PDA

View Full Version : does this look like a malar rash?

anilla
06-22-2011, 12:26 PM
the rheum doc i saw didn't seem to think it qualified.
what do you people with more experience and diagnoses think?

lovedbyHim
06-22-2011, 01:24 PM
Hi Anilla, I was told by one rheumy that I had rosecia. My PCP was livid. I have viewed so many pics of the malar rash and in truth they all look different to me (grin). One thing I did notice is that the red goes over the bridge of the nose and is not under the nose or upper lip. My chin and forehead both get red. Sometimes it litterly swells my cheeks. I don't get a rash actually. I can't see your photo as I am on my Droid phone for three days. I will try to upload a photo of me with a flair. I hope that helps some.

Peridot20_Gem
06-22-2011, 04:07 PM
Hi Anilla,

The Malar Rash is the (Butterfly Rash) I've had it myself and it showed deep red like a butterfly.

I'll add a pic so you can see it clearly and it's strength on the face and if yours is like this then you have it.

Terry xxx

http://i52.tinypic.com/2s81hr9.jpg

giggle
06-22-2011, 04:16 PM
its really hard to see. you need a better quality photo first :)

When mine comes up, it feels like I have something stuck to my face. Its almost raised and swollen. It goes over my cheeks, the bridge of my nose, a small portion of my chin and just above my eyebrows. Thats worst case scenario. Most of the time it just sticks around my cheeks and bridge of nose.

If its getting the tip of your nose or underneath or any non sun exposed areas, its less likely a molar rash. When mines coming up (I have had it coming up for a few days now) I can feel it over my nose and cheeks. Almost asthough I had been burnt, without any of the pain or stinging. You know that feeling when you burnt your finger in hot oil or something and it feels like you have something stuck there? Thats what my rash feels like. Like being badly sunburnt but without pain.
Otherwise... it doesnt hurt or sting or itch... unless I dont keep it clean and looked after... It is possible for it to scab or turn into sores if it isnt cared for. But I dont know if thats just me because I have the extra added issue of rapid shedding/growing skin as a norm.

giggle
06-22-2011, 04:19 PM
Terry thats a really good example : )

giggle
06-22-2011, 04:40 PM
i have a good link to a comparitive site with pics... i dont know if i am allowed to post the link?

tgal
06-22-2011, 04:43 PM
i have a good link to a comparitive site with pics... i dont know if i am allowed to post the link?

Of course you are as long as it is on topic

giggle
06-22-2011, 05:02 PM
Thank you mari : )

http://www.healthy-skin-guide.com/rosacea-a-symptom-of-lupus.html

This has photos and a useful description. : )

I don't know... I get the feeling that if you have lupus rash, you know it. At least for me, it was very definitive. Its raised but flat and feels like sun exposure but doesnt itch or hurt in any way. I guess where it would be difficult, is when is a very mild rash, like I have now. It hasnt developed a highly defined edge yet.

Peridot20_Gem
06-23-2011, 08:20 AM
Terry thats a really good example : )Giggle it's like you said mate, a closer pic would help we all.

I added a thread with that pic and showed my own face with how it's left a dark pigment scarring..dow this lupus just love to show it's hit you. xxx

Peridot20_Gem
06-23-2011, 08:23 AM
Thank you mari : )

http://www.healthy-skin-guide.com/rosacea-a-symptom-of-lupus.html

This has photos and a useful description. : )

I don't know... I get the feeling that if you have lupus rash, you know it. At least for me, it was very definitive. Its raised but flat and feels like sun exposure but doesnt itch or hurt in any way. I guess where it would be difficult, is when is a very mild rash, like I have now. It hasnt developed a highly defined edge yet.Giggle,

That's a good link mate...i've seen it before when looking at pic's but it's great to add and thank you for the member's.

anilla
06-23-2011, 10:44 AM
thanks a lot, ladies. :)

ok, so if it's mostly raised, i don't have it now. mine is just red and def there every day. i did get a weird really red raised one that felt burnt but didn't hurt or itch one day after i put only 30spf on my face and was in the sun for about an hour. not attractive!!

so who knows...

Peridot20_Gem
06-23-2011, 11:12 AM
Hi Anilla,

I had the butterfly rash as i stated earlier and mine did'nt itch put was deeply red and sore and rashed a little of the skin, just how the pic is i added. xxx

lovedbyHim
06-24-2011, 08:50 AM
Hi anilla, go to my profile page and I think I posted my malar rash photo properly this time. I do get a tingling feeling on my face when it is going into full bloom. Good luck to you.

Peridot20_Gem
06-25-2011, 06:20 AM
Tammy you don't half look different in that pic you've put up with the flare...i can just see it on your cheeks.

When i had it, it went from one cheek over my nose to the other and a proper burning red like the pic i added on the thread but properly shaped like a butterfly, even my sister was shocked when she saw it.

lovedbyHim
06-25-2011, 12:29 PM
Yes mine goes up over the nose and makes me very self conscious as I have always been embarrassed of my nose. The raised redness just makes it more noticeable. There are some really good pics on line. Some are much worse than I get.

Peridot20_Gem
06-25-2011, 05:16 PM
I tell you how it made me feel when i had it paranoid and just missing a freak show...it's like those coldsores i never stepped outside only to have a blow bella (fag)lol and i am pleased my face is back to normal...well the best it will ever be till i age some more ontop.