PDA

View Full Version : Chills and Sweats Without Fever

lovedbyHim
06-22-2011, 12:22 PM
I was wondering how many of you experience chill and sweats without a fever? I finally went to my Primary doc today as I am losing sleep and falling asleep while driving. My temp is subnormal as it usually is. My head hurts daily and muscle spasms remain in spite of all the new meds to help with this. I have felt chills like this before, just before a flair. Doc is testing me for lyme disease, which is very possible. I pick tics off my clothes daily. She is also checking me for iron deficiency. Any advice is appreciated. On a good note I was sent to bed for 3 days off work. Aaahhhhhh! Sleep.

Gizmo
06-22-2011, 03:35 PM
Three days off, excellent! I hope you are able to get comfortable enough to sleep and renew. It sounds like you have a good doctor who is taking your problems seriously. I hope she is able to find some answers and relief for you.

I get chills and sweats and feel like I have a fever when I get too much sun or activity. If I can go to bed and sleep for a few hours, I usually wake up feeling better. I have to plan to go to sleep after being outside or exercising or I am useless.

Peridot20_Gem
06-22-2011, 03:59 PM
Hi Tammy,

I get the chills and sweats without a flu mate...it's off Lupus itself it causes your temperature to fluctuate and the main 2 courses are Arthritis and SLE oh and i forget TMJ Disease can trigger these symptoms off also..they're a total nightmare stripping on and off with clothes.

Tammy all these symptoms may also become from the lyme Disease if you do have it..i'm adding a piece for you on it plus a Link mate.

Luv Terry xxx

Lyme Disease

Lyme disease is a bacterial infection that is spread to human by infected ticks. Ticks are small, spider-shaped insects that feed on the blood of mammals, including humans.

The most common symptom of Lyme disease is a red skin rash that looks similar to a bull’s eye on a dart board. However, if Lyme disease is left untreated, further symptoms can follow including:

•a high temperature (fever) of 38ºC (100.4ºF) or higher
•muscle pain
•joint pain and swelling
•neurological symptoms, such as temporary paralysis of the facial muscles
A person with Lyme disease is not contagious because the infection can only be spread by the ticks.

How common is Lyme disease?
Lyme disease is an uncommon infection. The Health Protection Agency (HPA) estimates that there are 1,000-2,000 cases of Lyme disease in the UK each year.

The ticks that cause Lyme disease are commonly found in woodland and heathland areas. This is because these types of habitats have a high number of tick-carrying animals, such as deer and mice. Parts of the UK that are known to have a particularly high population of ticks include:

•Exmoor
•the New Forest in Hampshire
•the South Downs
•parts of Wiltshire and Berkshire
•Thetford Forest in Norfolk
•the Lake District
•the Yorkshire Moors
•the Scottish Highlands
Due to their breeding patterns, the tick population is highest in late spring and early summer.

Ticks can also be found in rural areas in many other countries, including:

•France
•Germany
•USA
•Austria
•Sweden
•Russia
Outlook
There is a widely held misconception that the outlook for Lyme disease is poor and that the condition cannot be treated. This is not the case.

If Lyme disease is diagnosed in its early stages, it can be treated with antibiotics, and the outlook for the condition is excellent. Most people will make a full recovery within a couple of days.

Even if more serious symptoms develop, they can usually be cured with antibiotics, although a longer course will be required.

A vaccine for Lyme disease was introduced in 1998, but it has since been withdrawn by the manufacturer due to controversies over alleged side effects.

