PDA

View Full Version : Update on Phyllis AKA Mountaindreamer

Nonna
06-13-2011, 05:14 PM
I spoke with Phyllis this evening, she will be headed back to Tuscaloosa. She is still going back and forth. Our government department know as FEMA, has informed many families there that their demolished homes are habitat and they do not qualify for asistance- our federal government at work.

Anyway she sounds healthy for us that is. We are going to try to get together this coming weekend when she is back in town. She is taking care of herself and not over doing.

ritzbit
06-13-2011, 05:19 PM
Glad to hear she's doing ok. Our government is a joke sometimes. Hope everyone in that area is doing ok that was such a terrible tragedy.

steve.b
06-13-2011, 06:36 PM
i know it is not easy to remember everyones name.....
please pass my regards to phyllis.

she is a remarkable woman.

kim,l
06-13-2011, 07:12 PM
dear nonna please give phyllis my love she is remarkable person and lots of hugsi will be thinking of her kim l

tgal
06-13-2011, 08:41 PM
I think of Phyllis every time I see the pictures. It is amazing to me how our government spends trillions on money for Haiti and China and (fill in a country here) but we can't help our own people that have lost everything. Please give her my love and my fingers are crossed that something good happens soon!

BonusMom
06-13-2011, 10:37 PM
Please give her my best and thanks for serving the people.

I, Too, am sickened and disappointed by the government's lack of assistance to U.S. Citizens in their time of need when we so graciously give to other countries when they're in need.

I feel my blood pressure going up.....

Linda From Australia
06-13-2011, 11:28 PM
Have I missed something? Can someone please fill me in about Phyllis.... thank you

Nonna
06-14-2011, 04:52 AM
@Linda, we have had many tornadoes here this year. A lot of towns have been devastated, some totally. Phyllis's hometown of Tuscaloosa is one of them. For months now she has been going there to help out.

magistramarla
06-14-2011, 10:52 AM
It's good to hear about Phyllis.
I just hope that she doesn't find that she has overdone it once she finally gets home to stay.
Take care of yourself, Phyllis!
Hugs,
Marla

Peridot20_Gem
06-14-2011, 12:16 PM
Nonna,

Thanks for the update on phyllis, i am pleased she's keeping herself right and i really hope her home town can get help and get those poor people sorted, it's such a shame.

debbie-b
06-14-2011, 03:44 PM
Thank you for the update. I hope she can come to talk to us soon.
She is a lovely person, who always makes others feel better.
I wish I could make her feel better.
Give her my love.

Debbie