PDA

View Full Version : Okay, Mr. Sun.....I get it now

Manderson
07-09-2011, 10:37 AM
Yesterday H and I went to an outdoor wedding. I did wear my sunglasses because I seem to be photophobic lately. I wore the "little black dress" with a shawl, but it was beastly hot even at 6:30 PM last night in Chicago. I got through the reception, ate like a pig (can I just say cupcakes instead of wedding cake...nom, nom!!!!) and danced a little. Today my joints are crazy burning.

The sun you think? Or just because I worked a full shift at the clinic and then had the wedding and stayed up late? In another thread of mine, someone (elo maybe?) responded that even a successful trip to a grocery store or feeling pretty good for part of the day is a victory. I believe it now!

tgal
07-09-2011, 10:51 AM
It is so very true! Not only the sun but when we feel better we tend to over-do it and we pay for it after. So next time you go to a wedding get a hat, long sleeves and hose. When people look at you funny just tell them that you were confused and that you were going to the royal wedding!

rob
07-09-2011, 11:40 AM
Hi Manderson,

Have I overdone it on a good day? Have I not been as careful about the sun sometimes, as I should be? Yep, guilty as charged. It's an easy thing for any of us to do. Most of my flare activity is a direct result of the sun, and overexertion. But, even with the SPF one million slopped on, and having my hat and everything else, the sun still gets to me sometimes.

My problem is that when I do feel good, I really feel good. And when I have fun, I really have fun. I'm like an on-off switch. I'm either going forward at warp speed with my hair on fire yelling like a banshee, or I'm holed up in bed feeling like death warmed over having another flare.

Gotta work on the in between part more I guess.

Rob

lovedbyHim
07-09-2011, 01:12 PM
All of the above. Guilty...guilty...guilty. I am entirely too full of life to be sick! I play hard. Endure heat & sun thinking of the fun I will have. Lol. I am learning the hard way the word. PROTECTION ugh!

ruziska
07-09-2011, 01:31 PM
Sun + work + dancing+ staying up late = flare.

Too much of a good thing can be wonderful... until the next day.

Allow me to point out the obvious: lupus sucks!

tgal
07-09-2011, 02:00 PM
Sun + work + dancing+ staying up late = flare.

Too much of a good thing can be wonderful... until the next day.

Allow me to point out the obvious: lupus sucks!

I couldn't have said it better myself!

Manderson
07-09-2011, 05:09 PM
Yup, yup, yup and I did again today. Nah, didn't go to another wedding but I was outside for a few mins looking after some kids in a pool and now......well, you all know what I mean.

Elo
07-09-2011, 05:18 PM
In another thread of mine, someone (elo maybe?) responded that even a successful trip to a grocery store or feeling pretty good for part of the day is a victory. I believe it now!

You know my name!!!! *shiney eyes*
*does victory dance*

Ehem.

Now, where was I... ah, yes. I still believe it's the little victories that keep us sane, hehe - and working a full shift, then going to a wedding and staying up late is definitely a BIG victory! Although it's definitely not fun that you had to feel repercussions for it. :(
Ruziska is right! Lupus (And every other AI disease) Sucks!!

Even if it wasn't the sun, it could have been the heat or even just the exertion. Dancing would probably give you some later joint pain, and heat makes me sick even if there isn't much sun out, so who knows.

MMmmMMMmmmmMMMmm... Cupcakes.....

Manderson
07-09-2011, 05:59 PM
Not only the joint pain but it's also nausea a little bit. Bleh!

Elo - red velvet cupcakes and chocolate peanut butter to name two flavors. And I had one of each!

Elo
07-09-2011, 07:02 PM
Not only the joint pain but it's also nausea a little bit. Bleh!

Elo - red velvet cupcakes and chocolate peanut butter to name two flavors. And I had one of each!

*groans* Thats not fair! Don't tell me that! I'm on a temporary gluten free diet and you're making me want to bake! AND i'm too tired to stand up long enough to bake my box of gluten free chocolate chip cookies!

mmm....chocolate peanutbutter....

