PDA

View Full Version : Hey all,,I'm back

craftkeeper
06-22-2011, 02:57 AM
well it seems like everytime i sign on to post, something or somebody stops me so i decide to try early morning before everyone wakes up. It's been a crazy few weeks. We just finished a week with vacation Bible school for the three little ones and i have them all summer through the day and i'm already feeling the effects of it.

For the last week and a half i have been in a horrible state so i have a appt with the Rheumy today. I guess i may have to rethink the Methotrexate. Plaquenil seems to be working some because my flares are fewer and the mouth blisters are doing well, but i have the all over fatique and body Ache going on. Anyway....i know i'm overdoing it but how do you stop when your Mother,Grandma, cook,provider and everything else that goes with it? The only time i have for me is the few hours before everyone wakes.
Well i'm through whining now. LOL

Nonna
06-22-2011, 03:04 AM
Welcome back, we missed you and thought about you. This is my time also; my daughter is having her quiet time in another room of the house. Quiet time or me time or whatever is a good thing. Opening up your mind in the quiet is a blessing.

Just wanted to say hello,
Nonna Toni

lovedbyHim
06-22-2011, 03:36 AM
Welcome back. It is hard to balance all our roles. I do hope you find some time to sleep and heal.

~LUVMYFLOWERS~
06-22-2011, 03:48 AM
Welcome back, And i know how you feel. Hope the rest of your week go's a lot better
and you have great result's at your rheumy appt today! Hug's to you!!!!!!!!!!~Diane~

steve.b
06-22-2011, 03:53 AM
thinking of you over these holidays.
enjoy the kids, they will be gone in no time.

Peridot20_Gem
06-22-2011, 12:05 PM
Hello mate,

Like i said on your other thread lovely to hear off you but stop the excuses about getting on the pc...who's the adult (wink)lol

Rather you than me refering 3 kids i'd be worn out in an hour with one never mind a summer, i just hope your health does'nt suffer as kids keep you on as you well know.

Let we know how your appointment went with your Rheumo please. I'm back on the plaquenil just been back on it over 2wks and i'm taking it at night as suggested by Linda and the effects have just been my temper raising more but no bad extra breathing problem "Whippy" but i won't count my chickens till a few more weeks but it is great with your skin.

I just don' know how your doing mother etc christ you must be an angel with how you've been and still are in some aspects refering your pain, as you know we need quite alot of rest at times.

You take it easy when you can and all my love Terry xxx

craftkeeper
06-22-2011, 05:21 PM
Terri, i have been called alot of things in this life, but never a Angel.LOL I think the word we are looking for si PUSHOVER! Anyway I've always been the caregiver but my hubby is the Angel..He does help me so much. I promised him today i would slow down.. As far as the doctor, it went okay considering.. i posted a great big bunch of his hoopla on the other post. I truly hope the Plaquenil works for you this time.. I know i still have a few problems with queasy stomach every now and then. I'm thinking of all of you guys over the Holidays to.. I plan on being back on line more often now, so Terri wont think i'm such a whiny butt..LOL love you guys

Peridot20_Gem
06-23-2011, 09:15 AM
Craftkeeper,

We're all angels in disguise mate. It's lovely how your hubby helps mines gone like it alot more now, i look at it like this i'm keeping him fit as he is 10yrs old and needs his exercise. Yes i've answered your thread mate on seeing your rheumo sitting there being groomed and admiring photo's it comes to something while other patients are waiting to be seen.
Oh i forgot to mention you on about your queasy stomach i still get the nausea and last time they mad me lose weight, that's started again already but that is a side affect of the drug losing weight.

Ah ah ah i don't think your a whiny mate..total opposite a good laugh and it makes my day.

Hugs & kisses to you mate. xxxxx

craftkeeper
06-23-2011, 05:46 PM
Terri i know this is a crazy question but i was going to ask in another thread anyway.. I know that you have lost alot of weight off and on in your battle with all of this.. Is it the Lupus that effects your weight loss the most or is it medications making you feel queasy.. There are so many differences in the way this effects different people.. I gained 50 pounds in no time flat.. Now i am able to lose some of it.. But i was just wondering which caused most of you loss?

Peridot20_Gem
06-24-2011, 02:59 AM
Morning Craftkeeper,

If i was to add a full shot of me you would'nt believe how thin i am, you can see my ribs and i'm down to the bone but the nurse and doctor keeps a check on me.

