PDA

View Full Version : First severe groin pain months ago and now foot pain on same side of body?????

Ronnie
07-12-2011, 02:13 PM
First severe groin pain months ago and now foot pain on same side of body????? A couple months ago i woke up with severe pain in my right groin. I couln't move my leg for days. It was horrible. My groin was swollen and lymphnode a little swollen. Did Ultrasound and then CT and there was nothing there. Took pain pills and then eased up. Still hurts sometimes but not as bad. Now my right foot on the outside is killing me. It hurts to walk on it and even hurts when put up. It feels broke. My husband told me to put ice but it made the pain excruciating due to raynauds. then I tried heat and it helped a little. Any ideas on what is causing this?? What is weird is that everything is worse on my right side. My eyesite, my raynauds is worse on that side, and pain is always on that side. I even have ringing in my right ear. Any ideas??

Saysusie
07-12-2011, 02:42 PM
Swollen lymph nodes are not uncommon with Lupus patients. General swelling of lymph nodes throughout your body are usually an indication of an immune disorder, such as lupus or rheumatoid arthritis, or infection (like HIV or mononucleosis). Often, if these are the causes, it may not show up on ultrasound or CT scan (these are used primarily to detect any tumors or cancerous growths which might be causing the swelling).
When ultrasound and CT scans are negative, doctors will often run a lymph node culture in order to determine the cause. A lymph node culture is a laboratory test performed on a lymph node to identify microorganisms (bacteria, viruses, and fungi) that cause infection and lymph node swelling. Did your doctors mention this option to you at all?
Depending on what your doctor suspects is causing your swollen lymph nodes, he or she may request certain blood tests to confirm or exclude the suspected underlying condition. The specific tests will depend on the suspected cause, but most likely will include a complete blood count (CBC). Were any blood tests discussed with you?
With reference to all of your issues being on the right side of your body, I cannot give you any information/ideas about that at all. I do know that Lupus can cause damage to the brain and damage to the left side of the brain will cause issues on the right side of your body (and visa versa). There are also blood test that can be run in order to determine if you are suffering from and Central Nervous System damage due to Lupus or if you are suffering from any vascular or nerve damage due to Lupus.
I wish that I had more or better answers for you. But, these are issues that you should definitely keep after your doctor's about. There is a cause and you deserve to have some answers.
I wish you the very best.

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

Manderson
07-12-2011, 03:51 PM
My right side seems to be more affected than the left. If something is going to go wrong, it's going to go wrong on the right.

tgal
07-12-2011, 04:00 PM
Swollen lymph nodes are not uncommon with Lupus patients. General swelling of lymph nodes throughout your body are usually an indication of an immune disorder, such as lupus or rheumatoid arthritis, or infection (like HIV or mononucleosis). Often, if these are the causes, it may not show up on ultrasound or CT scan (these are used primarily to detect any tumors or cancerous growths which might be causing the swelling).
When ultrasound and CT scans are negative, doctors will often run a lymph node culture in order to determine the cause. A lymph node culture is a laboratory test performed on a lymph node to identify microorganisms (bacteria, viruses, and fungi) that cause infection and lymph node swelling. Did your doctors mention this option to you at all?
Depending on what your doctor suspects is causing your swollen lymph nodes, he or she may request certain blood tests to confirm or exclude the suspected underlying condition. The specific tests will depend on the suspected cause, but most likely will include a complete blood count (CBC). Were any blood tests discussed with you?
With reference to all of your issues being on the right side of your body, I cannot give you any information/ideas about that at all. I do know that Lupus can cause damage to the brain and damage to the left side of the brain will cause issues on the right side of your body (and visa versa). There are also blood test that can be run in order to determine if you are suffering from and Central Nervous System damage due to Lupus or if you are suffering from any vascular or nerve damage due to Lupus.
I wish that I had more or better answers for you. But, these are issues that you should definitely keep after your doctor's about. There is a cause and you deserve to have some answers.
I wish you the very best.

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

I couldn't add anymore to this because it was stated perfectly. Please keep us posted on what is going on. I often wish Lupus was more predictable and that we could say "this is happening because the Lupus is doing (fill in the blank). A lifetime worth of guessing really makes things difficult!

Peridot20_Gem
07-12-2011, 04:18 PM
Hi Ronnie,

Saysusie as stated well on your symptoms and with some condition's it can turn out to be a real guessing game...you should either see your Doctor or Rheumo and if your appointments not due soon they must have someone you can talk with to at least but your mind at ease.

Wishing you all the best Terry xxxx