PDA

View Full Version : Great news

ritzbit
07-14-2011, 10:08 AM
So other than feeling like complete crap half the time I am having an awesome week! lol I am literally shaking right now with excitement like its hard to type lol I have been checking the mail everyday for a week for my AP test results and I got them today! You have to get a 3 or better to get college credit and I got a 4 on my AP Literature test and a 3 on my AP Statistics test!!!! :D :D :D I am SO FREAKING HAPPY lol I only got a 1 on my Spanish test but I knew that going into the class lol Remember how I had to take them during my big flare when I missed all that school???? I totally thought I was going to do terrible but I passed and get college credit for them! I am probably rambling but I am so excited lol Oh and IM GETTING A CAR TONIGHT :D My grandparents are so wonderful they are going to help me get another one with some extra money so I can get a good one. There is a really nice 98 Pontiac Grand Am right up the street in amazing condition and tonight it will be MINE lol Im so giddy I apologize for the unneeded exclamation points, CAPS, and lol's HA ;D

tgal
07-14-2011, 10:15 AM
yay!!!!! I am so happy for you! I know you had such a hard time but you still pulled it out! Good joy!

ritzbit
07-14-2011, 10:19 AM
Im am oozing excitement right now. I cant believe that I did it! I will go into college already with 25 credits! You only need like 30 I think to be considered a sophomore! Im already more than half way done (credits wise) with my freshman year! WOOO

Nixxie
07-14-2011, 10:21 AM
Brilliant! Well done! x

lovedbyHim
07-14-2011, 10:24 AM
Sooooo Happy for you Ritz you little SMARTIE PANTS! Oh I hope you get a fine car! Have fun!

Kayla's Mom
07-14-2011, 11:42 AM
Yay!! Good job :)

ritzbit
07-14-2011, 12:27 PM
Thanks you guys =) My day is just going awesome so far I am so happy. We're going to go drop off stuff for college to officially enroll and then Im putting all my grad money in the bank then tonight we're going to get the car paid for :D Im on cloud nine.

ruziska
07-14-2011, 12:53 PM
Congrats kiddo! How about some pics of that hot car of yours? Show it off!

running girl
07-14-2011, 01:16 PM
As a "not so newbie" I'm peking away at all of bits on info on this site, and this post is by far my favorite, so far.

It tells me that life goes on and, somehow, these types of celebrations are that much more special. Enjoy your special day and thanks for sharing.

ritzbit
07-14-2011, 02:23 PM
I will definitely put up a picture some time soon =) This is much more special. Im sure all my friends who passed are excited too put I went through hell during the time these tests were going on and its a miracle that I actually passed them. A few crappy things have happened today but I refuse to let it get to me, not today anyway today is to good to ruin lol

Nonna
07-14-2011, 04:23 PM
Just wanted to add my congratulations with big hugs! Grand Ams are my favorite car, watch out for me coming to get it- tee hee ;-)

Peridot20_Gem
07-14-2011, 04:48 PM
Oh Ritz, a large "CONGRATULATIONS MATE" you went through loads with the lupus and trying to study but you got there.

Brilliant achievement mate (Thumbs up) xxx

ritzbit
07-14-2011, 06:01 PM
Been a good day =) We went and talked the price out tonight and tomorrow I get to bring my new car home! So excited. Im in such a good mood. And I sent in my papers for enrollment today so I am officially going to NKU next year. Better than nothing!

Manderson
07-14-2011, 06:58 PM
And you got the car! It's just better and better for you.....congrats!

steve.b
07-14-2011, 08:13 PM
Im am oozing excitement right now.

i love a happy story

yours is definetelly happy.

ritzbit
07-15-2011, 08:31 AM
My new car is now sitting infront of my house :D yay

steve.b
07-15-2011, 08:35 AM
lucky you...
enjoy it

ritzbit
07-15-2011, 08:49 AM
Side note: the woman I got the car from has raynauds and has been checked for lupus a few times. Its the first time I've met someone outside of the internet other than someone who just had raynauds my aunt knows. I just thought it was weird lol

Gizmo
07-15-2011, 10:00 AM
Ritz, both my daughters took AP classes and exams, so I appreciate how hard it is to get a 3 and especially a 4! And you did it stinkin' sick, absolutely amazing. You rock, kiddo! More than half your freshman credits, too! Hang on to this feeling and pull that memory out when things get tough in school again. You can do amazing things, Ritz!

debbie-b
07-15-2011, 12:28 PM
Oh wow, Ritz.
I can feel your happyness, it is spilling over to me. I am very happy for you.
This post put a big smile on my face.
I can picture you, sitting at your computer, all exited, trying to type faster than your hands will let you.

