PDA

View Full Version : Biotin users question please

craftkeeper
06-29-2011, 03:23 AM
My Rheumys visit week before last went well. Love that guy, but sometimes he's a little hard to keep up with. He told me to start taking Biotin and B12 for hair loss. The bottle says one can take from one to five pills a day. Not very good instructions is it? Anyway i was wondering because i think i read in a previous thread where someone was using this treatment[Tammy?] and thought you could share how much was successful for you? I know there are alot of foams and creams that you can buy but i would be afraid to try any due to sometimes having sores and blisters on my scalp

lovedbyHim
06-29-2011, 03:38 AM
Hi craftkeeper, its me. I take 5 mg a day. I hope this helps. I too blister on my scalp from everything. Neem shampoo from health food store stopped blisters and itching quite a bit. It makes hair very shiny too. Too much sun and stress makes my hair fall out badly. Good luck dear.

Peridot20_Gem
06-29-2011, 07:23 AM
Tammy it's a good job you've helped craftkeeper out because she's gone completley when she see's the Rheumo going through photo albums besides her hair being touched up.lol

Yes she needs good luck Tammy... have you come back to earth from cloud nine after your visit. (wink) lol

craftkeeper
06-29-2011, 10:33 AM
You just wait Terry,by christmas my hair will look so good that Rheumy will propose to me.LOL. If not i have a whole closet full of Halloween wigs. Goth Grandma!

lovedbyHim
06-29-2011, 10:54 AM
You tell her craftkeeper! Terry's on a roll today. Wait till you see what that stuff does for ya! Yoll be growin hair 6 " long on your arms and legs and everthin! Up here in the hills folks just love what its done fer me! my man's especially happy with the ARM hairs. So you hold yer head up high with that hair growth darlin!

craftkeeper
06-29-2011, 11:09 AM
Ha Ha Ha . See the Good Lord put us all together so we could get a good laugh through all of this junk. My husband is following me around asking for some of my Biotin pills for his missing leg hair. HAHAHA

Peridot20_Gem
06-29-2011, 11:25 AM
You just wait Terry,by christmas my hair will look so good that Rheumy will propose to me.LOL. If not i have a whole closet full of Halloween wigs. Goth Grandma!The only way he'll propose is if Tammy sends her excellent wig through the post (wink) as he may be into blondes and when he's touching yours he's feeling full blown silk.

I might get somewhere if i alter my mush and start chatting kindly to my rheumo.

lovedbyHim
06-29-2011, 12:13 PM
Well why do you think my boyfriend just asked me to marry him? It's the B-I-O-T-I-N!

magistramarla
06-29-2011, 02:18 PM
LOL You girls are too funny!

Peridot20_Gem
06-29-2011, 05:34 PM
Well why do you think my boyfriend just asked me to marry him? It's the B-I-O-T-I-N!

Well it ah Biotin with me... my hairs as thick as anything good job the way it comes out, went to the hairdressers yesterday and had the full blown job and she said i could do with losing some NICE ONE ah girls.

Craftkeeper send me your address and i'll post some on while your waiting for the biotin to work and i'm sure Tammy can spare some...just bung it all together and dye it ready mate.lol

Peridot20_Gem
06-29-2011, 05:36 PM
LOL You girls are too funny! Marla you need a good laugh mate...or you mays well cark it. lol

Peridot20_Gem
06-29-2011, 05:37 PM

Tammy your as bad as as craftkeeper having your hair played with...put the poor chap out of his missery.

Peridot20_Gem
06-29-2011, 05:42 PM
Ha Ha Ha . See the Good Lord put us all together so we could get a good laugh through all of this junk. My husband is following me around asking for some of my Biotin pills for his missing leg hair. HAHAHAThe poor blokes only asking for your biotin as you've been at his legs and patching your head in the meantime...it just ah good enough robbing your husband and thinking of number one...he does have appearences he does like to keep up for ya. lol

lovedbyHim
06-29-2011, 06:03 PM
Hey desperate people do desperate things. But now they have B-I-O-T-I-N! No need to rob the hair off your man's legs! Use biotin! The best thing since sliced bread!

Peridot20_Gem
06-29-2011, 06:07 PM
Hey desperate people do desperate things. But now they have B-I-O-T-I-N! No need to rob the hair off your man's legs! Use biotin! The best thing since sliced bread!Well Tammy i must sympathize with our craftkeeper because a womans appearence stands for alot but to be robbing your hubby of his own hair now that's below the belt.

lovedbyHim
06-29-2011, 06:22 PM
Ahahahahaha....literally!

steve.b
06-29-2011, 06:46 PM
tammy, and here i was thinking it was the licorice.

lovedbyHim
06-29-2011, 07:01 PM
I've been told black licorice will grow hair on the chest, so I only eat the red! Now red food coloring is made from petroleum, did ya know? Now if you eat enough petroleum it seems anything is possible Steve! You're a health conscious guy, what say you? Eat black or red licorice? Red constipation...black hair on chest. I'm in trouble either way!

