PDA

View Full Version : More strange things going on!

craftkeeper
06-22-2011, 03:08 AM
Okay now i have these wierd looking round ringworm looking things that come and go on my legs and ankles. I know it's not ringworms because they only stay for awhile then leave.. Also my knees will get bright red and stay that way for a day or so then when they clear to normal within a couple of days all of the skin peels from the top of them.
Last night after i got out of the tub i had little spots of blood well up on two areas of my leg without any injury.. This is the same leg that my Rheumy gave me steroid shots in and i have a terrible vein problem in my legs. I have to get another shot today because i can't put any weight on that knee.

My hair is falling out on the sides and in the front and my teeth are all going bad no matter how much i brush.. right at the gum line. As a matter of fact i am now losing crowns and bridges because the anchor teeth underneath are going. Man i hate these fricking autoimmune things. The only good thing that has happened health wise is i have lost15 pounds..Yah. anybody have the ringworm thingies?

lovedbyHim
06-22-2011, 03:43 AM
Gosh! No, it sounds lousy. I'm really sorry I have no advice. My teeth have cost me thousands of dollars. I recently was able to get dental insurance, which will be cheaper for me, as the dentist needs to remove 3 wisdom teeth and redo 4 filled teeth due to cavities. I hate what lupus is doing to me too. Bless you dear. I hope you get care for what is happening to your skin.

steve.b
06-22-2011, 04:07 AM
sorry i cannot offer any advice on your "ringworm thingies".

i too have dental problems.

sharpiessave
06-22-2011, 04:20 AM
I totally get those ringworm looking thingies, and my GP has assured me they're not ringworm. I get them mostly on my arms. They're about dime sized, maybe slightly bigger, and bumpy. I notice them more in the winter, but I have two right now. They're also easier to see when I've just gotten out of a hot shower. I've noticed that I don't get as many since I started getting serious with the moisturizer. I slather myself in Aveeno every day, and only use Dove soap (bars, cuz loofas seem to irritate my sensitive skin.)

I'm sorry you're strugglin' with so many new weird things right now. One of the things that bugs me the most about this AI situation is the crazy variance of symptoms. Once you get your head wrapped around one thing, something completely new pops up.

Peridot20_Gem
06-22-2011, 08:15 AM
Hello Craftkeeper,

Well i'm sorry to hear your suffering more but it's lovely to SEE YOU ON THE SITE.

Well you've got a match with me concerning the ringworm, that's how i came to see my dermo Lupus mimic's ringworm but does'nt pronounce itself like ringworm, i had bloods done and it was psoriasis just watch it does'nt spread as it went all over my arms/neck/back/chest and front and legs and steriod cream soon removed it.

Refering your little blood spots they're from SLE leakage of blood vessels mate and the jabs is most likely causing this as i've had them also but my came out without the Jabs.

My hair came out at the side and i had a right bald patch and that's why i skinned my head and found the 50p size bald patches it will grow back but in grey instead of your normal colour. Regarding teeth i've none of that been to the dentist this morning i'm ok so fare regarding what your suffering.

My thoughts are with you, especially concerning the ringworm look.

Hugzzzzzzzzz to you Terry xxx

craftkeeper
06-22-2011, 04:55 PM
hi friends and thanks for all the kind words. Yep i have thousands in my teeth to. Permanent bridge,four crowns and upper and lower partial.. the anchor teeth that hook my partials are crumbling.. I have already lost one crown due to decay which just started all at once and there's no way to stop it. Guess a shiny new set of white choppers are on the way. I went to the Rheumy today and he said all of it is linked to the Autoimmune stuff it was just hard to figure which one. I got smart and took a picture of the rash on my nose and cheeks and took my whole camera with me to prove it. Honestly my Rheumy looks just like King Julian on Penguins of Madagasgar. I tried to not laugh when he started picking through my thinning hair. They got in touch with my eye doctor while i was there and he couldn't believe i was already in Punctual plugs and Restatis. Anyway i have lost 16 pounds but now i have to go back on three weeks of Prednisone and he gave me some sort of medication for dry mouth. He said that after three weeks if things were not looking up i would have to start the Methotrexate. Glad i didn't throw that bottle away.

