PDA

View Full Version : Lupus and the Pursuit of Happiness

Nonna
06-20-2011, 01:11 AM
In trying to come off a downer, I decided to start this thread in hope of good things for us all.

I don't know if it was here or Facebook, an ad or a YouTube thing but this quack was pushing brain health. He said negative thoughts were unhealthy. So here's my thinking- every day, come up with a positive thought to start the day so i, you, we all feel better about ourselves.

Day One: WHL is the best thing that's happened to me in regards to my health.

lovedbyHim
06-20-2011, 02:27 AM
Great thread!

I'm so thankful to live in my own little home in a quiet area so I can when I need to.

steve.b
06-20-2011, 02:38 AM
i am so greatful that lupus has taught me to slow down.
i used to be a workaholic............... now i am a family man

Peridot20_Gem
06-20-2011, 08:12 AM
Nonna, i'm happy of a morning if i'm able to walk incase i've seizured through the night and gone paralised that's with me every morning when i wake .

tgal
06-20-2011, 08:14 AM
Oh Nonna I am needing this today! I have been having a talk with myself all night and was just about to post about trying to get over this hump. I am happy that I have all of you that I have come to love very much. You are my family and you, above all, understand what my life is like now. What more can anyone ask for?

ruziska
06-20-2011, 10:07 AM
Lupus, quite possibly, has been the best thing to happen to my marriage. Since my proper diagnosis, my husband has studied a lot about Lupus, and quite frankly, I think he's realized, this is serious and it has made him realize just how precious life in general and our lives as a couple is. He's been a better husband since the diagnosis and for that I am grateful to Lupus.
On a lighter note, as you know, I treat Lupus as a living breathing entity all of its own, therefore it has an ego. I hope this message doesn't inflate Lupus' ego as it gives me enough grief already (lol ok?)

Bonita
06-20-2011, 11:45 AM
Getting out of bed and being alive to enjoy another day is a gift from God to cherish. Thank you to all who have helped me on this journey i did not ask for but have been able to cope in knowing all of you God Bless you all Bonita

Peridot20_Gem
06-20-2011, 12:13 PM
Lupus, quite possibly, has been the best thing to happen to my marriage. Since my proper diagnosis, my husband has studied a lot about Lupus, and quite frankly, I think he's realized, this is serious and it has made him realize just how precious life in general and our lives as a couple is. He's been a better husband since the diagnosis and for that I am grateful to Lupus.
On a lighter note, as you know, I treat Lupus as a living breathing entity all of its own, therefore it has an ego. I hope this message doesn't inflate Lupus' ego as it gives me enough grief already (lol ok?)Hi Rita,

What you expressed about your hubby now that's just how i feel. We've always been a close couple but i don't think he took my Lupus seriously at first and he's read a fare bit with me and attending my last rheumo appointment opened his eyes and i can't believe the extra of daily routines he's taken on...i could'nt wish for a better hubby. xxxx

panda_lupo
06-20-2011, 02:32 PM
Hey Guys!

I saw a motivation speaker at work this week and he said the same thing! Keep the postive and out with the negative!!

And

I'm greatful for lupus for showing me how to appreciate certain things in my life and people!! Without WHL I don't know where I would be. <3 thank you guys!! you are one of my big positves

Nonna
06-21-2011, 02:24 AM
Day Two: I hope no one minds this for a few days until I get it into my routine

I am grateful for the blessings - my two children

lovedbyHim
06-21-2011, 02:35 AM
I am grateful for a good boyfriend who will run his fingers through my hair, scratch my scalp and rub my muscle spasms for hours (giggle)!

Nonna
06-22-2011, 03:13 AM
Good Morning, it's hump day! I've made it to the halfway point of the week.

My positive thought for today is to say thank you to everyone here. Thank you for being here. Sometime I think of howmuch worse off I'd be without you - my friends

Friends are the best thing in the world, you are not alone went you have friends. ( I think the Lord just put that in my head). Love and hugs to all

lovedbyHim
06-22-2011, 03:32 AM
I'm thankful for my doctors who DO LISTEN to me and help me to have some quality of life. I'm off to see one this AM. Please send a prayer up for me. Female issues.SORRY ROB AND STEVE! (giggle)

Nonna
06-23-2011, 04:42 AM
My positive thought for today: Everyone needs time away from each other also. We need to be more understanding to all.
nner Peace: This is so true.

If you can start the day without caffeine,

If you can always be cheerful, ignoring aches and pains,

If you can resist complaining and boring people with your troubles,

If you can eat the same food every day and be grateful for it,

If you can understand when your loved ones are too busy to give you any time,

If you can take criticism and blame without resentment ,

If you can conquer tension without medical help,

If you can relax without a glass of wine,

If you can sleep without the aid of drugs,

...Then You Are Probably

...The family dog!!

lovedbyHim
06-23-2011, 05:09 AM
I read this quote today, by Lupus Seneca:

Better to live well than to live long.

I will try to live well in spite of my symptoms today (grin).

tgal
06-25-2011, 08:37 AM
LOL@ family dog!!

tgal
06-25-2011, 08:42 AM
I don't know if anyone has noticed but I don't like change. I'm dull; I just go through Life doing the same old thing. Lupus has brought too many changes to my Life. I think that's my downer. I want things not to change but things do change; people change and move on. I'm still me, but I just can't do like I did. I think it has really finally sunk in. I'm me but I'm not the same me. It's time to move on; but when you afraid of change and it make you throw up. What do you do? Find a hole? Sorry I just want to cry and cry; but I don't know how. Guess I need to watch a sad movie.

Sorry about the rant on my positive thread; but I can't seem to find a positive thought in my head. Instead of the usual message from the Doctors office- results are normal or they are the same: I got the please call us message. You know that always means news that you're not going to like.

So here I am for the first time in months wanting the weekend to be over so I can get this over with.

I will survive and go forward

Oh Nonna I am so sorry you are going through this. I completely understand where you are right now. I have had these same feelings this week. I am going to copy your post over to the lounge because I have things I want to say on this as well and I don't want to hijack your positive thread.

lovedbyHim
06-25-2011, 09:13 AM
Here is my positive thought for the day:

I don't have lyme disease and I found that if you drink tonic water with quinine in it with a bitter lime and Canberra juice it taste like a cocktail with something in it for pain!