PDA

View Full Version : Oh ain't life grand...another operation due.lol

Peridot20_Gem
07-07-2011, 07:21 AM
Well i went to see the surgeon this morning in ENT Department after seeing him about a year ago about the cyst on my face that came out and printed off the pic's lastnight so he could view them.

He looked through my massive file and clocked the lupus section and asked me about that, told him i have full SLE and then he said also Dicoid Lupus (DLE) and i told him that's another thing the Rheumo as'nt mentioned...he said your going through alot.
(I thought to myself dow i know it)

He looked at the cyst which is developing again and got another day surgeon in who saw the pic's and looked at the cyst and asked if ste was a photographer...i said dow mention it he's got the tripods the lot and he said it needs fetching out before it progresses again so i'm booked in for the 4th of August another operation and the scare will be roughly 5" long down my face...then the surgeon's started chatting about my Lupus and the one who's doing the operation said are you on wulfrin i said no but i was but i'm on Asprin now and after this is sorted i've got the tumour next on the list.

Well all i can say is.... this is getting better by the day, this will be my 4th operation and the way i'm going on Frankenstein will have nothing on me...i'm becoming SCARY MARY by the day. LOL

Manderson
07-07-2011, 07:38 AM
Terry - where is the cyst located on your face? You seem to have more than your fair share and that sucks!

Peridot20_Gem
07-07-2011, 07:44 AM
Hi Marie,

The cyst is by my ear on the left side, if you go to my profile and look at my blogs you'll see some pic's of it coming out because i checked up on these cysts and Lupus can cause them besides so i added a blog on it mate.

slim
07-07-2011, 07:53 AM
Hey Terry ,

Im sorry you have to have another operation,so soon , so lets look at the bright side you will look very distinguished with your scar and of course way more beautiful then frankenstein. You can never be scary mary.. hugs slim

Peridot20_Gem
07-07-2011, 08:03 AM
Slim,

The thread i added mate about how Lupus had aged me now that's scary.lol...refering scares they're all over me off the seizures and my heads like the map of the world, oh i am laughing here mate and it makes a change for me.

steve.b
07-07-2011, 08:04 AM
at least it is one more thing off of your list.

one less thing to worry about.

Peridot20_Gem
07-07-2011, 08:07 AM
Oh Steve,

I am laughing here mate...my sense of humour today is abit sick, i might ask them to put me down while i'm there.

Cheers though steve, your such a dear friend. x

Manderson
07-07-2011, 09:03 AM
Okay looked at the pics on your blog. This is very similar to what I had on my back two summers ago, pretty much right at time all this other weird stuff was starting to happen. Connected?

Is that your dog in the pic? He/she is gorgeous!

Peridot20_Gem
07-07-2011, 09:19 AM
Marie,

If your are Lupus connected and it started around the same time possibly so but you do need them seeing to before they go to the state mine went to in no time because they need to removed the sack lining it's in, if not they keep regrowing back.

Yes that's my baby Bruno in the pic..he's just gone 5yrs old plus i have a super hypo leopard Gecko female called Blaze.lol

lovedbyHim
07-07-2011, 09:28 AM
Okay, because I love ya Terry here is my attempt to make you smile in the midst of this crap!

Yes life is a GRAND PAIN WHERE A PILL CAN'T REACH!
However, if you give me your address I'll come and do a Mary Kay makeover when you get back from surgery. Let's see what is your skin tone and eye color? In trade you can kick the docs butts WHERE A PILL CAN'T REACH for me!

Sorry this is the best I can do while in pain, wishing I was at home with my droid, snuggled in bed!

Peridot20_Gem
07-07-2011, 09:28 AM
Lymph Glands and Lymph Nodes

Terms Lymph Gland and Lymph Node are used interchangeably here and refer to the same thing.

Enlargement of lymph glands is a common medical problem. Patients themselves can easily notice enlarged lymph glands. Enlargement of lymph glands may or may not indicate a serious illness. This pamphlet is intended to increase your knowledge about enlarged lymph nodes in adults and it dose not replace seeing a doctor or obtaining medical opinion from a qualified physician. You must see a doctor if you have any concerns about your health. This pamphlet does not address any issues in pediatric age group.

Our Website, www.tirgan.com. is a great resource to you for understanding of the technical terms that you may encounter here. Remember that you should discuss your medical problems with a physician and this pamphlet is not meant to substitute obtaining professional medical help from your doctor.

M. Hossein Tirgan, MD

Introduction:

Human body has numerous lymph nodes. Some are located under the skin and if enlarged, they can be easily noticed or palpated. Term Palpation means touching and feeling something with our fingers. We notice most of the enlarged nodes by palpation. Other lymph nodes are located inside chest, abdomen and pelvis and are very hard to palpate unless they are extremely large.