Debbie

rob
07-15-2011, 01:09 PM
Ritz,

You, young lady, are living proof that excellence and personal achievement, as well as Lupus, can indeed exist in the same body. I have watched you change from an unsure, and sometimes frustrated kid, to a mature, and strong young woman in your time here.

Am I surprised that you aced your tests? Nope. Am I proud of you? You bet I am.

Congrats!

Rob

ritzbit
07-15-2011, 01:47 PM
I can picture you, sitting at your computer, all exited, trying to type faster than your hands will let you.

That was definitely me while I was typing this yesterday lol

You guys make me feel awesome :D Thanks for being my cheerleaders when I need you lol as you can see it ends up with me doing amazing on tests and such ;D

magistramarla
07-15-2011, 04:06 PM
Hey Ritz,
Congratulations, girl!! You are smart, and you really knew your stuff, so that's why you did well on those tests, even though you weren't feeling well.
I've administered the Spanish AP tests, and I know how hard it was even for native speakers to get above a 1, so don't worry about that one.
Are you going to take more Spanish in college? May I humbly suggest, especially if you are going into any medical or science-oriented field, take Latin if it is offered.
Latin and Greek really help with medical and science terminology.

Enjoy your cool new car, and be careful!
You are going to love college!
Hugs,
Marla

ritzbit
07-15-2011, 07:54 PM
As goofy as it sounds I really want to learn Italian, which isn't completely different from Spanish theres a lot of similarities. I really want to travel Italy one day. Though learning Greek would be neat too. My boyfriends family is Greek. His grandpa has lived here almost his whole life even though he grew up in Greece and he still has the thickest accent lol I could finally understand him if I could actually speak Greek! lol Me and my cool new car went and got ice cream today. Is it sad that most of the driving I do is to go get food? lol I love my new freedom to get ice cream as I please ;)

steve.b
07-15-2011, 08:25 PM
I love my new freedom to get ice cream as I please ;)

the simple pleasures are always the best!!!

magistramarla
07-16-2011, 02:19 PM
As goofy as it sounds I really want to learn Italian, which isn't completely different from Spanish theres a lot of similarities. I really want to travel Italy one day. Though learning Greek would be neat too. My boyfriends family is Greek. His grandpa has lived here almost his whole life even though he grew up in Greece and he still has the thickest accent lol I could finally understand him if I could actually speak Greek! lol Me and my cool new car went and got ice cream today. Is it sad that most of the driving I do is to go get food? lol I love my new freedom to get ice cream as I please ;)

Ritz,
Go for it! I want to learn Italian, too. We really want to travel there to see the Colosseum and Pompeii.
We've traveled in Greece, and it was breathtaking! Even though the Greek that Jeff and I learned was ancient Greek, we found that we could easily read signs and menus - mainly, the pronunciation has changed over the centuries. People there smiled at us because of our funny Greek accents - LOL.
When I learn Italian, I'm sure that I'll try to pronounce words like an ancient Roman, so I'll be laughed at there, too.
That's the fun thing about traveling - you get to encounter other cultures head-on.
Hugs and happy adventures,
Marla

ritzbit
07-16-2011, 05:36 PM
I think Italy is so beautiful. I want to go to Tuscany and Florence and Venice. Just to name a few lol Once I have time in my life like 20 years from now I'll make it happen lol Im afraid I'd try to stay there lol

Elo
07-16-2011, 07:19 PM
YAYY!!!!
Belated congratulations to you!! :D That's so amazing that you've achieved so much while facing so many obstacles.
GO YOU!!!!

