PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in the UK?

Nixxie
07-14-2011, 10:22 AM
I know its probably a long shot but is anyone from UK? I have really struggled finding any groups near me!!

tgal
07-14-2011, 11:29 AM
LOL Not another one of you! You are going to make the UK count bigger then the US count and Linda from Australia is going to give us an even harder time!

Please know that I am just kidding. It is a running joke on here and we all need to smile. There are TONS of people from the UK here so your longshot paid off!

Hquest
07-14-2011, 12:26 PM
Hi Nixxie,

Have you heard of Lupus UK? They may know of a support group near you, or not THAT far away... we are only a 'small' island in comparison to the Vast U.S. of A after all! :)

I have recently found out that there is a Lupus support group near to us, just thinking through the positives of joining it with my 10 year old who has Lupus?? Hmm. They seem to do a lot to raise awareness in the area such as roller skating down a very busy road through the town dressed in 80s gear.

Anyway, hope you get on okay with finding others nearby and welcome!

Joy

Peridot20_Gem
07-14-2011, 04:03 PM
Hello Nikki,

I'm from the UK in the west midlands and no support groups here, the nearest you get is coucilling off the hosptial wow wee...member's on the site know more and half these councillors have never suffered with it, that's the biggest joke of all.

Terry

steve.b
07-14-2011, 07:32 PM
i hope you find a local support group.

i know the greatest support group for me is right here.

i hope you join both.... stay here wa are happy to have you with us.

Nixxie
07-19-2011, 04:15 AM
Hello Nikki,

I'm from the UK in the west midlands and no support groups here, the nearest you get is coucilling off the hosptial wow wee...member's on the site know more and half these councillors have never suffered with it, that's the biggest joke of all.

Terry

Oh I am with you on that one. One of the nurses at my rheumy clinic winds me up because she is so "so what" about my pain and symptoms. I think if she had to live a day with Lupus she would implode!! Makes me cross when people who havent experienced it try to give you advice!

Peridot20_Gem
07-19-2011, 04:48 AM
Oh I am with you on that one. One of the nurses at my rheumy clinic winds me up because she is so "so what" about my pain and symptoms. I think if she had to live a day with Lupus she would implode!! Makes me cross when people who havent experienced it try to give you advice!Your right nikki,

It was the sister who told me in the day unit..i mean councilling all they do is abit of studying in the field and they know it all.

Joy added a place on here for the west midlands for me to see besides me replying and it's disappeared????....so christ knows where that's gone.

tiggerlishus - Heidi
07-23-2011, 04:26 AM
hi nikki

i live in essex in uk i don't attend any support groups i find we have lupus is my best support!
i do also find the lupus clinic at st thomas in london is a great help !!
if you ever need a chat just pm me i am a bit sparaticle with coming on here at mo so you can always find me on fb as well as heidi . dan just let me know where i know you from here xx

Numpty
09-22-2011, 05:21 AM
Am another of those from the UK. I'm up the wilds just outside of Edinburgh, Scotland. No support groups here that I'm aware of either :(