PDA

View Full Version : Can somebody please explain?

mrstjscott
07-15-2011, 07:13 AM
I am having trouble seeing now. Neon flashing lights hurt my eyes very badly, even in daylight. Noises are bothering me. My nerves are bad. If I wear light-shaded sunglasses, the sun hurts my eyes. If I wear dark-shaded sunglasses, they are too dark. Can't find a middle ground.

Manderson
07-15-2011, 07:46 AM
I don't have luck with sunglasses either Mrs. Are you having floaters and flashing lights in your visual field or are you talking about looking at neon lights? I know with fibro and one other AI (adrenal fatigue possibly?) which I cannot think of at the moment, noises and extraneous stimulation effect the patient. This has been slowly happening to me. When the clinic is really busy and I have people talking over people, I just about freak out. Same goes for busy restaurants or parties. Three years ago I started to get spider web like floaters (really giant ones) in my eyes. I was afraid of a detached retina, went to eye doc and he could not find anything. It was just something that went on for a few days and then stopped.

Check with your optometrist about sun glasses.

ritzbit
07-15-2011, 08:41 AM
I get like that when I get bad migraines. Light hurts and sound hurts.

Manderson
07-15-2011, 08:45 AM
Meant to add - any sudden changes in vision need to be looked at (no pun intended) by doc.

mrstjscott
07-15-2011, 12:22 PM
Manderson, I see big floaters more than I think is normal. Will be going to the opthamologist soon. I used to have migraines. I just can't stand noise and too much light now.

tgal
07-15-2011, 12:57 PM
Hi there! Do you take plaquenil? If so you really need to get that looked at rather quickly. It is rare for plaquenil to cause problems at the low doses that we are on but it is possible.

Islablue
07-16-2011, 01:38 PM
Mrstjscott - I know what you mean. I have issues with that too. I've seen an opthamologist and nothing was there at all. So much gets on my nerves now like it never has before. Loud noises, crowded places, and bright lights are irritating to me as well. Migraines started out as visual disturbances in my case. I hope you find answers! ((hugs))

lizbond36
07-17-2011, 11:57 AM
I had these for a long time, I also have burning feeling and the feeling of going blind. Which take 30 mins to go back to normal. My eyes are bad even before I was DX with Lupus. However my Doctor told me the eye trouble is caused by Lupus don't know if thats your case or not.
Hugs
Liz

Peridot20_Gem
07-18-2011, 05:36 AM
Manderson, I see big floaters more than I think is normal. Will be going to the opthamologist soon. I used to have migraines. I just can't stand noise and too much light now.Hi mrsjscott,

I'm on plaquenil and had to have my eyes tested with a opthamologist before taking it but the lady told me and the opticians besides said if you have floaters which you do, it can either be the issue of the lupus with your eyes and refering light or taking plaquenil.

Please see someone about it as you know yourself...your eyes are important to everyone walking and please keep we updated.

Hugs Terry xxx