body. I always wondered... I thought it looked like blood under the skin! LOL Now I know : ) It is blood under the skin.

craftkeeper
07-18-2011, 03:58 AM
If you guys are talking about something that looks like tiny little blood blisters i get these all the time. Arms, legs, chest and alot on the inside of my mouth.

Tgal i'm so sorry that your problems are reocurring. I also get the dry scaly patches on knees,elbows and knuckles and mouth sores. I dont think the Plaquenil has ever stopped it, slowed it down some though. Right now i have sore bumps all over my scalp. It sickens me that the Big drug Pharmas are such money grubbing #@$##%. Whoops! There goes that foul mouth again. Yep all this surely does suck.

Peridot20_Gem
07-18-2011, 05:30 AM
Hi Liz,

I've got Dicoid Lupus and go through so many different issues concerning a Flare when it happens, which is more often than not and i've also had these and besides being red dot's sometimes they can look like bloods broken underneath the skin...just like a broken blood vessel but small but they do go eventually.

Just another skin issue with Lupus but at the moment i'm suffering with a Flare of bad blisters just through heat and no exposure to sun.

ritzbit
07-18-2011, 09:16 AM
I had those a few months ago on my feet and it was vasculitis.

Peridot20_Gem
07-18-2011, 09:59 AM
Ritz...they can be involved with vasculitis also. GOOD POINT

lizbond36
07-18-2011, 07:20 PM
Thank you everyone, I am not crazy LOL. They don't itch and they haven't gone away. I bring this up with the new doctor. Doesn't bother me at all, when people ask me if I was painting ETC then I notice it. But I always wonder and I am not the only person.
Hugs
Liz

Peridot20_Gem
07-19-2011, 02:43 AM
Hi Liz,

Your not the only person who as them mate so mention it to your Doctor like you said and it's the only flare i've had without itching or any irritation.

Let we know liz how thinks go when you see your Doctor.

Hugs Terry xxx

Elo
07-19-2011, 04:59 AM
I also have little red spots on my arms and sometimes on my thighs...but that's from a completely harmless condition (keratosis pilaris) where my body produces too much keratin and it clogs up the pores - causing fun little red bumps that from far away can look like a sunburn.
At least, that's my self diagnosis ;) I can't remember how long i've had them - but I know it's been since before I was a teen. They don't itch, really don't do much except sit there and make me self conscious when I wear a dress or short sleeves.

lizbond36
07-19-2011, 07:42 AM
Terry I let you know, I had to make a appt on Aug 24 but I am moving so need to found a new one. But I let you all know :-)

Hugs
Liz

Peridot20_Gem
07-19-2011, 07:52 AM
Terry I let you know, I had to make a appt on Aug 24 but I am moving so need to found a new one. But I let you all know :-)

Hugs
LizThanks Liz,

As it's always nice to know how the member's go with tests and results...i hope your move goes well also.

Love Terry xxx

lizbond36
07-19-2011, 12:45 PM
been packing don't realizes that I am tried and I am only on my 8th box. This heat in the midwest is kicking my butt. Heat index is 101 and they are talking about reaching 115. I need some cooler weather. No snow just nice weather :-)

Hugs
Liz

Peridot20_Gem
07-19-2011, 12:48 PM
Liz,

I just don't know how your coping mate i can't cope with late 50s and 60s temps never mind 101...i hope you've got fans going mate. xxxx

lizbond36
07-19-2011, 06:28 PM
I have the A/C plus three fans going. I am ok with 60 but 75 is pushing it. Now I haven't been outside at all. Don't need to end up in the ER. I just can't wait to relaxed somewhat :-)

How you been? Is Lupus making you Lupie? Sure is doing a number on me.

Hugs
Liz

Peridot20_Gem
07-20-2011, 09:45 AM
Liz,

I don't blame you mate having the fans going and wanting to relax...as anything tires we out.

Lupus is making me Lupie mate..woke this morning my legs in terrible pain, shaking also so i've been popping paracetamol all day to help, it's humid here but no sun and i'm in doors and can't cope with it, the heat makes me quick tempered.lol then the other half gets the blunt of it.

Love Terry xxxxx

lizbond36
07-20-2011, 03:28 PM
I understand I been popping pain killers like there candy even two as 750 MG isn't cutting it for me. I am in so much pain but Hubby works and I have to do myself. That just us woman.. I would love to travel over sea's I have heard is nice in the fall. I guess I keep dreaming.

Hugs
Liz

Peridot20_Gem
07-20-2011, 04:13 PM
I'm just lucky my hubby is around Liz to help with alot of stuff but being as your hubby works it's got to be done some road or other but you've got to be worn out badly and being in alot of pain plus the heat...i bet your dropping on your feet mate.

We'll both keep on dreaming concerning the holiday lark.lol

Hugs to you Terry

lizbond36
07-20-2011, 06:48 PM
He is the breadmaker and I am a house wife-mother. I need his paycheck my medical bill is now over 3,000. I always put on that mask around my kids. Tonight Lupus won't be silence got out of my chair and the pain was so bad I let out a scream and I guess the look on my kids face isn't something I will never forget. Fear was all over there face and I felt very sad and my 10 year begin to cry and told me she doesn't want me to die, I have to promise her to live to 1,000 year old. I hug my kids and said mom needs a shower and I sat there and cried.
Sorry Terry and everyone I went off subject.
Hugs
Liz

luv1only63
07-21-2011, 03:31 AM
OTE=lizbond36;92661]I have red spots on my forearm and now tiny dots on my arm. I had these for a very long time. I went online to found out what these are. I come across a website from a doctor. they call these petechiae and is known by many diseases but Lupus is in the mix. I was wondering if anyone have these tiny pin size red dots.

Hugs
Liz[/QUOTE]
yes I have them on my chest. My Rhemy dismissed it as nothing.

Peridot20_Gem
07-21-2011, 03:39 AM
OTE=lizbond36;92661]I have red spots on my forearm and now tiny dots on my arm. I had these for a very long time. I went online to found out what these are. I come across a website from a doctor. they call these petechiae and is known by many diseases but Lupus is in the mix. I was wondering if anyone have these tiny pin size red dots.

Hugs
LizHi luv1only63,

Yes i have these and from the start of the thread, you'll see how many member's have suffered them and sometimes they can break like a blood vessel but they do clear up eventually it's how long the flare last for.

Ritz made a good point which i did'nt state at the time they're also involved with vasculitis.

Terry xxx