PDA

View Full Version : Good News, Good News...read all about it

shanniefly
12-17-2005, 10:24 AM
Hey all...I just wanted to share with you the wonderful news I received as an early Christmas present!!! :D

I am in total remission!!! :shock:

The problems I have been having with my head have NOTHING to do with my Lupus. I still have problems with the damage that the Lupus previously has caused, but it is not doing any further damage.

I wanted to share this with all of you so that you know that there is hope!!! My doctor told me that I have nothing to worry about if I keep doing the right things.

I hope this gives you some piece of mind going into the holidays that if you believe, and work hard...it is possible to go into remission...though there is no promise of a complete Lupus free life, you just have to look for that silver lining!!!

hatlady
12-17-2005, 11:42 AM
:B-fly:

Wonderful news! What a fantastic Christmas present! I'm so happy for you! May this remission last for years and years and years!

:smilecolros:

hippimom2
12-18-2005, 10:16 AM
This is great news :D . Enjoy feeling great for the holidays and hopefully for a long long time.

Saysusie
12-19-2005, 08:11 AM
What wonderful News!!! :lol: :D :)
You are our poster-child for proof that "REMISSION IS POSSIBLE!!!"
I am soooooo happy for you.
Your doctor is right, continue to take care of yourself and continue to take the precautions against flare-ups! I, too, believe that you will be just fine!
This is a wonderful holiday gift, as you said!!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

shanniefly
12-19-2005, 10:21 PM
Thanks for all the smiles and e-hugs and support!!! I am going to keep coming back to the board and giving advice to anyone who wants it!!! :wink:

You all are truly beautiful, wonderful people, and with our efforts together...State to State, and Country to Country, we will spread the word of Lupus, and make it more possible for research to continue and make it more pain free for the next generations!!! :D

TracyDawn
12-20-2005, 12:54 PM
that is AWESOME news. Congrats. So there really is hope eh? I am so happy and excited for you. I really hope it lasts a very long time. :)
So how did you do it? Anything in particular you'd recommend?

shanniefly
12-20-2005, 03:04 PM
"Anything in particular you'd recommend?"

Well...happy positive thoughts, prayer, and listen to what your doctors say and take all your medicine as perscribed!!! I guess that is what I did, but though I'm in remission, I still have bad days and all, but no "more" damage being done...I believe very soon they will find even more effective treatments for it!!! I can't believe all the things that have happened since I was diagnosed 9 years ago!!!

Hang in there all, and never loose hope...that is the best advice I can give!!!