PDA

View Full Version : Wish me luck

tgal
06-12-2011, 10:37 AM
Tues-Thurs of this week I am going to be on vacation with my extended family. We are going to Schlitterbahn water park in New Braunfels texas. We are actually staying at the park and I am a water park junky! I have been pretty depressed because I thought that I wasn't going to get to enjoy any of the fun of the park however all the has changed. Because we are actually staying at the park we will get to go in two hours early and they will stay open two hours later for us. That means, if I take precautions, I should be able to get some water slide time!

I went to Academy (a store) and picked up some clothes with UV protection. I also picked up a hat (also with UV protection) and a string that attaches it so it won't fly away. My bathing suit looks like a skirt however the outer part (the skirt part) is not attached so I picked up a pair of leggings to where with the bathing suite AND a long sleeved cover up that I will wear on the rides. I have sunscreen or my face, body and lips. Can anyone think of anything else that I need?

I have to rest quite a bit but I am hoping that with that morning and evening openings even I will get to enjoy myself. If nothing else it is a change of scenery and a place to cool off from the 100+ temps.

I will be checking in from time to time on my phone and will say hello but hopefully my family will be getting along well enough that I won't need an escape into my phone (seriously, that is up in the air),

lovedbyHim
06-12-2011, 10:48 AM
Im so proud of you and happy for you! It sounds like a blast! Hats are in this year so you'll be stylin baby! Celebrate every moment. We'll try not to get into too much trouble while you're away (giggling).

lacey50
06-12-2011, 11:03 AM
I hope you have a blast!! I think you have everything covered from head to toe, good job. How did you get the park to open early and stay open late? As far as getting into troble, well, you know us...lol

tgal
06-12-2011, 11:22 AM
That is a perk to get you to stay at the resort itself. Another perk is that the 67.00 tickets are 25.00!

lizbond36
06-12-2011, 11:42 AM
Have fun, try not to over due it :-) too bad you can't post photos LOL Keep us updated
Hugs
Liz

Peridot20_Gem
06-12-2011, 01:31 PM
Mari i am pleased mate for you and have one hell of a smashing time and your gear you've brought sounds ace for protecting yourself.

It's nice of the resort to open earlier, just chill, relax and enjoy yourself to how much your body can cope.

If you do manage to pop on line it will be lovely to know your fine, especially with the heat. xxxx

Toradoradi
06-12-2011, 02:24 PM
Have fun on your vaca! Sounds like it will be blast! good job on all the protective sun gear!

Nonna
06-12-2011, 04:38 PM
Have fun, you may want to take a totes umbrella, this helps me at softball games. Remember the sun can do damage even though it's hiding behind cloud.........
Remember also to have fun

Tracyl50
06-12-2011, 05:02 PM
good luck to you!! i love water parks. now that my son is in the army i dont get to go anymore...

steve.b
06-12-2011, 05:20 PM
enjoy.
we need pictures.

we need pictures.

sann321
06-12-2011, 05:33 PM
have a great time!! hope all goes well. I love water slides too!

Noelene
06-12-2011, 06:26 PM
AWESOME! Tgal, you'll be right. You deserve it! My daughter & her lttle family live in Houston too and just spent this pasted weekend at that water park. Go for it!

magistramarla
06-12-2011, 06:52 PM
OOOhhh, I LOVE the New Braunfels Schlitterbahn. I went there as a chaperon for my daughter's band trip a couple of times. I stationed myself in the hot tub, and told the kids to come get me if there were any problems. As I remember, there are lots of shady trees overhanging much of the park, so you will have options.
It's also fun to explore those little German towns in the area, and the nearby outlet mall is another good place to go wander around.
Have fun!
Hugs,
Marla

BonusMom
06-12-2011, 07:00 PM
Sounds live you've taken all the necessary precautions, Mari. I hope you have a fabu time and enjoy the time with your family!

ruziska
06-12-2011, 07:44 PM
Have a great time, and yes, we need pictures!

tgal
06-12-2011, 08:24 PM
Have fun, you may want to take a totes umbrella, this helps me at softball games. Remember the sun can do damage even though it's hiding behind cloud.........
Remember also to have fun

LOL Clouds? What are those? It is 103 and in major drought here. Not a cloud in sight!

tgal
06-12-2011, 08:25 PM
OOOhhh, I LOVE the New Braunfels Schlitterbahn. I went there as a chaperon for my daughter's band trip a couple of times. I stationed myself in the hot tub, and told the kids to come get me if there were any problems. As I remember, there are lots of shady trees overhanging much of the park, so you will have options.
It's also fun to explore those little German towns in the area, and the nearby outlet mall is another good place to go wander around.
Have fun!
Hugs,
Marla

I used to live in that area, Marla. I so love the shops and the outlet mall is to die for! I would need money to go to the mall but it was a great thought!

Linda From Australia
06-13-2011, 05:46 AM
Can anyone think of anything else that I need?

You forgot the most important thing, if you don't have it, your Lupus will get really bad, probably worse than you have ever had before. You have to remember your ....... SMILE..... what else would you want to bring?