The best way to prevent Lyme disease is to take sensible precautions when you are in areas that are known to have a high tick population, such as wearing long-sleeved shirts, and using insect repellent. See the Lyme disease - prevention section for more information.

www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Lyme-disease/

ritzbit
06-22-2011, 04:48 PM
I get them from time to time. I had them really bad when I was on steriods. My doctor told me that my "internal thermostat is broken" which to me says autonomic problem but its very much not understood how lupus effects the autonomic nervous system. Hope you figure out whats causing it!

steve.b
06-22-2011, 11:08 PM
tammy, having a problem with your "internal thermostat", as ritz has put it, is also associated with fibro.

hot and cold sweats are unfortunatelly common. so is being unable to get warm, in cold weather.

i have an extra doona on my side of the bed. i put it on, take it off several times during the night.

craftkeeper
06-23-2011, 03:40 AM
Yep i to suffer from chills and sweats. At first i thought it was just Meno, but now i'm rethinking all that. Ticks are horrible this year. It seems like they get worse every year.. When my oldest daugher was five { which was many years ago] she had one of the two cases of Rocky mountain spotted Tick fever.. It took 3 ER visits before we got a DX and i thought we would lose her.. Her neck and spine stiffened and she couldn't look up or down with her eyes.. Her fever went a little past 105. Thank God UT or Vanderbilt one was able to get us the medicine quickly.. We live way out in the country with woods on every side so every evening we have to detick ourselves.
I hope you all the rest you can get on your three days.

lovedbyHim
06-23-2011, 03:52 AM
Thank you all for your help. All day and night I go through this. I continue to have muscle spasms in my shoulders, arms and up my neck. I keep feeling as if my head is too heavy for my neck and shoulders to carry. I am also having weakness in my arms now. I will try to read some more today. I am napping 3 x a day. Thank God I can stay home for a few days! It's hard to function like this. Thanks again.

Nonna
06-23-2011, 04:38 AM
I'm going through the same thing right now. my thermostat has been off kilter for years. I always feel like a fever and I don't have one. My PCP also suggested to check my vitamin D levels.

lovedbyHim
06-23-2011, 04:40 AM
Omgosh! I'm a Show Poodle today! I don't want to be that! I am more of a yellow lab. I can't possibly primp as much as a poodle needs primping! Somebody deliver me from being a Show Poodle!

craftkeeper
06-23-2011, 06:44 AM
Girl i know one thing. you have got the most beautiful hair. why dont you just whack that stuff off and send it to me!

lovedbyHim
06-23-2011, 07:52 AM
Ahahahahaha...No way! I lost a lot of my hair just before being diagnosed. I started taking a lot of biotin and b-complex. It came back and I hope to keep it as long as I can. I am realistic about what the drugs and lupus do to the hair, so I do peek at sassy cute short wigs( grin). Thanks for making me laugh!

Peridot20_Gem
06-23-2011, 08:14 AM
Girl i know one thing. you have got the most beautiful hair. why dont you just whack that stuff off and send it to me!Good one mate lol xxx

Peridot20_Gem
06-23-2011, 08:16 AM
Thank you all for your help. All day and night I go through this. I continue to have muscle spasms in my shoulders, arms and up my neck. I keep feeling as if my head is too heavy for my neck and shoulders to carry. I am also having weakness in my arms now. I will try to read some more today. I am napping 3 x a day. Thank God I can stay home for a few days! It's hard to function like this. Thanks again.Tammy,

It's that lovely permanent smile doing all that pain...stop straining your face (wink) lol

lovedbyHim
06-23-2011, 09:38 AM
Lol I read that it takes more muscles to frown than to smile. My 4 yr old granddaughter told her mom, " I love when Meme comes to visit, because she always smiles." I'm not sure how long I can keep this up, because I'm gettingTMJ lately.

steve.b
06-23-2011, 07:46 PM
just tell your doc. to set your mouth in a smile......
next time it locks up.

just dont do the jocker face paint.
(another female vilian for batman to fight)

tgal
06-23-2011, 07:53 PM
just tell your doc. to set your mouth in a smile......
next time it locks up.

just dont do the jocker face paint.
(another female vilian for batman to fight)

LOL THAT made me laugh! Thanks Steve

Peridot20_Gem
06-24-2011, 03:49 AM
Lol I read that it takes more muscles to frown than to smile. My 4 yr old granddaughter told her mom, " I love when Meme comes to visit, because she always smiles." I'm not sure how long I can keep this up, because I'm gettingTMJ lately.