Years back when i was 18 i was 7 and half stone, then they had me on loads of tablets plus a steriod and i went to 18st got the stretch marks to prove it mate. Then they rushed in and pulled me off the lot and i went to 9st within 6mths but in the meantime i had anarexia and never recovered till 9yrs ago, a year after meeting ste because the weight sent me paranoid, then they found out i had gland trouble where i went to
11st and was that for ages and when we moved here 4yrs ago and my skin started playing up with the ringworm lark, i noticed my weight started dropping off i went to 58kg in weight, my doctor as said i should resemble an horse because my meds do add weight besides my gland but last year a test came in on my gland it had gone hypo and apparentley that's why i stop low in weight through my gland going mad.
I'm ususally 8 and half stone and i'm 5ft 8" tall and when it goes underactive it makes my weight gain slowly go to 10st but it ain't happened for at least 2yrs but i read up alot on Lupus and it is a Disease which makes you lose weight also and now the plaquenil is reacting the same.

My neighbour who's 49 next door as seen me with my top lifted as she was on about weight and my ribs showing and hip bones she said it dow look normal.lol

I can tell you easily what's making you add weight quickly if your on a steriod because it's all down to the womans hormones also, my body reacts to steriods and bang weight's gained in no time like yourself, that's why i won't touch them for the Lupus i can't carry the weight plus it affects my back and breathing more and it was Rob when i first joined who told me about Plaquenil not being a steriod as i asked.

I do know how you feel mate i was holding at 18st for at least a good 4-5yrs and my chest went from a 38 to 48 and the weight of them alone, christ it was murder mate but i have noticed being this low to the bone in weight you do feel pain in the joints even more and the cold off the raynauds.

In general it's my thyroid gland, i don't think the Lupus is helping and now the plaquenil mate but have you had your glands checked because if your suffering with them, they can cause weight can like i've stated.

lovedbyHim
06-24-2011, 05:03 AM
Hi craftkeeper, my thyroid has hoshimotos thyroiditis and it gets inflamed at times. I was very thin before this and steroids. Now I am gaining weight so fast. And yes I am in awe of the breast size from steroids. The thyroid test was a simple blood test to see if I had antibodies attacking my thyroid and then an ultrasound was done which showed the lumps.

Peridot20_Gem
06-24-2011, 08:28 AM
Oh Tammy i am sorry to hear what your going through mate and i have been there with weight gain it's terrible i just can't carry to much weight but when i was 18st and my bust being a 48 i could never see the floor at all.lol

Tammy you'll love craftkeeper she's dead witty and a right laugh. xxx

magistramarla
06-25-2011, 10:10 PM
Hi Craftkeeper,
I'm glad to see you here again. We've missed you.
I've never taken steroids (except for some cortisone shots in the knees), but I've been gaining weight lately. I'm more round around the middle than I've ever been, and the "girls" are up to a 34 DD (hubby is ddelighted). It's frustrating, because I've been buying lots of fresh veggies here in Ca, and we're eating an extremely healthy diet.
I'm convinced that it's the hormonal changes. Menopause is no fun!
Hugs,
Marla

lovedbyHim
06-26-2011, 03:10 AM
Oh Maria, I am just starting to show signs of it and it is rough enough with lupus, fibro, med side affects, etc. You made me laugh with "the girls" comment. Lol well, my boyfriend of several years just keeps watching me evolve in to Dolly Pardin and when I say I can't believe I have to buy new bras again, he just laughs. To think I used to cry in school because the boys called me flattsy. At the same time there was a doll that came out that was flat and could be placed in a book. The song that was used to sell her went like this, "Flattsy flattsy your flat and that's that!" Needless to say they sang that to me. If they could see me now!

Peridot20_Gem
06-26-2011, 03:20 AM
Well before i ever took stuff at 18 my girls.lol was a 38, waist 18" and 32" hip and now at 42 i'm a 32e chest 26" waist and still a 32" hip but you still feel alot being thin like i've stated it just ah no fun up and down, then the old stretch marks appear and we look haggered before our time.

lovedbyHim
06-26-2011, 04:04 AM
Are you trying to say that if I lost the 30 pounds everything would head south! Ugh!

craftkeeper
06-27-2011, 01:07 PM
well Ladies since we are on the breast subject, Some of my doctors have the belief that i may be suffering from all of these autoimmune problems because a silicone breast implant ruptured in me in 1992. It's been downhill ever since. Why we do what we do for vanities sake.. if i had just waited Meno,thyroid and prednisone would have given me free ones. HA

Peridot20_Gem
06-27-2011, 02:37 PM
Are you trying to say that if I lost the 30 pounds everything would head south! Ugh!Tammy,

You never know mate where the extra lie when you lose it.lol (wink)

Your comment as made my day.

