PDA

View Full Version : should i go to ER

Tracyl50
06-17-2011, 03:02 PM
I'm having a sharp pain in my upper left side of my back. every time i take a deep breath. and now when i breath lightly i have the pain not as sharp as the deep breath.. could it be just nothing?? or should i just go to the ER???what could it be. it just started without any warning..

Peridot20_Gem
06-17-2011, 03:38 PM
Hello Tracey,

Is the pain hitting into your shoulder blades as well mate besides your lungs, like does it feel like it's spreading and it's catching your breathing?

Tracyl50
06-17-2011, 03:47 PM
its just a sharp pain in the right side of my blades. everytime i take a deep breath. im debating on going to the er. but i hate sitting here for hours..

Peridot20_Gem
06-17-2011, 03:48 PM
Tracey, if your getting the affects i mentioned i would'nt mess about i'd go to ER because that could be a good sign of pleurisy on the lungs and that's all you want or it could be the Lupus hurting your lungs as i have that also besides swelling.

Just be careful mate. xxx

Peridot20_Gem
06-17-2011, 03:51 PM
its just a sharp pain in the right side of my blades. everytime i take a deep breath. im debating on going to the er. but i hate sitting here for hours..Tracey it does sound like pleurisy to me and i know it takes hours waiting, you want to sit in ours it's pure madness.

Besides going there do you have an emergency doctor who could check you out, they soon know by listening to you lungs.

Tracyl50
06-17-2011, 03:55 PM
ill go to the ER. and ill keep you posted if its anything. thanks for the advice. I'm so new to lupus that sometimes i feel its all in my head... thanks again..

Peridot20_Gem
06-17-2011, 04:03 PM
Tracey,

I've had it quite a few times and it's left a black patch on my left lung and it you leave it to late, fluid can gain around the lungs besides clots forming also..so please get it checked and i'll wait for your update and do takecare because there is alot of things which Lupus can cause.

((Hugs Terri)) xxx

rob
06-17-2011, 04:29 PM
ill go to the ER. and ill keep you posted if its anything. thanks for the advice. I'm so new to lupus that sometimes i feel its all in my head... thanks again..

When in doubt, be safe and go to the ER. If something hurts enough to make you consider going to the ER, it's definitely not just all in your head. Chances are it's nothing major. Please let us know how you are doing when you can.

Rob

magistramarla
06-17-2011, 04:33 PM
Tracey,
I'm glad that you decided to go to the ER.
Keep us informed.
Hugs,
Marla

tgal
06-17-2011, 05:05 PM
I agree. Go to the ER and let us know how things are going

Tracyl50
06-18-2011, 12:52 AM
i did go to the ER and they couldn't find anything wrong.. go figure. but its 3:45 am and I'm still up with the pain and discomfort.is funny how they do some blood work a scan and they well we cant find anything so we are sending you home.. follow with your DR. it was a waste of time. i hope i can get some sleep soon..

lovedbyHim
06-18-2011, 01:35 AM
Hi Tracy, gosh I remember countless ER visits with chest pain, pain going through my back from the front,etc. It felt like someonevwas hitting me with an icepick. Sometimes it would shoot through my chest every few seconds and last for days. So many times I was seen as depression. One day I said,"ya'll are makin me depressed!"

Once I was put on Plaquinil and prednisone it settled. My doc believes it was inflammation in the lining of my heart and chest. She said unless fluid built up it really can't be seen, but that doesn't mean it isn't happening. I still get pain there when I am in a flair.

I'm sorry you had to experience the humiliation of this. In time you will become so in tune with your body that you will feel a little more sure of when to go. Sometimes I still question however. Not to long ago I had terrible pain in my kidney area. I was coerced by my co-workers to go to the ER. They found nothing. However they increased my prednisone and in two days I felt better. I'm glad I went. Better to be safe than sorry.
Are you on steroids. Can you call your rheumy and ask for something?

Bless you as you try to adjust to this crazy disease. The good part is WE ALL BELIEVE YOU AND VALIDATE YOUR PAIN!

Peridot20_Gem
06-18-2011, 03:48 AM
Hi Tracey,

Glad to hear you took sound advice from we all and still got checked out and if they say your ok...still make an appointment to see your GP and see what he/she thinks.
Like i mentione my lungs are swollen at the back with extra pain saw my GP and he said the Lupus is going mad making the muscles around the lungs swell and christ dow i know it with the pain i get.

I'd still refer back though just to make double sure. xxxx