PDA

View Full Version : was my face red. And my arms, and my legs

ruziska
07-10-2011, 08:07 PM
Hubby and I stopped by a popular box store today. I go there as little as possible for reasons I care not to discuss. Anyhow, we weren't in there 15 minutes and I noticed my arms and legs were bright red, as was my face. I was wearing a t shirt, capris and sandals and what wasn't covered was bright red. I had put on sunscreen earlier in the day and didn't have any problems outside of the store but inside was another story. I looked like people who had to waste time laying in the sun to achieve a "rosy glow". Hubby said the lights were bothering his eyes as well and he's made that comment every time he goes in there which is way more that I ever will. The redness faded shortly after leaving. Now I have a medical reason for not patronizing that store! It hasn't happened in any other establishments (with the exception of my own home whenever I used the florescent light next to my chair).
I know CFLs are the now and future of lighting, but in this house, most of our lighting will have to be halogen or LED.

Elo
07-11-2011, 09:14 AM
Now I have a medical reason for not patronizing that store! It hasn't happened in any other establishments (with the exception of my own home whenever I used the florescent light next to my chair).
I know CFLs are the now and future of lighting, but in this house, most of our lighting will have to be halogen or LED.

Teehee - if only we all had legit medical reasons to stay out of places we didn't want to go! I think I'd stay away from the inlaws houses.

Peridot20_Gem
07-11-2011, 02:53 PM
Hubby and I stopped by a popular box store today. I go there as little as possible for reasons I care not to discuss. Anyhow, we weren't in there 15 minutes and I noticed my arms and legs were bright red, as was my face. I was wearing a t shirt, capris and sandals and what wasn't covered was bright red. I had put on sunscreen earlier in the day and didn't have any problems outside of the store but inside was another story. I looked like people who had to waste time laying in the sun to achieve a "rosy glow". Hubby said the lights were bothering his eyes as well and he's made that comment every time he goes in there which is way more that I ever will. The redness faded shortly after leaving. Now I have a medical reason for not patronizing that store! It hasn't happened in any other establishments (with the exception of my own home whenever I used the florescent light next to my chair).
I know CFLs are the now and future of lighting, but in this house, most of our lighting will have to be halogen or LED.Hi Rita,

It sounds like their florescent lights are very powerful and if your hubby feels the same avoid as much as possible mate. xxx