Actually, I've been thinking about making these orange cupcakes with orange creme icing...they look really good.

...Man I'm ADD today.

I hope your nausea dissipates soon - and i'm glad you had fun at the wedding - even if it was only the cupcakes, hehe (;

tgal
07-09-2011, 10:40 PM
Mannnn! Ya'll are going to talk about cakes and cupcakes at 1:30 AM???? Evil I say. EVIL LOL

mrstjscott
07-10-2011, 08:08 AM
I was wondering about the nausea bit. Since it's been hot (and we don't have air conditioning), I stay nauseated. It's such a miserable feeling.

Gizmo
07-10-2011, 08:15 AM
I was wondering about the nausea bit. Since it's been hot (and we don't have air conditioning), I stay nauseated. It's such a miserable feeling.

Being queasy is awful! Maybe you need a daily trip to the mall to cool off. Did you get a scooter? I think it was you that had applied and been approved?

mrstjscott
07-10-2011, 01:23 PM
Not yet, Gizmo. Still have to see the physical therapist.

Manderson
07-10-2011, 01:55 PM
Mrs T - yesterday I got nauseaous after being out in the sun for just a little bit looking after the two little ones in the pool. After that I sat in my friend's air conditioned home. Driving home from her house was when I started to feel queasy and a little lightheaded. Not good feeling when you're cruising down the highway at 65 mph. Drat those cupcakes from Friday night!

Peridot20_Gem
07-11-2011, 03:04 PM
Hi Marie,

It sounds like you had a fabulous time but although covered up best you can...the heat and the extra enjoyment as made you suffer and like other member's have stated you pay for it well the next day. xxx

Nonna
07-12-2011, 03:36 AM
Hello all,
Nausea has always been one of the symptoms I get with heat exhaustion. I found that wearing light weight loose flowing clothes helps me. I think that no matter how well you protect yourself from the sun; the heat index can get you- exhaust you and nauseate you. But being with family and friends seems to be worth it, even if we have to pay for it later.

My 2 cents

Gonna go bake some cupcakes

Peridot20_Gem
07-12-2011, 04:07 AM
I'm only having a crack here as it would never be possible for we suffers...but it's like we all need an all in one suit to go around in heat protected.

Manderson
07-12-2011, 03:53 PM
We're on a cupcake crusade :) For my b-day cake tonight, I'm having red velvet cake! Be jealous ;)

Peridot20_Gem
07-12-2011, 04:25 PM
Sorry Marie...i'm more into Jaffa biscuits mate then cakes. lol xxxxx

ENJOY WHILE YOU CAN (Thumbs up)

Elo
07-12-2011, 04:37 PM
We're on a cupcake crusade :) For my b-day cake tonight, I'm having red velvet cake! Be jealous ;)
Done, and done. Also...did you just say it was your birthday????

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Manderson
07-12-2011, 05:59 PM
Tomorrow Elo....we're just celebrating tonight due to my clinic schedule tomorrow.

Elo
07-12-2011, 06:49 PM
It is my firm belief that people should have birthweeks instead of birthdays. One day never works out like you want it to, so having a good work is great.

IE, I don't care if it's not yet your birthday, we should still CELEBRATE!!!

*Throws gigantic cowboy hat on Manderson's head and pops party popper*
AIEEE!! Happy Birthday!!!!!

Manderson
07-12-2011, 06:54 PM
I just ate a BIG piece of cake! burp...

Dunno if pic will come out but this is what my Monday started off like. That's my car at the clinic after part of a tree fell on it after a short violent storm.

steve.b
07-12-2011, 11:07 PM
the picture came out better than the car.
lucky you were not in it.

happy birthday.

Manderson
07-13-2011, 07:30 AM
Thanks Steve; actually car came through with very little damage!

Peridot20_Gem
07-14-2011, 02:21 AM
Nice motor though Marie (thumbs up)