PDA

View Full Version : New to site and deeply need support

fullofgummibears
07-10-2011, 06:48 AM
Hello everyone,

My name is Rita and i am 24 yrs old. I have joined this site because i have been recently diagnosed with lupus and have been going through some hard times lately. aside from my health i feel i need to throw myself with others who actually understand what im going though because i feel everyone around me belittles my feelings and just refuses to understand.

So anyway aside from my depressing feelings i hope this is a lovely and positive website and i hope i meet some nice supportive people!

ruziska
07-10-2011, 07:02 AM
Welcome Rita! I too, am a Rita and I too have lupus and was recently diagnosed after having been misdiagnosed for 15 years. You've come to the right place. WHL is the BEST place in the world to be. Amazing group of people here. Lots of knowledge, information, love and support. Come back often and don't be shy. Ask questions. No questions is too lame or dumb. Laugh with us, cry with us and we'll go on the lupus journey together.

Gizmo
07-10-2011, 08:39 AM
I am so happy you found us, Rita. We laugh, cry, throw things and then pull ourselves back together again and help someone else do the same. If you read through the other posts, you will find you are in good company. There is so much information already in the threads, but folks here are always ready to share their experiences and let you know that you are not going through this alone. Welcome!

lovedbyHim
07-10-2011, 10:22 AM
Hello Rita I know you will be welcomed warmly here. Rita belittling is the last thing you need to get through this life with lupus. I assure you that this will not happen here. This is more like family here. We respect each other, laugh and cry with each other. Sometimes I laugh so hard tears fall down my face. People come along side you on this journey Rita. Welcome to our family, enjoy the company. If you have any trouble navigating the forum everyone helps, just ask. If you hurt speak it in a new thread. I'm so glad you found us. (((hugs)))

Elo
07-10-2011, 11:27 AM
Hello fullofgummibears! I love your name :) Gummibears make my day.
Welcome to the site! I just joined recently because I was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease (but no specifics beside that). I found that my family and the people around me couldn't understand a lot of what I was going through - and some even got mad when I was depressed over finding out that I had AI. Eventually, I came here. And boy, am I glad I did! The people who replied to you weren't lying - this is one amazing and awesome forum to be in. Even just reading other peoples stories made me happy (That sounds horrible), to know that I wasn't the only one.
It's natural to be depressed and angry when you get diagnosed. Heck, even years after people have little spouts.
I'm glad that you found us (: Feel free to send me a private message anytime.
Welcome again!

tgal
07-10-2011, 11:36 AM
I too want to join in the welcome! We are so very glad that you found us. There is nothing quite like being somewhere that people understand how this disease makes you feel. Like you we laugh, cry, vent, scream and share in ways I have never experienced before. Please make yourself at home. Feel free to look through the old threads or start new ones if you want. Once again please know that we are glad to have you as a member of our WHL Family

fullofgummibears
07-10-2011, 11:40 AM
Thank you all so much everyone, all these warm posts really touched me deeply. :) *hugs* thank you all so much

mrstjscott
07-10-2011, 01:36 PM
Rita, welcome to the WHL forum. I am sooooooooooo, sooooooooooo glad I found this group. They have helped me in ways that NOBODY ELSE, and I mean nobody else has ever been able to help. There are very knowledgeable people on this site. They are very understanding to the changes we go through. I really am glad I found them. I know you will be just as glad, if not more, that you found this site, too. Sorry that you have Lupus, but we're glad to have you on WHL.

lacey50
07-10-2011, 03:04 PM
Rita,
Welcome...It is difficult for people who do not have illness or disease to realize what we go through. But, here you will always know that you are with people WHO DO understand and are here to listen and support one another. There's a saying I heard somewhere a long time back that fits WHL..."When you are here you are not alone.""

tgal
07-10-2011, 05:37 PM
Rita, welcome to the WHL forum. I am sooooooooooo, sooooooooooo glad I found this group. They have helped me in ways that NOBODY ELSE, and I mean nobody else has ever been able to help. There are very knowledgeable people on this site. They are very understanding to the changes we go through. I really am glad I found them. I know you will be just as glad, if not more, that you found this site, too. Sorry that you have Lupus, but we're glad to have you on WHL.

Don't sell yourself short. You too are a member of this site and have been so very helpful to others that are here. "The Circle of Lupus". We come here to get help and then help others as needed. Thank you for doing that so well

Peridot20_Gem
07-11-2011, 05:41 PM
Hello Rita,

It's lovely to have you with us and there's so many people out there who don't know the condition never mind understand it, sometimes it's down to pure ignorance with some people.
You've found a terrific site with WHL where everyone is on the same level suffering one way or another but always there to give total support and i do hope the threads help with knowledge of knowing the Disease in general.