Peridot20_Gem
06-30-2011, 05:18 AM
Well craftkeeper's head wore with it when she did this thread...it should have been named Biotin and bowel trouble.lol xxxx

Corella
07-02-2011, 08:44 PM
When my husband was on warfarin, he was advised to take Biotin as his hair started getting thin and dry - that was two years ago and he takes it all the time now and so do I, it makes a huge difference on the hair and nails, they grow so quickly. Although my hair is looking pretty crap at the moment and that makes me want to cry but I take biotin and omega fish oils and I think that does help an awful lot.

lovedbyHim
07-02-2011, 08:55 PM
Now see you all thought I was just joshin ya! Her is a true testimony as to the positive effect biotin has on hair. Thank you Corella for this testament.

Do we have any others who can attest to this wonderful hair producing supplement?

Corella
07-02-2011, 09:05 PM
Now see you all thought I was just joshin ya! Her is a true testimony as to the positive effect biotin has on hair. Thank you Corella for this testament.

Do we have any others who can attest to this wonderful hair producing supplement?

I should take a photo of my husbands hair - it needs cutting every 4 weeks otherwise it looks like a mushroom - (dont tell him I said that), it sort of 'bouffs' out and gets out of control.

Thank you Biotin.

lovedbyHim
07-02-2011, 09:14 PM
Ahahaha....you are killing me here! Yes do take a picture of his hair!

craftkeeper
07-03-2011, 04:08 AM
Well i have only heard positive things about Biotin, so i'm taking the max dose and keeping my fingers crossed. I went to the hairdresser Friday and asked her to cut my hair into something cute and short and she talked me out of it. This was a first i have to say. They usually do whatever, but she said she thought i would regret it when i did it and that i should giv the Biotin a chance first. She did cut heavier bangs into the front and layered it so it would give the illusion of more hair. So i'm just going to try to be patient. My nails have always been fragile so maybe they will strengthen to.

lovedbyHim
07-03-2011, 04:36 AM
Hello craftkeeper! Good for you! Cutting bangs and layers does help. That is why I have bangs now! My nails are much better as well. Are you taking the B vitamins as well? I sure do hope it helps. Do you have flair under control presently? Between the UV, flairs, steroids, hoshimotos, etc., I should be bald!

Peridot20_Gem
07-03-2011, 09:07 AM

Do we have any others who can attest to this wonderful hair producing supplement?Well i can't attest personally but if your blokes going through it, there's a quick solution shave your head as that's what my hubby does.lol

Peridot20_Gem
07-03-2011, 09:11 AM
Well i have only heard positive things about Biotin, so i'm taking the max dose and keeping my fingers crossed. I went to the hairdresser Friday and asked her to cut my hair into something cute and short and she talked me out of it. This was a first i have to say. They usually do whatever, but she said she thought i would regret it when i did it and that i should giv the Biotin a chance first. She did cut heavier bangs into the front and layered it so it would give the illusion of more hair. So i'm just going to try to be patient. My nails have always been fragile so maybe they will strengthen to.That's it my girl keep positive and let the hairdresser do what she wants, as your paying for it.lol

I really hope it helps and if she's styled it nicely and the biotin does you good and your nails then we're half way to seeing a new woman on the site. (Watch out ladies as we might be showed up)

craftkeeper
07-04-2011, 06:34 AM
Hey folks, sometimes it takes me a minute to get all caught up. Tammy i thought i was through with this flare but it changes by the minute. I've been flaring for about four weeks or more now. I think i'm feeling some better. I felt good enough to get ourside last night with the big family and celebrate a little of the fourth. As a matter of fact, i set my thumb on fire lighting a sparkler for one of the kids. I have a blister that covers my entire knuckle. That sucker kept me up all night.LOL. My husband has now banned me from the fireworks.

lovedbyHim
07-04-2011, 07:36 AM
omgosh that is too funny. Since I have been put on all the meds & I am weakend for some reason, I get where I almost fall up steps often. My BF walks behind me ready catch me. Here is the funny part, he is a little guy and I am 5'9" . Lol If I fell on him I think I'd kill him.

Peridot20_Gem
07-04-2011, 08:27 AM
Hey folks, sometimes it takes me a minute to get all caught up. Tammy i thought i was through with this flare but it changes by the minute. I've been flaring for about four weeks or more now. I think i'm feeling some better. I felt good enough to get ourside last night with the big family and celebrate a little of the fourth. As a matter of fact, i set my thumb on fire lighting a sparkler for one of the kids. I have a blister that covers my entire knuckle. That sucker kept me up all night.LOL. My husband has now banned me from the fireworks.Hello Mate,

I know you have to get your head straight before commenting, so keep on the site more.lol
careftkeeper are you feeling better though with your flare mate?...well i've heard the best set your thumb on fire, oh i'm p'ing myself here you get worse..Tammy she's only after the sympathy lark.lol

I dow blame your hubby if i was him i'd ban ya a few miles away. xxx

craftkeeper
07-04-2011, 08:49 AM
Man it's hard to get a little pity here.LOL

lovedbyHim
07-04-2011, 08:54 AM

Lol I'll listen to ya Darlin! Once the flair lifts, your hair can grow back but... Take that there B-I-O-T-I-N! Does a wonder on yur head!

Peridot20_Gem
07-04-2011, 09:00 AM
Yes it is hard when it's done on purpose for sympathy...don't get trying it when your hair grows back because that's money wasted on the Biotin.