Then he sent me for three shots under my right knee cap and sent me off for xrays of my leg. So all in all it wasn't a bad day..LOL. Terri i swear you tell me about the same things the doctor does. The ringworm looking things are freaky. Mine doesn't itch or burn or anything. And they do stand out more after getting out of hot water, but my legs have been hurting so badly i have to get in the tub and soak,

It gets to where you automatically get up in the morning just to see what new strangness is going to hit. Big hugs and thanks to all for just listening to my ramblings

Peridot20_Gem
06-23-2011, 08:40 AM
Now listen here mate your moaning about your hair and wanting Tammy's sent on and now the structure of your teeth...one solution have the lot pulled out (wink)lol...oh you do crack me up.

Well i've heard the lot to see your rheumo taking the camera the lot, what's up dow he believe you...well at least he was gentle and comforting grooming your hair.

Those 16lbs you've lost mate will it go back on with the steriod because if so what a shame after losing it...besides yourself and alot of member's i bet you all feel like gunnie pigs sometimes on and off drugs like mad and what weight you lose it's back on again if your hormones are made that way it will.

Now listen here mate, i tell ya about the same stuff as the doctor because i dow think there's one thing i ah add and it not like i'm a teenager i'm 43 coming and there's not a department in the hospital's i've not visited over the years.
The ringworm does stand out more when you wash because it pronounces with heat but if you don't get it treated dow worry you'll soon be scrapping like mad and everyone was banned from our house thinking it was ringworm, the rubber gloves went on 3 times a day and a good old rub down (such a shame the old man would'nt join in)lol

Dow worry about rambling it's lovely to hear you (thumbs up) xxxx

craftkeeper
06-23-2011, 05:40 PM
HaHaHaHaHa You guys crack me up.. I thinking a Dolly Parton wig and a new set of teeth and i'll feel like a million dollars.LOL. On another note i really do dread the Pred after losing 16 pounds but it's only 5mg 3times a day first week, two times the next and then once a day for a week.. Maybe three weeks wont do me in to bad. I'm waiting on the knee xrays now to see if i have to have joint replacement.. Arggg makes me so darn mad that i did all the right healthy things all of my life and end up like this.. Im gonna fight it though with everything in me.

lovedbyHim
06-23-2011, 05:54 PM
I used to eat all organic, make my own bread and run10 miles a day. I hear you and get you (smile). Ugh! 4 naps today. "Somewhere over the rainbow.....la la la"

Peridot20_Gem
06-24-2011, 03:55 AM
Well i've told ste with all these operations and what's going on with me...he wow have to look for a new woman as he's got one re-arranged, mind you my face could do with sorting. lol

lovedbyHim
06-24-2011, 04:51 AM
A little fibromyalgia in the face with some TMJ and it will all come together for ya Terry.

Peridot20_Gem
06-24-2011, 05:51 AM
Well i've got the TMJ Tammy so i only need the fibro mate.lol

magistramarla
06-25-2011, 10:40 PM
Hi Craftkeeper,
As Terri mentioned, those ring shaped lesions could be psoriasis. There are also lesions that are called discoid lupus. I found that my psoriasis patches cleared up while I was on MTX, but have been coming back now that I'm off of it.
I've also had many problems with my teeth. I've found out that Sjogren's was probably the cause. The dryness and lack of saliva that it causes wrecks our teeth. If you have Sjogren's as one of your AI issues, look it up, and you'll see what it can do to the teeth. I take pilocarpine daily to help add saliva. I'm also using Restasis for the dry eyes.
Hugs,
Marla

Gizmo
06-25-2011, 10:42 PM
I haven't heard of using pilocarpine. That's interesting, Marla.

tgal
06-25-2011, 10:46 PM
Hi Craftkeeper,
As Terri mentioned, those ring shaped lesions could be psoriasis. There are also lesions that are called discoid lupus. I found that my psoriasis patches cleared up while I was on MTX, but have been coming back now that I'm off of it.
I've also had many problems with my teeth. I've found out that Sjogren's was probably the cause. The dryness and lack of saliva that it causes wrecks our teeth. If you have Sjogren's as one of your AI issues, look it up, and you'll see what it can do to the teeth. I take pilocarpine daily to help add saliva. I'm also using Restasis for the dry eyes.
Hugs,
Marla