Most commonly, an enlarged lymph gland is noticed under the skin. The areas that contain lymph glands and are easily palpable are neck, the area behind the clavicles (collar bone), areas under the arms and groins. Enlarged lymph nodes can also be palpated in the area near the elbow as well.

Sometimes a lump may be palpated under the skin in other areas. Not every palpable lump is a lymph node. The location of lumps, their physical character and consistency and how hey feel under hands help in differentiating them from lymph nodes.

What are the other kinds of lumps that can be palpated under the skin?

There are a few other conditions that present themselves with lumps under the skin such as Lipomas and benign Cysts and nodules. Not every lump is a lymph node. Palpable lymph nodes are limited to the neck, under the arms, groins and rarely in the elbow region.

Lipomas are by far the most common form of lumps under the skin and are due to fatty tissue overgrowth. They are completely benign and cause no harm. They can be palpable everywhere in the body, mostly in the back, chest, abdominal area and arms and legs. They feel very soft, are mobile and may be even flat. Some people have more than one Lipoma and some may even have many Lipomas in various places. Lipomas grow extremely slowly and remain the same size as they have been in the past. They are painless and non-tender.

Cysts are small collection of fluids and may be seen in limited areas in the body. They can be of various sizes and most commonly are soft and can be compressed by the palpating fingers. Some cysts are located under the skin and some are within the thickness of skin itself. If the fluid in the cyst is under pressure, the cyst may feel tense and hard. Cysts are rather uncommon. They can be seen in the breasts or sometimes associated with a joint, referred to as synovial cyst and sometimes in the neck. Cysts can be emptied by inserting a needle inside them. Fluid and material that is removed should be sent for pathological evaluation. Some cysts completely disappear after this procedure.

Cancer Nodules are seen in patients who have advanced stages of cancer. Cancers can also spread to the skin or under the skin and look like a lump. Such lumps grow rather constantly and the overlying skin may be red. Such lumps are hard and may even involve the skin and be immobile. Depending on circumstances, such nodules may need to be biopsied or removed.

How can we determine if a lymph node is cancerous or not?

If the lump is determined to be a lymph node, the next step would be to find and establish the cause for its enlargement. Not every palpable lymph node is cancerous. The following is a clinical guideline that we use in evaluating enlarged lymph nodes. If the node is felt to be suspicious for a cancerous or other important illnesses, it must be further evaluated by performing blood tests, a needle biopsy or surgical removal.

www.tirgan.com/lymphgland.htm

Manderson
07-07-2011, 09:29 AM
Terry - that whole summer I was going in to the doc to have the cyst drained. Finally I was refered to surgeon to have it taken out and on the way home from that appt is when I got the call that my dad was doing badly and betw all the traveling back and forth to Florida and whatnot, I just never followed up with surgeon. It's still back there but it's the same as it was two years ago - no growth.

Bruno is gorgeous. We have two cats (in the pic) - Bowin on the left and Justy on the right.

Peridot20_Gem
07-07-2011, 09:33 AM
Okay, because I love ya Terry here is my attempt to make you smile in the midst of this crap!

Yes life is a GRAND PAIN WHERE A PILL CAN'T REACH!
However, if you give me your address I'll come and do a Mary Kay makeover when you get back from surgery. Let's see what is your skin tone and eye color? In trade you can kick the docs butts WHERE A PILL CAN'T REACH for me!

Sorry this is the best I can do while in pain, wishing I was at home with my droid, snuggled in bed!Oh Bless you Tammy,

Christ to make me face up mate would cost more money than it's worth...well my skin tone is brown and my eyes are green which turn brown during the day, weird ah.

I thought you was'nt working today...the state your in Tam you should be bloody resting for christ woman.

All my heart goes out to you mate the way you are. xoxoxoxox

Peridot20_Gem
07-07-2011, 09:42 AM
Terry - that whole summer I was going in to the doc to have the cyst drained. Finally I was refered to surgeon to have it taken out and on the way home from that appt is when I got the call that my dad was doing badly and betw all the traveling back and forth to Florida and whatnot, I just never followed up with surgeon. It's still back there but it's the same as it was two years ago - no growth.

Bruno is gorgeous. We have two cats (in the pic) - Bowin on the left and Justy on the right.Marie, alot of doctor's drain them it's only like mine coming out on it's own but they re-grow back unless it's proper surgery and the sack is removed they cut it awy from the skin.
I've had this by my ear since i was about 14 and since the lupus started going mad, that's when the growth got bigger..so please keep an eye on it.

