PDA

View Full Version : Still waiting and had MRI

EmAli
06-27-2011, 11:39 AM
So I am still waiting for the ANA results, I know it will be positive because I have had a positive one already. I am still waiting for the appointment with the neurologist and I am going crazy. I don't know what is going on, but I know I have some sort of auto immune problem, may or may not be lupus. Regardless of what it is all autoimmune diseases suck and I wouldn't wish one on my worst enemy. By the way do any of you have experience in looking at an MRI? I am worried about a white area on the to of my brain and one on the coronal image at the bottom right hand side of my brain. I posted the pictures here, I know I have to wait for the doctor and should take anything on the internet with a grain of salt, but I would still love to know.

Gizmo
06-27-2011, 12:05 PM
When did you have the MRI done? You should follow up with them if you don't hear something within a week. In the meantime, I know it's really hard to wait, but you should probably put the images away and try to distract yourself. Only a radiologist or neurologist can interpret these for you, and you will drive yourself crazy guessing. Do you have a rheumatologist appointment coming up?

Peridot20_Gem
06-27-2011, 01:10 PM
Hello Emali,

It sounds like your getting flustrated mate with the waiting around and i'm actually shocked you have x-rays from your MRI but being different country's they must give them you, as here in the UK it's a no go situation.

White area's on the brain are called lesions but you won't know what the lesions are connected to until you've seen your consultant for him to talk to you properly.

Terry xxx

steve.b
06-27-2011, 06:07 PM
as mari says
"dont borrow trouble"

wait to read the report.
my wife had an mri, there was white bits everywhere, and no problem.
do not read into it what may not be there.

tgal
06-27-2011, 06:13 PM
I have to agree with those before me about not borrowing trouble. On top of that none of us are doctors and we are not trained to read MRI's. There are white spots that mean something and there are white spots that don't. Try to relax and, as Gizmo said, call the doctor if you haven't hear anything in a week

BonusMom
06-27-2011, 09:32 PM
I had several white spots on my brain MRI.....they were simply calcifications.

EmAli
06-28-2011, 10:07 AM
Ok, I knew the white spots were something. I have to go back in a few days for an MRI with contrast because they want to rule out MS. Get this, I had to ask about my blood work because the results were never faxed to the neurologist, I hate the girls that work in my doctors office :grumpy: .....anyway the ANA is still positive just like it was 10 years ago.

Peridot20_Gem
06-28-2011, 11:18 AM
Hi EmAli,

It goods your going back for another MRI at least they're covering issues for you and i hope the test is negative for MS.
Refering results and having to ask them, i don't do it with my doctor's they're great it's actually with the hospital it's phone numbers this and fax's besides so your not on your own.

Well at least you know your ANA is still positive, don't look on the down side just wait for the results to come in.

Terry xxx

Saysusie
06-28-2011, 11:42 AM
It is very difficult for us, as laymen, to determine what we are seeing on a MRI scan. As has been mentioned before, the white spots could be something as simple as inflammation due to a compromised immune system (such as Lupus) or due to a virus. It need not mean something terminal, serious, or life threatening. The probabilities are numerous and testing is required to prove or disprove any of the possibilities.
Do let us know what your doctors say and/or the results of your next MRI. I wish you the very best.

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

EmAli
06-29-2011, 01:40 PM
Thanks everyone for being so understanding. I will find out more on the 11th when I go back to my neurologist appointment. I am sure there will be more testing after that because of my blood work, but at least I will eventually find out what is wrong so I can slow down or treat whatever it is. It is just the wait and I am a very impatient person, I am sure you all know the wait....most of you better than I know it.

Peridot20_Gem
06-29-2011, 04:55 PM
Hello EmAli,

Your welcome that's what we're here for to give full ove and support and the 11th will soon come around and try not to worry...you should know on that day what's going on to a certain degree but if furthur tests on bloods etc have to be done it's only because they're making sure.

Wel all know what your going through concerning the waiting came but keeping carm if possible will help you more.

Terry xxx