I have discoid lupus as well as SLE and the plaquenil basically took care of my discoid rashes. The thing about the sjogrens and teeth I need to look into. I have spent more at the dentist and still had to have dentures before I was 35. No matter what I did they just fell apart

steve.b
06-25-2011, 11:51 PM
http://www.medicinenet.com/pilocarpine-oral/article.htm

information on pilocarpine.

Nonna
06-26-2011, 12:43 PM
I seem to be in the same boat. My hairs falling out for years, my teeth are bad and the skin on my legs and arms was bad. I started using H20plus products 10 years ago and my skin is better. The steroids don't help. I still have bruises on my arms from an ER visits in June last year. I'm wishing for all the wigs I had back in the 70s.

Lupus, Hashimotos or whatever- I want my hair back

Craftkeeper hugs to you, we're all in the same boat

craftkeeper
06-26-2011, 03:02 PM
Nonna you are absolutly right. Although i am truly sorry that all of you share all of these different problems, I am also truly glad that we have each other to talk to. I to wish back for all of those wigs i use to have. Some of them can get pretty pricey. My Rheumy told me to get on Biotin and B 12 immediatly.. So i started it day before yesterday. He didn't say how much though. well there's another question for another thread. LOL

lovedbyHim
06-26-2011, 06:28 PM
Hi craftkeeper, I am on biotin and super B complex for 4years now. It helped me a lot. I take 5 mg biotin and 60 mcg of the B 12. I had loads of hair falling out from hoshimotos, meds, flair, etc. My hair is better than it was for years before diagnosis. I used to get little blisters on my scalp and then hair was everywhere. I cut my bangs to hide it. Most of us lose it in the front first. At least that is what my rheumy said. I hope this helps. B vitamins tend to make me nauseated so that is the best I can do. Good luck to you! I hope it works!

Peridot20_Gem
06-27-2011, 01:18 PM
Well i have B12 every 3 months and my system is crying for it.

I hear alot of you say you take vitamins and i'm not being dirty but they stop me going to the toilet and i go all constipated.

Craftkeeper i hope they work and help you mate. xxx

lovedbyHim
06-27-2011, 03:07 PM
Im blocked from all the muscle relaxers, cymbalta, lyrica, etc. Perhaps we should start a thread on constipation. There I said it for all of us who can't move for the life of us! Could somebody please help us with this?

Peridot20_Gem
06-27-2011, 04:07 PM
Start one Tammy...oh christ mate i am laughing here.

Years back the doc's used to have me on a thick yellow liquid (i can't remember the name ahhhhh) but it was ok for a few months and your bowels get used to the stuff...then i remembered the best solution there is if you can get it besides we in the uk SYRIP OF FIG if your able to get it from chemists or herbels shops watch the dose because it makes you go but can jolt your bowels as we put it, in other words give you severe stomach pain but it's brilliant stuff.

http://i56.tinypic.com/20i6f14.jpg

Gizmo
06-27-2011, 06:43 PM
Im blocked from all the muscle relaxers, cymbalta, lyrica, etc. Perhaps we should start a thread on constipation. There I said it for all of us who can't move for the life of us! Could somebody please help us with this?

Sugar free candy - the kind that says not to eat too much or it will give you diarrhea!

steve.b
06-27-2011, 07:17 PM
try coloxyl
my wife uses it and it works well for her.
take 1 to 4 tablets (over the day) depending on how effected you are.

tgal
06-27-2011, 07:36 PM
I wish I had this problem! I have the exact reverse and i am in the restroom 10 plus times a day!

lovedbyHim
06-27-2011, 11:14 PM
Thanks all! Mari, RED LICORICE! Lol

Peridot20_Gem
06-28-2011, 12:35 AM
Tammy i've not touched that liquorice since i was a kid but carry on mate if it helps ya.lol