Tammy i'm re-naming you on the site as the cheshire cate lol

It's lovely to smile, christ it's very rare it happens with me. xxx

lovedbyHim
06-24-2011, 04:40 AM
Thanks for the laughs everyone! I so need it today! Hey cheshire beats that stinking show poodle! I had an aunt who used to dye her white poodle pink and blue! That's all I can envision.

Peridot20_Gem
06-24-2011, 07:37 AM
Tammy,

You have got a lovely smile mate...my hubby hates it because i dow do it much and he wears a cheeky grin smile permantley.

I've seen pic's of americans dying there poodles that colour and they've started it here in the uk, bloody soft if you ask me and i quite agree with you on that subject.

lovedbyHim
06-24-2011, 08:04 AM
Okay so prepare me what will I be next? Just dieing to know.

Peridot20_Gem
06-24-2011, 08:13 AM
I swear to god mate i can't tell you because there's so many different names that i've gone through i've forgot...it may be Alsation next as i do know there's a Pit Bull.
When i first joined i used to laugh.

steve.b
06-24-2011, 08:08 PM
something slightly more befitting a lady of your nature...............

a fierce poodle

lovedbyHim
06-24-2011, 11:31 PM
Ahahahahaha...that's right I finally became the fierce poodle! You gotta be fierce to battle these crazy diseases! It also helps that I was raised in poverty with 4 brothers. Now what would a fluffy pink poodle do in this battle for life? Pee on the floor I think. No, I want to go out kicking and biting!

steve.b
06-25-2011, 12:11 AM
you ort to chat to linda.
she has your humour...............
but unlike you she hated being a fierce poodle.
she has now evolved into a bear cub.
strange as there are no bears in australia.

lovedbyHim
06-25-2011, 03:10 AM
I do love her humor!

Peridot20_Gem
06-25-2011, 03:20 AM
Tammy i loved the Pit bull as i love that breed like my staff i've got...Alsations don't go down to good with people having seizures years back i had one and christ everytime i had one..she'd attack me because i used to see the after affects. lol

Hair missing and my eyebrow the once.

lovedbyHim
06-25-2011, 05:52 AM
Ohmgosh! That's horrible. That sounds like something from out of a movie. I am too visual for that! I love my dogs but if I had one like that, he would be taken somewhere very special. To the land of many fierce poodles, where he would learn that biting hurts!

Peridot20_Gem
06-25-2011, 06:26 AM
Tammy i saw the vet about kelly and he said to me, never have Alsations where seizures are concerned as they can't recognise them.. they see it as a threat so i sold her at 5mths and since then i've had staffs and they're so brilliant will illness it's unbelieveable, when i fit he alerts ste and comes and lies by me and if i try to go to sleep in the chair it's a NO GO situation he wakes me back up.

steve.b
06-25-2011, 07:56 AM
you have to admire the inteligence of animals !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lovedbyHim
06-25-2011, 08:28 AM
Well not Kelly the vicious Alsation! Bad dog! Bad!

So amazed what your new dog will do. I read a story about a cat that lived at a nursing home. The cat would go in to the room of a patient and sleep by their door when it knew the patient was dieing. The staff said they always knew who was going to die, because of this cats behavior. But here's my thought, was the cat killing the people? This could make another movie. Vicious cat related to vicious poodle offs elderly. Oh I need to nap.

Peridot20_Gem
06-25-2011, 05:20 PM
you have to admire the inteligence of animals !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Steve,
Staffs in the correct hands mate are the most loving and faithful breed you can ever want and there's so many people i know in australia who have them.

Peridot20_Gem
06-25-2011, 05:22 PM
Oh tammy what a thing to point out was it the cat killing them??...that's a story which to me sounds hiffy.