PDA

View Full Version : Long plane rides

missfearless
06-26-2011, 04:58 AM
My mom is really worried for my health on the airplane because I'll be going to USA for vacation in a couple of months time and it will be a VERY long ride. 20+ hrs.

Has anyone here ever encountered problems on board the plane? The doctors say I have a higher risk of getting deep vein thrombosis but I can try to walk often to prevent that.

steve.b
06-26-2011, 05:14 AM
there is another thread that you might like to read

Diagnosed Yesteday-So many questions and so nervous

it is discussing this very issue.
there is already some good advice in that thread.

Peridot20_Gem
06-26-2011, 03:34 PM
Hi Missfearless,

There is an issue concerning DVT and i went on holiday and while on the plane my feet blowed up and it was over a month later i was diagnosed with DVT and they said the flight did'nt help it...all i can suggest is ask your doctor if your able to take a 75mg of sugar coated Asprin daily before you go and while on holiday it will keep your bloods thinned out and to also wear surgical knee length stocking's which you doctor can provide or by from a chemist, they protect you against DVT.

All the best Terry xxx

missfearless
06-26-2011, 06:11 PM
Thank you, I'll do that.

Hi Missfearless,

There is an issue concerning DVT and i went on holiday and while on the plane my feet blowed up and it was over a month later i was diagnosed with DVT and they said the flight did'nt help it...all i can suggest is ask your doctor if your able to take a 75mg of sugar coated Asprin daily before you go and while on holiday it will keep your bloods thinned out and to also wear surgical knee length stocking's which you doctor can provide or by from a chemist, they protect you against DVT.

All the best Terry xxx