PDA

View Full Version : Hi new here and I have some questions...

b3noodles
06-22-2011, 08:01 PM
Hi all I have been looking around here and alot of what you guys are going through AI am also. I have not been diagnosed yet and thankfully not suffered as long as most of you. I have been in a brain fog for what seems like years so much to the point I was going to see dr for a.d.d. But I am wondering if it all goes together. I am 37 amd had a endometrioma tumor removed from my csection scar and my tubes tied in March. Since then it seems like I can not get well. I was usually the type to not be sick or mopey, but now I have joint and muscle pain seems like it travels like now as I type it hurts and is swollen and warm at my left thumb, Other times it's in a foot arch, knee, wrist,sholder etc... sometimes i can shruge it off sometimes it swells so bad that it feels as though my skin might burst open. It also gets itchy but like a deep down cant get relief itch. I also get hives around my stomach and last time it left a bruise. I have put 2 an 2 together and I do feel worse after I have been outside. My husband is of the mind set "you are only as sick as you let yourself be" not that he thinks I am faking but I think he does. I can not get enough sleep ever, but also have a hard time going to or staying asleep.I had bloodwork and my crp? and sed rate were elevated so I was refered to a Rhumy but cant be seen till July 26th. Just wondering if I am worried about nothing. You all seem to have suffered for long amounts of time and although I may have had other symptoms earlier I can't recall. Oh and I almost forgot, I am allergic to almost all narcotics! I am even having reactions with plain Advil! Ugh! Thanks for all your help and advice. Sue

lovedbyHim
06-22-2011, 10:43 PM
Hi Sue, welcome to WHL. I know you will feel validated and given answers to so many questions. Gosh I am hoping the rheumatology appointment goes well for you! I must say you have had a long haul of suffering. I'm truly sorry and hope the answers to all of these symptoms will come soon.

I had a flashback when you talked about the pain at the base of the thumb and wrist area. I had that for a long time. As time went on it hit many joints. I have lupus and fibromyalgia. My sister has RA. Her joints are worse than mine.

I too have sensitivities to many meds, but I seem to be able to tolerate the ones needed to bring me quality of life. I oftentimes start out a bit nauseated in a trial med and then I adjust to it.

Again welcome! Have fun as you will find the the humor here very healing. There's also tons of info and articles to read. If you have questions you can post them. Hope to chat with you sometime.

steve.b
06-22-2011, 11:31 PM
hi sue, i cannot offer any advise, but wanted to say hi anyway.

hi

~LUVMYFLOWERS~
06-23-2011, 03:23 AM
Id like to say welcome to WHL! Sue, Cant offer much advise, But i do also have the bad
stomach itchy hives or did till i was put on predinsone. So sorry you've been going through so much sickness, sound's oh! so familuar to lot's of us and youre surley not alone in this.
Hopeing your rhummy can get you sorted out and some med's to help you feel better in
july, Hang in there Hug's to you!!! ~Diane~

b3noodles
06-23-2011, 06:25 AM
Thanks all for the reassurances I am just making sure I am not nuts I guess. LOL. I will continue to let you all be my inspiration and just wait till end of July. Can anyone tell me if they found any relief withotc meds until they had theier DX and if so what. Thanks again! Sue

Peridot20_Gem
06-23-2011, 06:51 AM
Hello Sue,

Welcome to our lovely close family of WHL and it's nice to have you with us discussing your issues.

You'll find so many threads to venture through concerning A1 Diseases linked to Lupus besides Autoimmune Diseases, as there's such a large variety between we all.

Sorry you've been suffering so much and the joint issues usually come with Lupus but having to see a rheumo is a good start and they usually do quite a few blood tests but i always point this out to member's...if you are Lupus connected it can give false readings off as it fluctuates the bloods, so usually furthur bloods are took to see if something shows as alot of our member's keep having to do this.

Refering tiedness that's just a never ending story and the foggyness of the brain can be such a test trying to keep focust.

I do wish you all the best and please keep we updated regular.

Hugs Terry xxx

Peridot20_Gem
06-23-2011, 06:58 AM
Thanks all for the reassurances I am just making sure I am not nuts I guess. LOL. I will continue to let you all be my inspiration and just wait till end of July. Can anyone tell me if they found any relief withotc meds until they had theier DX and if so what. Thanks again! SueHi Sue,

There's issues going on with me as i see a dermo for my skin and it's gone past steriod creams which are excellent for rashes so my dermo wants me on Dapsone, i was on plaquenil a while back and i had some affects and pulled off it but it's excellent refering skin troubles and i have my dermo wanting me on methotrexate which works with the Dapsone great but no my rheumo is being stubborn and wants to keep me on plaquenil as i've been back on over 2wks but in the meantime my dermo is having a word with him as they want to get my immune system surpressed because of my sle and now they've found a Tumour on my liver.

You'll get quite a few replies from this and i hope the member's help a great deal. xxx

Gizmo
06-23-2011, 08:52 PM
Thanks all for the reassurances I am just making sure I am not nuts I guess. LOL. I will continue to let you all be my inspiration and just wait till end of July. Can anyone tell me if they found any relief withotc meds until they had theier DX and if so what. Thanks again! Sue

I will add my welcome to the others. If you can't take Advil or other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs there aren't a lot of other options, and there aren't any OTC drugs specifically for autoimmune diseases. Some studies show that fish oil helps with joint issues and inflammation. Heat is helpful, and my daughter's doctor advised her to soak in epsom salts for muscle spasms and general pain relief. The magnesium absorbs through your skin and helps settle things down. She said even just soaking your feet will help.

Good luck with your appointment. I hope you get some answers and some relief. Please let us know how things go!

Peridot20_Gem
06-24-2011, 08:51 AM
Hello Sue,

How you feeling in yourself since you joined...i hope your days a less pain free one.

Hugs Terry xxx