Peridot20_Gem
06-27-2011, 02:41 PM
Hi Craftkeeper,

I'd say your Doctor's are on the right pathway mate with your rupture and autoimmune diseases. In 1992 i could have posted you a 42dd.lol

Here's some info i'm adding mate for you to read. xxx

Peridot20_Gem
06-27-2011, 02:49 PM
Breast implants & Autoimmunes Diseases

Disease and Serious illness:

Everyone agrees that implants can cause local complications, such as those listed above. There is much more controversy about whether it can cause diseases or disorders. Some women can have implants for many years and never have any problems, but as the years go by, many women with implants become seriously ill. Common symptoms include joint pain or stiffness, memory problems, trouble concentrating, fatigue, flu-like symptoms that don’t go away, or pain throughout the body (fibromyalgia). Auto-immune diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, and scleroderma are also problems among women with implants. Are these symptoms caused by implants, are women who are susceptible to these illnesses more likely to get them if they have breast implants, or would these women have become ill even if they didn’t have implants?

Link to this info www.breastimplantinfo.org/what_know_2.html

www.lightparty.com/Health/SiliconePoison.html

lovedbyHim
06-27-2011, 03:17 PM
Ohmgosh I had no idea that ruptured implants did that! Yikes! So sorry craftkeeper. Well here we are all together with or without them looking to the future of aging and heading south. I love the humor of you girls and I sure am glad we are in this together. Perhaps my lupus came from red licorice, because I have overdosed on it for years. It causes constipation too!

Peridot20_Gem
06-27-2011, 03:33 PM
Well tammy i hope you've finished the liquorice mate.lol well how it causes you constipation they believe in it here to make you go.

Specailist's in one way can give any answer when they're not completley sure and when they ain't got a clue that's when you can't get nothing out of them.

tgal
06-27-2011, 05:11 PM
well Ladies since we are on the breast subject, Some of my doctors have the belief that i may be suffering from all of these autoimmune problems because a silicone breast implant ruptured in me in 1992. It's been downhill ever since. Why we do what we do for vanities sake.. if i had just waited Meno,thyroid and prednisone would have given me free ones. HA

I have a friend that got scleroderma due to ruptured implants. She had them removed in the early 90's I believe and did begin to get better but still has the bent fingers, enlarged eyes and breathing problems. Even dow chemicals (who made the implants) had to admit that it was most likely from them.

lovedbyHim
06-27-2011, 11:07 PM
Well that's just plain horrible! Don't mind my twisted licorice humor craftkeeper. It's how I cope with all the horrible stories I hear each day. I'm too sensitive to live in this crazy world I think. Truly sorry for what they did to you dear.(((hugs))

craftkeeper
06-28-2011, 02:56 AM
Hey Tammy, it just hit me that your talking about that twizler strawberry licorice. You do know that stuff will make you grow hair on your palms and go blind right? HEHE. I had a friend that carried a bag of it every where she went. It is good stuff.

Mari, Dow Corning was the maker of the implants that i had. Had them for one year,woke up one morning with my lift breast gone and a piece of silicone shell sticking through my skin. They did pay to remove the implants, and they did admit that my Atypical Connective problems were from the silicone. Now i have three brand new problems. Since all of the gel emptied into my chest area i was told it would always be in my system because it adheres to whatever organ it miagrates to. who knows why things happen though.

tgal
06-28-2011, 03:39 AM
Hey Tammy, it just hit me that your talking about that twizler strawberry licorice. You do know that stuff will make you grow hair on your palms and go blind right? HEHE. I had a friend that carried a bag of it every where she went. It is good stuff.

Mari, Dow Corning was the maker of the implants that i had. Had them for one year,woke up one morning with my lift breast gone and a piece of silicone shell sticking through my skin. They did pay to remove the implants, and they did admit that my Atypical Connective problems were from the silicone. Now i have three brand new problems. Since all of the gel emptied into my chest area i was told it would always be in my system because it adheres to whatever organ it miagrates to. who knows why things happen though.

I am going to PM you

lovedbyHim
06-28-2011, 03:43 AM
Omgosh! That sounds HORRIBLE! Was there a law suit? I'm sure this happened to others! Gosh girl what a thing to live with.

Yes twizzlers are the ones. I do have hair on the palm of my hands. Shave it daily. Rough to get around my thumb. Hugs to you today. Thanks for the laugh much needed today.

Peridot20_Gem
06-28-2011, 09:27 AM
I say crafterkeeper i do feel sorry for you mate and what a situation to happen to you and like Tammy i hope you took them to hell and back for what happened.