PDA

View Full Version : Blood clot in leg

missfearless
06-26-2011, 05:29 AM
About a week ago I fell down and had some scraps. I put a plaster but when I removed the plaster, I saw that there was a blood clot there. It is most likely due to my water retention. Will it go away once my water retention go down? Is it something I should be concern about?

My rheumy saw it a few days ago but he didn't say anything about it. Perhaps he thought it was just an injury and not a blood clot. =/

I can't help but feel worried. I don't need additional problems on top of my existing ones. *sigh*

tgal
06-26-2011, 07:34 AM
About a week ago I fell down and had some scraps. I put a plaster but when I removed the plaster, I saw that there was a blood clot there. It is most likely due to my water retention. Will it go away once my water retention go down? Is it something I should be concern about?

My rheumy saw it a few days ago but he didn't say anything about it. Perhaps he thought it was just an injury and not a blood clot. =/

I can't help but feel worried. I don't need additional problems on top of my existing ones. *sigh*

That is most likely just from the injury. The blood clots that you have to worry about are the ones that are deep down in your leg and that can't be seen without special tests. No need to worry about that

missfearless
06-26-2011, 07:36 AM
Oh okay, thank you Mari! That's a relief to know.

That is most likely just from the injury. The blood clots that you have to worry about are the ones that are deep down in your leg and that can't be seen without special tests. No need to worry about that

tgal
06-26-2011, 08:13 AM
You are very welcome. There is a fine line between worrying too much and being aware of what we need to worry about. It takes time to figure that out (time and a lot of information). Feel free to ask questions whenever things like this come up. That is what we are here for!

Peridot20_Gem
06-26-2011, 10:42 AM
Hi Missfearless,

That's from you wound and it will heal slowly, i've had Deep vein thrombosis (clots) all through my leg and you can't see them...the time when you know you have those is your legs or calf swell badly and go severly deep red and the skin goes tight but the pain in the leg itself is so painful and then you have to have your legs scanned before hand to make sure you do have one even when a blood test as been done.

Try not to worry it will heal.

Terry xxx

lovedbyHim
06-26-2011, 11:40 AM
I noticed that when I get a wound now, since being on Plaquinil and nsaids, I get these big dramatic blood filled bruises.

When I got pregnant and gave both I had the superficial clots. At one point I had 12 in my legs. Aspirin, hot soak and elevation of legs is all they did and it worked. I remember they were hot to the touch.

Peridot20_Gem
06-27-2011, 01:46 PM
I have that now if i cut myself or anything the blood goes into a form of a thick clot look, why god knows when i'm taking asprin.