PDA

View Full Version : hello

sandramae
06-25-2011, 06:24 PM
My name is Sandy and I just graduated from college. I had a very rocky last semester due to my Lupus and could use lots of support As I decide my next steps. always willing to meet new friends

Sandra mae

tgal
06-25-2011, 06:40 PM
Hi Sandy! I wanted to take a moment to welcome you to WHL. You have found a wonderful group of people and there is always someone around for support. Please make yourself at home and look through the old threads or start new ones if you wish. I look forward to getting to know you and welcome to the WHL family!

Gizmo
06-25-2011, 08:20 PM
Sandramae, wow, there seems to be a rush of college age people on the site all of a sudden! Hopefully you will all connect and share tips for coping with the transition into college and the working world. There are lots of folks here, of all ages, who have wisdom and experience to share.

What are your issues and where are you hoping to go now that you are a college grad (congratulations, by the way!)

tgal
06-25-2011, 08:21 PM
FYI... There is a section for teens and, even though some of the influx of young people are in their 20's it might be a good place for all of you to talk (I promise to do better about staying out of the teen section then I do the men's section! I just forget to check where I am!)

Gizmo
06-25-2011, 08:23 PM
FYI... There is a section for teens and, even though some of the influx of young people are in their 20's it might be a good place for all of you to talk (I promise to do better about staying out of the teen section then I do the men's section! I just forget to check where I am!)

Does the teen section have a moderator, then, if you try to stay away? Not concerned, just curious.

tgal
06-25-2011, 08:30 PM
Does the teen section have a moderator, then, if you try to stay away? Not concerned, just curious.

When I say stay away I mean not post. We all moderate the entire board but the teens don't usually want an old lady jumping in their conversations! The problem is that since I read new threads by going to the "What's New" section I don't see where the post is coming from (because I don't pay attention) and I start posting away. It kind of becomes a problem when I am posting away and I figure out that I am on a thread about ED issues (sorry guys!)

Gizmo
06-25-2011, 08:33 PM
Hmmm, I probably have ventured into the teen section that way, too. I look at "New Posts". Sorry, young-ins, if I have put my big mouth where it didn't belong!

ritzbit
06-25-2011, 08:53 PM
I think I can speak for most of us youngins when I say that we don't mind you guys butting in =P lol its usually useful advice.

Oh and welcome =) Im LOVING more people close to my age on here lol not that I dont love everyone else, but I could use some more people closer to 18!

lovedbyHim
06-25-2011, 09:14 PM
Hi Sandy! I know you will love these folks. Yes there seems to be a lot of young folks with lupus arriving lately. I'm so glad you found us. This is a long rough road and so good to find someone to travel with us!

missfearless
06-25-2011, 10:32 PM
First off, hi Sandy! Nice to meet you! :) Welcome to the forum!

I think I can speak for most of us youngins when I say that we don't mind you guys butting in =P lol its usually useful advice.

Oh and welcome =) Im LOVING more people close to my age on here lol not that I dont love everyone else, but I could use some more people closer to 18!

Hi ritzbit! I'm around your age (quite close actually). Just wondering, when were you diagnosed with lupus?

steve.b
06-25-2011, 11:09 PM
hi sandy, welcome.

ritzbit
06-26-2011, 12:14 PM
Hi ritzbit! I'm around your age (quite close actually). Just wondering, when were you diagnosed with lupus?

I think you missed me on your post lol I was diagnosed 2 years ago, not to long after I turned 16. But Im pretty sure I've had it for much longer.

missfearless
06-26-2011, 06:19 PM
I got around the same age too. Are your school friends aware of your lupus? I used to be very ashamed of it and no one knew for a whole year but now they know all about it.

I think you missed me on your post lol I was diagnosed 2 years ago, not to long after I turned 16. But Im pretty sure I've had it for much longer.

ritzbit
06-26-2011, 06:50 PM
Only my close friends knew when I first found out and then I HAD to start explaining it because I had to start dressing differently, and then I WANTED to share it with everyone to make everyone aware of it the best I could. I know what you mean though. When I first found out and was telling people I would say "lupus" in almost a whisper and couldnt look people in the eye. It felt like a curse word or something and felt foreign every time I said it. Being comfortable with it I think just takes time.

missfearless
06-26-2011, 07:33 PM
Yeah I feel the same way too. Now I just want to tell everyone about it! I want to tell people "hey I've a serious disease like lupus and I am doing the same things you're doing!"

Only my close friends knew when I first found out and then I HAD to start explaining it because I had to start dressing differently, and then I WANTED to share it with everyone to make everyone aware of it the best I could. I know what you mean though. When I first found out and was telling people I would say "lupus" in almost a whisper and couldnt look people in the eye. It felt like a curse word or something and felt foreign every time I said it. Being comfortable with it I think just takes time.

ritzbit
06-26-2011, 07:47 PM
Same here. Or I want to be like I have a serious disease and thats why I cant do everything just like you.

Peridot20_Gem
06-27-2011, 07:18 AM
Hi Sandra,

Welcome to WHL and it's lovely to have you with us but i always think it's terrible to have such young member's going through it.

Hugs Terry xxx