PDA

View Full Version : There are some nice people left

craftkeeper
06-24-2011, 12:35 PM
Today i had to go grocery shopping dragging 3 ten years olds with me. I woke up a three this morning burning up, then chilling and my butterfly rash looks like a severe burn it's so bad. I wasn't feeling my best let's just say. Anyway after paying for my food and wheeling my buggy a half mile with kids in tow i finally made it to my car..

Before i left home i put my armour on. Sunblock,long sleeves and big floppy white hat that i added silk ties to for face cover. While i was putting my things in my truck a gentleman walked over to me and told me my hat was very pretty and i was very attractive in it.. I almost cried. It's funny how some simple kindness can mean so much. Seems like the Good Lord always sends someone right when we need them

Dance in the Rain
06-24-2011, 12:40 PM
How lovely to get a compliment when you are barely making it by! Sometimes I can't believe how daunting a grocery trip can feel.
Cheers,
D

lovedbyHim
06-24-2011, 01:08 PM
That's right dear. I know I could not face this rough journey without my relationship with the Lord. Today someone from my church called about a meeting. I told her I was a mess. She added me to the prayer chain. In a half hour my Rheumy called me with help. We're never alone dear girl. Hey pm me sometime. We can encourage each other in our faith as well. (((hugs))) Tammy

Gizmo
06-24-2011, 02:26 PM
How nice! I don't know about anyone else, but I feel singularly unattractive in my "armor", especially my hat. I have a large head and can't wear the pretty ladies' ones. It would feel great if someone said that to me. I hope you are basking in the glow still.

craftkeeper
06-24-2011, 03:52 PM
I know that having to wear what we do does make alot of us feel unattractive and that people stare, because sometimes they do. My little grandson asked me today why some children were looking at me and i told him they thought i was a movie star incognito.LOL He was pretty happy with that. We would be very fashionable back in Garbo days. But hey, staying out of the sun is becoming more the trend every year.

Even though i look like heck right now i know i am still very blessed in every way and very blessed to have all of my new friends here to talk to, that really understand it all.
I have really great doctors who are really trying to help all the way. but they stiil dont have any idea what this feels like.

Peridot20_Gem
06-24-2011, 04:40 PM
Hi Mate,

Well you moan constantley about your appearence and your doing better than me...Gentlemen folk giving you compliments, christ i only hear them off the four walls around me but that's got to have made your day and boost you, well i know it would me.

It sounded like your trip was quite an handful though but at least you was covered well..i mean it's summer here now i can't go out in the winter all my friends on here are still going out covered well and here's me attempt shade and i'm out in a blister rash, so i'm more or less locked in door what a nice life.

Well at least you've got good doc's supporting you, my rheumo is crap i could say worse he's so annoying stubborn s.d.

steve.b
06-24-2011, 09:03 PM
three ten year olds................... what fun.

that colour is you blushing,, not your butterfly rash.

it must have felt good to get the compliment, you must have deserved it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

missfearless
06-24-2011, 11:00 PM
Yes there're nice people out there! Today my teacher messaged me and we started talking about God and it really seemed like fate that she attended a church I've been wanting to attend. She said she will ask some church members to go to my house to pray for me. It was really nice of her.

Peridot20_Gem
06-25-2011, 03:31 AM
Now that was nice fearless and it's very rare you come across people like that daily and when they visit i hope it goes nicely. xxx

rob
06-25-2011, 05:30 AM
You know, I think women with Lupus are hotties. Seriously, look at the avatar and profile pics of our female members. You ladies are beautiful!

Rob

Peridot20_Gem
06-25-2011, 06:33 AM
You know, I think women with Lupus are hotties. Seriously, look at the avatar and profile pics of our female members. You ladies are beautiful!

RobThank you darling.lol

That's why hardly any of we show our mugs because of we being Lupus hotties...more like scary mary's?????

craftkeeper
06-25-2011, 11:10 AM
Rob, my avatar is a little Devil. Well he's a hottie i guess. This morning i felt well enough to start a clay and cloth dead guy.. That always cheers me up. I will post of pic of him.

lovedbyHim
06-25-2011, 11:13 AM
Perhaps rob has a point here. When I was pregnant and had rosey checks everyone said, you have a beautiful glow about you!" Now we have it all year long! Now aint that nice? Ahahahahaha.....

Bonita
06-25-2011, 12:03 PM
thank you Rob for the nice words and anything in my life would not be worth it without God in it. Bonita

Peridot20_Gem
06-25-2011, 05:01 PM
Perhaps rob has a point here. When I was pregnant and had rosey checks everyone said, you have a beautiful glow about you!" Now we have it all year long! Now aint that nice? Ahahahahaha.....Tammy excellent point there made mate, saves on the expense of blusher and comes naturally free when summer arrives to give that extra glow. lol