PDA

View Full Version : Antihistamines and lupus

sann321
06-23-2011, 09:11 AM
I was wondering if anyone has had and positive effects on their lupus hives or lesions using OTC or prescription anti histamines ( like hydroxyzine).

Peridot20_Gem
06-23-2011, 09:18 AM
Hi Sann,

I can't help you on this one mate but someone will answer in due course.

Terry xxx

tgal
06-23-2011, 10:39 AM
I was wondering if anyone has had and positive effects on their lupus hives or lesions using OTC or prescription anti histamines ( like hydroxyzine).

The answer is yes but not near as well as going to the doctor and getting the shot. The shot stops them right away. Be careful though, never take any OTC until you check with your doctor and make sure that it doesn't have any counter effects with your current meds

sann321
06-23-2011, 05:20 PM
the reason i asked is because my dr. gave me some hydroxyzine and they seem to be working a little and i dont have a positive ana yet so i was just ridiculously hoping that maybe if it was helping then this couldn't be lupus. im still in denial i guess lol

Angel Oliver
06-24-2011, 06:01 PM
Isnt it weird how i am on many lupus meds including hydroxyzine yet they say i dont have it lol. I take this to calm me down and stop itching....yet i still itch like mad,but it has took the edge off the anxiety.Hope this helps you.
love n hugs
Amanda.xxxx