Have you decided if you're going to stay in the dorms or at home or something else?
Either way you're going to do great!

ritzbit
07-16-2011, 07:22 PM
Before I let my family know I had decided to go there me and my boyfriend had talked about moving in together but now we're not sure how my family would feel about it and dont want to make anyone mad. So for now my plan is to stay home at my parents house because its so close to campus and will save me alot of money. My orientation is the 28-29 of this month =)

magistramarla
07-16-2011, 09:34 PM
I did the commuting thing for the first year, and it was tough. Then I moved in with my boyfriend (now my hubby) and it made my college experience so much better!
You really experience a lot when you live on campus that you would miss by commuting. I managed to get a grant that paid for my dorm costs.
We encouraged our kids to move away for college. It's a nice, safe place to practice those independence skills that you need to learn.
Enjoy the next four years!
Hugs,
Marla

Gizmo
07-17-2011, 03:40 AM

My (healthy) older daughter just graduated with her bachelors. She took German in college - which I thought was pretty useless, even though I love the language and took that and Latin myself. Anyhoo, she ended up getting a Fulbright scholarship to study and do research in Germany - without those 3 years of German in college she wouldn't have been able to take advantage of that. So take the language(s) you love, even if it doesn't seem to make sense. We make our own opportunities with the choices we make.

I personally think that living with your parents your first year is a good option. If we lived 15 minutes from a university, my (sick) younger daughter would be able to attend at least part time, and that would literally be life changing for her. My older daughter lived on campus her first year, in a private room (due to a life threatening peanut allergy), and was very isolated. If living at home had been an option, I think her freshman year would have been a less lonely experience. She and her boyfriend got an apartment together her second year and that was a very good thing for them - they are getting married on Friday! We wouldn't have been supportive of her doing that her first (or probably even second) year of college if we lived in commuting distance of college, however. That would be partly financial and partly because living with your boyfriend creates a whole different set of stresses and pressures. I think if you show your family that you can handle college physically and academically, they will be more supportive of you living away from them in a year or two.

If you get involved in university sponsored clubs and organizations, you will make some great friends (who probably also live off campus). I'll tell you a secret... the African American, Asian Pacific, Native American, Hispanic etc... student unions are very friendly places that organize lots of activities. You can be caucasian and join. It looks good on scholarship applications and resume's and those kids seem to develop strong friendships. If you have the energy for a job, look for one on campus where you can meet other students. Join clubs in your major, join study groups, take advantage of study centers and I bet you will meet more people with similar interests than you would in the dorms. I am so excited for you!!

ritzbit
07-27-2011, 11:38 AM
So guess who just found out she's paying next to nothing for college woot woot :D THIS GIRL RIGHT HERE! Northern is giving me my Pell Grant, which helps A LOT even though its just $555 because now I dont have to pull another 500 out of my butt lol YAY and my orientation is tomorrow so I'll now by Saturday what classes Im taking. Im starting to get excited. =)

Linda From Australia
07-27-2011, 11:58 AM
This sounds WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!
Please let us all know what classes you are taking

tgal
07-27-2011, 12:31 PM
OMG That is wonderful!!! I am so very happy for you! That will be such a relief for you. It will make your college years go so much more smoothly!

Gizmo
07-27-2011, 02:19 PM
Congratulations! Fantastic news!

Elo
07-27-2011, 03:08 PM
Yayyyy!!! That's awesome!!

n.mac
07-27-2011, 03:26 PM
Congratulations-Education is so important.

I got sidetracked when I was your age( I had my first 2 kids by the time I was 20) and never made it back and always regretted it!

I'm glad to see the pellgrant program is surviving our poor economy.

mdawncooper
07-27-2011, 04:34 PM
Congratulations! I administer the AP tests at our school so I know the stress and hard work that goes into these. Way to go!

Melanie

magistramarla
07-27-2011, 09:29 PM
Ritz,
Good for you, girl! Make good use of those grants and scholarships and get the best education that you can. If you have a fantastic GPA as an undergrad, schools will come looking for you and will offer to pay you for doing graduate work at their schools.
Good luck, and have fun!
Hugs,
Marla

ritzbit
07-29-2011, 01:27 PM
Orientation was a let down =( Didnt get any classes I want or really need and cant take anything for my major yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =( Or Italian. Ugh. And I was literally on my feet all day yesterday and my feet are swollen like crazy. I hope I get back to normal soon.

lovedbyHim
07-29-2011, 05:13 PM
So guess who just found out she's paying next to nothing for college woot woot :D THIS GIRL RIGHT HERE! Northern is giving me my Pell Grant, which helps A LOT even though its just $555 because now I dont have to pull another 500 out of my butt lol YAY and my orientation is tomorrow so I'll now by Saturday what classes Im taking. Im starting to get excited. =)

Oh I remember the day I found out I received a pell grant. It was so wonderful! I'm so happy for you. You will inspire so many who think they can't go to school while having lupus. I'm so proud of you!