Your cats are a gorgeous colour, i had a black and white one with my first staff and later down the line i was feeding 4 strays and a pure black stray i called Lucky she was beautiful i just adore them and you get some great laughs at times. xxx

tgal
07-07-2011, 09:46 AM
Hope that everything goes well and you get to feeling better soon

chikititalinda
07-07-2011, 01:23 PM
Oh girl what can I say, other than sending good healing vibes and soft hugs your way.

craftkeeper
07-07-2011, 03:26 PM
Hi Terry i'm so sorry you have to have another surgery. My husband has to deal with alot of this type of cyst. He's had four taken from his back and just recently he had one come up under his armpit which had us worried, but he refused to go to the doctor and it did come out on it's own. We are just waiting to see if it comes back. We watch him pretty close because he had a Melanoma taken from his shoulder last year.

Aug 4th is my oldest daughter Dana's birthday so i say that's a good omen for you.[Plus i'll be doing alot of praying that you are comfortable through it all.]. As far as scaring, i know that there are supposed to be some fairly good creams sold across counter that is supposed to control it somewhat. Plus vitamin E oil helped alot with some things i had done. I think everyone's skin is different when it comes to scarring. I've had five surgeries but only one on my face and that was for a broken nose so it was on the inside,so no visible scars. I know your not looking forward to it but i'm wishing you the best.

magistramarla
07-07-2011, 04:52 PM
Hi Terry,
Hey girl, you're not Scary Mary at all!
I've had three cysts removed over the years - it isn't bad at all. I've had one on each wrist. The worst one was in "the female area". My dear hubby got to watch that removal and stitch-up and I would have hit him if I could have reached him for his smart-aleck comments!

I've read that swollen lymph glands is very common with Sjogren's. You might want to do a little research on that, mate.
I'll be thinking about you, my dear.
Hugs,
Marla

lovedbyHim
07-07-2011, 06:00 PM
Well I have given it some thought. You will need a #4 foundation. I believe to widen the eyes a beige. On top of that green shadow to bring out your eyes, a dark brown eyeliner and dark brown mascara.

Terry, When Mary Kay was about Ummm.....150 yrs old I think (grin) noone could tell because of het amazing makeover. It's all about illusion girl. Really! I'm 98! That makeup is simply amazing! (wink wink)

bunny28
07-07-2011, 06:05 PM
Sorry that you have to have another surgery Terry! You sure have been having a rough go of things lately. Take care.

Elo
07-07-2011, 07:48 PM
Oh my... that sounds like so much fun!
Seriously though - That SUCKS! I'm sorry you have to go through that, on top of everything else.

On the bright side, depending on how big/where the scar is, (if you have one) you can frighten little children by telling them that you were attacked by a shark. Ooh, or the boogieman!
And you can tell people you don't like that you got it in a bar fight with a 300 lb, heavily muscled biker.
They wouldn't mess with you then!

Sorry, sorry, feel free to tell me to shut up.

Thinking of you and hoping things start looking up instead of being so crappy and hard to deal with. Blessings (:

Gizmo
07-07-2011, 08:04 PM
Terry, you'll have to start thinking of yourself as a warrior and NOT as Frankenstein. Warriors brag about their scars because they show how strong and brave they are. Maybe you should add a tattoo or two (maybe a wolf and a butterfly) to show the world just how much you have conquered.

Saysusie
07-07-2011, 11:57 PM
It just seems as if it is one thing after another....poor thing. Now you talk about your cysts that need to be removed and you say you researched and found that cysts occur with SLE?? Now, this is good news (well, not for those who suffer from it. But it explains a lot for me..My mother got cysts chronically: on her cheeks, by her ears, under her breasts, under her arms. Like you said, each removal was an outpatient surgery because all of the sacs had to also be removed. No, knowing that Cysts can occur with SLE, and knowing that genetics are inolved with SLE, it is quite possible that my mother was suffering from SLE or some other auto-immune disorder and just did not know it, or hr doctors did not believe that Lupus was a disease at that tine!
I am glad that your doctors recognize yours, that they are going to remove them properly and hopefully you will be free of this for a very, very long time!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

lovedbyHim
07-08-2011, 12:47 AM
Terry, you'll have to start thinking of yourself as a warrior and NOT as Frankenstein. Warriors brag about their scars because they show how strong and brave they are. Maybe you should add a tattoo or two (maybe a wolf and a butterfly) to show the world just how much you have conquered.

Gosh I love this concept! Indeed Terry! It seems lately so many people are fighting so many things. I never said, "This is getting old" so often. Terry you are a great fighter! With surgeries, seizures, pain, weakness, etc. & then you help us all day and night. That's a warrier and a leader. Many of us get lost in the pain and fatigue. We don't even know where to turn. But there you are with your info and great UK humor! I'm truly blessed to know you dear! Xxo Tammy

P.S .I really was a Mary Kay representative...(giggle)

Nonna
07-08-2011, 03:12 AM
Teri, I like Gizmo's thought; I see you as a grizzled s arred warrior, fighting the good fight against all SLE crysts. Tammy's idea about a makeover is fantastic. Get your hair done too! Buy a new dress.