It will be nice getting to know you Terry xxxx

CWARD
07-11-2011, 06:30 PM
I am truly new to site trying to figure out how to navigate it...my daughter is 22...diagnosed 4 years ago.....withdrew from college 2x in a flare again kidneys especially involved.....i have it to ......ishe and i relate to the disease but being 22 is different than 51....what i did hear from her was that noone got it meaning her lupus....she felt isolated.....however over time her peers became educted just by being around her they are now very supportive so have hope......

Gizmo
07-11-2011, 07:57 PM
I am truly new to site trying to figure out how to navigate it...my daughter is 22...diagnosed 4 years ago.....withdrew from college 2x in a flare again kidneys especially involved.....i have it to ......ishe and i relate to the disease but being 22 is different than 51....what i did hear from her was that noone got it meaning her lupus....she felt isolated.....however over time her peers became educted just by being around her they are now very supportive so have hope......

Hi CWARD and welcome. You might not get many replies by posting here. Your best bet is to go back and click Forums and then click on the Introduce Yourself Here box. That way you will get your very own thread and the regulars around here will see your message and reply.

I also have a daughter (19 yrs) with autoimmune disease, and a multitude of other stuff. She tried to start college in January but had to drop out because she was too sick. I really understand your fears and anxiety. It's so hard to feel powerless to help your child, especially when they are technically an adult but can't make it on their own. Please keep looking around. There is so much good information here and lots of wise and wonderful people who are very generous with their support. Welcome! I'm very glad you are here.

Saysusie
07-12-2011, 03:10 PM
Hi CWARD:
I responded to you other post, but wanted to pop in here to say "Welcome To Our Family". I am glad to hear that your daughter's peers are becoming more educated about her Lupus and, as a result, she is feeling less isolated. Isolation and loneliness are big stressors for us and it is important that we eliminate as much stress as possible.
It is just as important that you try to keep your stress levels down also. I know how much you must worry about your daughter, and rightfully so..that is your baby girl. But, try to remember to care for yourself also.
I am glad that you are here and we are here to help you whenever you need us :-)

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

Peridot20_Gem
07-16-2011, 02:13 AM
Hello Rita,

How are you feeling today and i hope it's a day less pain free for you...please keep we updated.

Love Terry xxxx

busdrivr
07-16-2011, 08:10 AM
Hello and welcome. I have known about my disease about six months now but I am not adjusting well to it. Rash on scalp, painful joints, excessive weight gain,eyes are driving me nuts at time. Crazy things are happeing.
Stressed is desserts spelled backward.

GeoKasher
07-16-2011, 08:47 AM
Welcome! I was just diagnosed this week and found this forum that very night. There is lots of good information here and it's so nice to know that you're not alone in this!

magistramarla
07-16-2011, 01:48 PM
Hi Rita,
Just adding another welcome to WHL! As everyone else has said, this is the right place to find others who understand what you are going through.
My hubby and adult kids are pretty understanding, but I don't want to always be worrying them with every little thing that's going on with me, or with the latest thing that I've found out. The folks here at WHL are always understanding when I want to vent about symptoms, docs, etc. I love to research, as do several other members, so I always find others here who are interested in what I've found.
We are a wonderful online family!
Hugs,
Marla

Peridot20_Gem
07-24-2011, 03:53 AM
Hello Rita,

Please keep we updated on how you are when possible and i hope your days a less pain free one.

Terry xxx

busdrivr
07-25-2011, 07:32 AM
Hi Rita, Hope your day is going good today, as good as can be expected with Lupus. I take advantage of everyday that I am not in tremendous pain but I always seem to do too much on those days. If I have one good day, then it takes me 3-4 to recover from the rubbery joints and pain. I don't think my hubby understands the pain I go through each day. If I say I hurt he just says, Uh Huh and grunts a little and goes on. I don't think he really wants to face the facts or the future. I try not to depress my children with this either, so all I have is the members here who understand fully what WE are going through. Keep your chin up and the sun at your back.

LupusLady
08-09-2011, 12:38 PM
Hello Rita! I, too am new to this site. I am still trying to figure out how everything is navigated here. I am 25, and was diagnosed with lupus 8 years ago. I still have bouts where I struggle with depression, but it is not all of the time. It is really hard when the people in your life don't understand what you are going thru, and how it affects every part of your being. Some of my family members treat me as if there is nothing wrong with me, and others treat me like I can't do anything for myself. But here, on this site, everyone is amazing! I have just started posting here, but have been doing a lot of reading for the past week, and the conversations between members, is just so very uplifting! There is just something comforting about being in the presence of others that understand you and your illness completely, because they, too are living with the illness. I hope this place helps you as much as it has helped me! Here is a warm welcome from another newbie!

nicolehinkel
08-09-2011, 01:33 PM
Welcome Rita,
Ugh I can't type today. I so know how you feel with being belittled, I have been belittled my whole life and always told the pain I feel is in my mind and was just diagnosed with Lupus recently, so I understand. This is a great group. I know I have vented and everyone has been very supportive and informative. Good luck with your journey.