PDA

View Full Version : Shocked...

giggle
07-14-2011, 12:48 AM
Watching TV with my little girl snuggled up next to me... an ad comes on TV for flu medicine.

She turns to me and says "Maybe that will help you mummy?"
me "No sweety, thats for flu, its not... strong enough... for what I have"
she says "It wont make your lupus better?" (wow, didnt even know she knew what it was called)
me "Nope"
she says "but how do you know?"
me..*thinking how the hell do i get out of this the simplest and easiest way?* "Um, the doctor said so"
Then I groan and say "Lets go get ready to go out to <the inlaws place>"
She says "Don't you want to go out tonight?"
Me..."No its not that, Im just very sick today"
She says "Is that why you keep shaking?"

I was completely shocked... I hadn't realised I had the tremor just then or that she had noticed. I feel terrible that my little girl has to witness this... and is thinking about how she can cure her mummy. I am also shocked... that if a 6yo can notice my tremor, can everyone? Why couldnt the doctor?

lovedbyHim
07-14-2011, 02:17 AM
My heart is heavy as I read this.

Yesterday I received a call with my granddaughter's other Grammy asking how I was, because my granddaughter was sad and said I was very sick. I called my granddaughter to let her know I was feeling much better lately. Life sure is a lot harder and more complex than I ever imagined it would be.

steve.b
07-14-2011, 02:45 AM
i may be hard for us adults....

but isnt life easy for a 6 year old.

there simple truth is refreshing.

Peridot20_Gem
07-14-2011, 02:49 AM
Hi Giggle,

How touching mate and at 6yrs old it's good in one way how she's taking notice of little signs and will grow up with your condition and also knowing more...she'll except what you have at her age then someone older, so if questions start being asked let your daughter know certain answers incase you don't want certain thing being let out at school meaning no harm, as kids do chat but that's lovely how she's taking notice.

Giggle please don't take this as an insult because it's not towards your daughter but having my nephew around me since a baby then the grandaughter nothing as been hidden and children are like puppies curious and learning.

I actually think that's lovely how she sat and chatted with you and she sounds very forward for her age.

debbie-b
07-14-2011, 03:51 AM
Oh wow, bless her little heart.
It brought tears to my eyes, I can only imagine how you feel.
It is always amazing to me, how kids pick up on things, alot more than we give them credit for.
I would just assure her, that you are going to be ok, once the doctor finds the right meds for you.

Debbie

giggle
07-14-2011, 04:24 AM
they really do have the biggest hearts dont they : )

She told me tonight that she would like to start wearing an eye patch again... she is blind in one eye... legally blind but isnt completely void of vision. Im glad she can communicate about such things now.

BonusMom
07-14-2011, 07:39 AM
Awwwww.....how sweet. The innocence of a young child speaking from the heart. As your children grow they will learn to filter what they say so as to not cause you hurt feelings and stress. Unfortunately, they loose the ability to convet sentiments such as this,

Keep this near your heart and bring it out when you heed a hug. You'll find it brings you comfort on the darkest of days.

Manderson
07-14-2011, 08:45 AM
Kids DO speak straight from the heart; they know of no other way.

tgal
07-14-2011, 08:46 AM
What a wonderful memory you will have. Sounds like a fabulous daughter

Peridot20_Gem
07-14-2011, 05:04 PM
they really do have the biggest hearts dont they : )

She told me tonight that she would like to start wearing an eye patch again... she is blind in one eye... legally blind but isnt completely void of vision. Im glad she can communicate about such things now.Giggle,

It sounds like you have a lovely intelligent little daughter on your hands there and for her age seems to know what she wants and understands things so well. xxx

lizbond36
07-15-2011, 02:25 PM
My kids catch everything for me, and I don't notice it all. Its a amazing what kids can say and do to make this life a littler easier.
Hugs
Liz

Nonna
07-15-2011, 04:32 PM
my grandkids always notice and comment. It always surprises me. all I can say is hugs

magistramarla
07-15-2011, 04:37 PM
Awww,
Little ones are very perceptive. My oldest grandson is quiet about it, but whenever he's around me, he's always quick to hold my hand or offer me his shoulder for support.
The younger one, who was still 5 when we saw him at Christmas is a "wild man" with everyone except me. He kept doing things that got him into trouble with Mommy, Aunties and Uncles. One day, I took him to the grocery store with me just to get him out of the house and out of trouble. Walking across the parking lot, he held tight to my hand and said to me - "Grandma, you always love me no matter what, right?". I hugged him and told him yes, and he was a good and very helpful little boy for me in the store.
They notice when we aren't feeling quite right, and they try so hard to help.
Enjoy them while they are little - they grow into sarcastic teens too quickly!
Hugs,
Marla

giggle
07-15-2011, 05:05 PM
She is going to be the most vain and opinionated teen around. She already forces her opinion on us LOL

Nonna
07-15-2011, 05:14 PM
My grand kids are teens; but they offer to help. They do the teenage thing; but every now and then they let me know how they care by helping me.

debbie-b
07-16-2011, 04:52 AM
Sorry guys, but I have to say this. I MISS MY GRANDCHILDREN SO MUCH. They live in Texas and we live in NY.
I only get to see them once a year. ( crying)
On a happier note, we will see them in October.
My one grandson is always helping me off the couch, he is 9. No matter what he is doing, if he see's me trying to get of this soft sofa, he drops everything and says, " wait Oma, I help you". And my grandaughter, his sister, she is 7, asks me every few minutes, " Oma do you need a drink or something to eat, or do want a candy?" She knows my love for candy.
All these kids are sweethearts, they somehow know, that we need help.

sigh

Debbie

magistramarla
07-16-2011, 02:02 PM
Debbie,
I know the feeling. We live in California. The 12 year old is in Texas; the 6 year old is in Colorado and the 18 month old is in Arkansas.
I'll be flying to Denver in early September to see Kayla and Kyle (and the new guy in their lives who is talking about buying Kayla a ring).
We'll be meeting up with the oldest daughter (no kids) in Pasdena on Sept. 24 (Jeff's B-day) when she flies to CalTech for a meeting.
Then, I'll fly out to Arkansas on Sept. 27 to stay two weeks with Meg and little Ryan (Tyler is in Afghanistan). She'll be working with Conner (a gorgeous German Shepherd) and me, and then I'll bring Conner home with me to be my service dog.

It will be great to see all of them. I'm planning to start Skyping with David, the oldest grandson, on a regular basis soon. He wants to learn Latin, which his school doesn't offer. He's asked Grandma to teach him long-distance.
Have you tried Skyping with the grandkids? We had a fun time waving and giggling with Ryan this morning.
Hugs,
Marla

debbie-b
07-16-2011, 03:07 PM
Hi Marla,

Yes, we do skype, it is better than nothing. But nothing can replace the hugs and kisses.
My oldest daughter lives in Houston with her 5 year old son and 11 year old daughter.
My younger daughter lives in Dallas with her 9 year old son and 7 year old daughter.
My son lives in Wisconsin, no children yet, he is 26 and just got engaged.

Debbie