Redo yourself for an emotional lift it helps. Wow, I just talked myself into one. Wooo whooo we should all do it.

All kidding aside, I'll be thinking about you and sending good thoughts your way
Hugs,
Toni

Peridot20_Gem
07-08-2011, 06:09 AM
Hello all my dear friends & you have been dear to me and close.

I'm just letting you all know.... so no one wonders why i'm not on, i've asked Saysusie to cancel my registration through personal issues.

I wish you all the very best concerning your issues with Lupus besides other issues which arise and those who are still waiting to see what their blood shows all the very best for the future.

BLESS YOU ALL FOR BEING SO UNDERSTANDING AND CONCERNED WITH MY ISSUES WITH lUPUS

(((Large Hugs & kisses to you all))) Terry xoxoxoxoxoox

lovedbyHim
07-08-2011, 08:24 AM
Hello all my dear friends & you have been dear to me and close.

I'm just letting you all know.... so no one wonders why i'm not on, i've asked Saysusie to cancel my registration through personal issues.

I wish you all the very best concerning your issues with Lupus besides other issues which arise and those who are still waiting to see what their blood shows all the very best for the future.

BLESS YOU ALL FOR BEING SO UNDERSTANDING AND CONCERNED WITH MY ISSUES WITH lUPUS

(((Large Hugs & kisses to you all))) Terry xoxoxoxoxoox

Terry I don't know what to say except thank you for giving me hours of laughter when I have been at my sickest. I will never forget all the encouragement you have given me.
You have been a light in my day. Bless you on the journey you are going on. You will leave quite a big spot in this forum. I pray you surgery goes beautifully dear. (((GREAT BIG HUG)))

Gizmo
07-08-2011, 10:56 AM
Wow, Terry, I can't imagine this site without your humor and caring. I will miss you and hope for only the best for you.

Saysusie
07-09-2011, 07:28 AM
Terry;
We are all so sorry to see you go as you have truly been an inspiration to many here. Your humor, kindness, and willingness to always help has been a wonderful example of what WHL is all about.
We, your family here, will miss you terribly and hope that someday you are able to find your way back. In the meantime, I hope that you are surrounded by joy, that wellness visits you often, and that you always find peace and blessings!

Namaste
Saysusie

Peridot20_Gem
07-11-2011, 05:11 PM
Well I'm back 3rd time around and i'm stopping i love you guys that much it's unbelieveable and when thinks have been down there's always been somone to make me laugh.

I give full credit to my hubby on chatting to me and also making me realize what i could have given up...so much love and support.

I just love you all and thank you so much for your lovely friendship, it goes a long way. xxxxxxxxx

Elo
07-11-2011, 06:40 PM
I think we can all join together in a wholehearted WELCOME BACK!!!!!

steve.b
07-11-2011, 08:17 PM
hi friend

lovedbyHim
07-12-2011, 12:06 AM
Hey here is a posted I AM SOOOO GLAD YOU ARE BACK message my dear friend! I have missed you much! Now don't do that to me again! Sheesh! It's all about me you know Terry! :) :) :)

Peridot20_Gem
07-12-2011, 03:20 AM
Thank you so much Elo, steve, and Tammy and don't worry Tammy it won't happen again and i'm here to give you all the support i can as your going through such a rough ride like myself.

Hugs Terry xxx

Nonna
07-12-2011, 03:47 AM
Teri

(((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))))

I hope you have realized that you are important to us. I get my moments too, where I think I'm done - but this place is so comforting. I can't left go.

Hugs big time
Toni

Peridot20_Gem
07-12-2011, 03:54 AM
Hi Toni,

Hugszzzzzzz to you also mate..the only way in which i'd leave now is if i needed a mental asylum but your right i've been with you all since last August and although we're all miles away and never met, we're all so close and you don't get that everyday of the week.

Love to you as always Terry xxxxxxxx

craftkeeper
07-12-2011, 12:45 PM
Girl, i am so glad you are back. I can't imagine not reading your posts. Honestly, you have cheered me up so many times you can't even imagine.

Peridot20_Gem
07-12-2011, 01:15 PM
Girl, i am so glad you are back. I can't imagine not reading your posts. Honestly, you have cheered me up so many times you can't even imagine.Ado mate,

I needed a good break and it's done it for me besides a good hear basing off the hubby (wink) he would'nt dare think of doing it.lol

I've cheered you up...christ my face as nearly cracked with your comments your one brill character. xxxxx