PDA

View Full Version : Lupus Symptoms

Saysusie
05-03-2002, 07:12 AM
According to the Lupus Foundation of America, before a patient can be classified with Systemic Lupus Erythematosus, at least Four of the following 11 disorders must be present:
Malar rash - Discoid rash - Photosensitivity-
Oral ulcers - Arthritis - Serositis - Renal disorder - Nerologic disorder - hematologic disorder - Immunologic disorder - Antinuclear antibodies.

Saysusie
07-05-2003, 09:40 AM
Symptoms of Lupus vary depending on the individual case and the type of Lupus. Most Lupus patients DO NOT experience all of these symptoms. Here are the most common symptoms of Lupus:
* Achy swollen joints
* Persistent fever over 100 degrees
* Prolonged, extreme fatigue
* Skin rashes (including a butterfly shaped rash across the cheeks and nose).
* Pain in the chest when breathing deep
* Anemia
* Execessive protien in the urine
* Sensitivity to sun or ultraviolet light
* Hair Loss
* Abnormal blood clotting problems
* Fingers turning with and/or blue when cold
* Seizures
* Mouth or nose ulcers lasting longer than two weeks.

Saysusie

FieryRamette
01-06-2004, 01:44 PM
Hello,

My name is Veronica I was diagnosed with SLE (lupus) at age 12 and since then I have gotten everything that comes with this lovely disease...and well like I say better me then someone else...on top of the fact that I can not get Medical Insurance Help from Florida or Minnesota which have denied me twice ..Grrr I still have a smile on my face and live on what can I do I am glad I found this site to help others and get helped hope I make some great friends here ...I am now going through the rash on my face and arms and ears and scalp ...but I thank god for everything he gives me nice meeting you all hope to talk to you soon
Buh Bye :roll:

Saysusie
01-07-2004, 10:53 PM
Hi Veronica
we are also glad to have you.....welcome.......stay positive :lol:

Jojo
04-06-2004, 05:02 PM
I read that Lupus can mess with the menstrual cycle. Just exactly why does it do this? Any advice or website would be greatly appreciated! :D

Saysusie
05-01-2004, 07:48 AM
Hi Jo Jo;
Many women have said that having Lupus does affect their menstruation. They report that their Lupus symptoms may be worse after ovulation and better at the beginning of the menstrual period. Estrogen has been implicated in making the condition worse and this problem is currently being studied. For this reason, women with lupus who are on birth control medications are encouraged to take those that contain little or no estrogen.
There is nothing conclusive about lupus and menstruation. If you are taking birth control, discuss the estrogen level with your doctor.

Best of Luck
Saysusie