PDA

View Full Version : my daughters first visit to rheumi

kim,l
07-16-2011, 12:57 AM
he has placed her on prednisone and taken more blood tests and urine tests she goes back next week but he is in agreement she probably has lupus just like me and my mum would rather had passed on my good looks and sense of humour ha ha have to laugh or i will cry hugs kim l

steve.b
07-16-2011, 01:05 AM
i hope all goes well.
that the lupus is easily controlled !!!

Peridot20_Gem
07-16-2011, 03:50 AM
Hi Kim,

Thanks for letting us know mate...i do hope all goes well with your daughter on the prednisone and lets see what more results come up.

Please keep we updated mate ((Fully Hugs your way)) Love Terry xxx

lovedbyHim
07-16-2011, 04:17 AM
Hi Kim so good to hear treatment is beginning. Most of all, I am pleased to hear humor coming out. Bless you in this tough journey.

debbie-b
07-16-2011, 04:37 AM
Hi Kim,

It is good to hear, the her doctor has started her treatment, it is what she needs.
I want to wish you and your family all the best.

Debbie

tgal
07-16-2011, 09:01 AM
Hi Kim,

I am glad that she has been started on some kind of treatment. Things must be different over there because plaquenil is the first thing they give here. I was looking at some picture I uploaded of my daughter last night and the red cheeks and nose are getting so much worse. My heart goes out to you in this. I hope everything goes well

magistramarla
07-16-2011, 01:25 PM
Hi Kim,
That is good news that Sarah is getting taken seriously and is getting treatment started. Look at it this way - she is getting the dx and treatment early, so hopefully she can avoid some of the damage and bad symptoms that you have had to suffer. Impress upon her that taking her meds and continuing good medical treatment will help her to avoid feeling the way you do when she reaches your age.
Hopefully, science will have found a cure, or at least much better treatments by the time our kids reach our age!
Hugs,
Marla

kim,l
07-18-2011, 06:47 AM
sarah went to urolgist again today has been booked in for urodynamics tests and has to have 2 operations on bladder she is on waiting list she will have more blood results from lupus testing on friday can anyone tell me i know you can get bad eyesight from plaquenil but she is not on that yet but her eyesight is failing can lupus cause this i have double vision and blurred vision but hers is failing she just got knew glasses and they are strong but they are not working she cannot see without her glasses.

tgal
07-18-2011, 09:08 AM
sarah went to urolgist again today has been booked in for urodynamics tests and has to have 2 operations on bladder she is on waiting list she will have more blood results from lupus testing on friday can anyone tell me i know you can get bad eyesight from plaquenil but she is not on that yet but her eyesight is failing can lupus cause this i have double vision and blurred vision but hers is failing she just got knew glasses and they are strong but they are not working she cannot see without her glasses.

As for the question about the yes, the answer is yes. About 20% of Lupus patients have issues with the eyes. LFA gives the following information.

Lupus and Eye Problems (http://www.lupus.org/webmodules/webarticlesnet/templates/new_learnaffects.aspx?articleid=2380&zoneid=526)

Well at least they starting to do something to help her.

Elo
07-18-2011, 12:06 PM
I'm sorry to hear that :(
But at least she's getting treated - and getting diagnosed, so early in the game. That can really help her in the long run. I have my fingers crossed for the both of you, that she has a relatively easy life with this disease.

kim,l
07-22-2011, 07:48 PM
hi everyone sarah visited rheumi yesterday he said she has 5 criteria out of 10 for lupus believes she has it but will not definetly confirm it outright but is treating her for it she has been taking prednisone and is feeling less fatigued and not so much pain so he was going to put her on plaquenil but wants to wait 2 months to see if she gets worse it is so frustrating because ana confirms and other symptoms confirm i do not understand why they wait till her condition worsens to place her on medications he said he is reluctant because she is so young i would rather stabilize her condition than wait for it to get worse doctors agitate me .

steve.b
07-22-2011, 11:38 PM
thinking of you all.