PDA

View Full Version : Up Date..

Tracyl50
06-12-2011, 07:36 AM
I my Doctor finally put me on prednisone! and i feel a little better . and now he thinks I'm allergic to something, so now i have to go and get tested .. i think it's the chemicals from work. but I'm happy I'm on prednisone . i feel i have a little life back. he also took me out of work for a month. the stress at work is to much for my to handle. the Dr feels I need to get a new job. i laugh at him and ask where?? i said i have Lupus, fibro,arthritis,tendinitis,low blood sugar, and now asthma , who is going to hire me when i get FMLA and i miss a lot of work. plus no jobs out there would pay me what i get paid.. He said stress is really bad for people who have lupus. (he thinks my job is not good for me with the lupus) but like most i cant afford not to work. i do have one question about the prednisone, when should i take it?? the morning or at night.. my Dr told me to take it before bed. but i have trouble sleeping, and i feel its not doing anything for me at night. and i want to know when you guys take it??

lovedbyHim
06-12-2011, 08:37 AM
Hi Tracy, my gosh I think you wrote my life! My doc told me the same thing. I do mental health work with people who have severe diagnosis. I am also mobile so I am in UV all day. I have been a wreck lately. She put me on cymbalta and skelaxin so calm muscle spasms and to quiet my internal reaction to the stress. I take my prednisone in the AM. Hope it helps you.

Peridot20_Gem
06-12-2011, 10:22 AM
Hi Tracey,

I hope Tammy as helped you but there is so many on the site take it to suite their body's besides around other medication but you'll get other's answer besides (then you must decide what's best)

I took plaquenil a while back at 2pm between other tablets and i did get bad affects, re-started it again and Linda suggested night time as i'm sleeping through most of the side affects and so fare nothing and i do hope it keeps that way.

All the best with the prednisone. xxx

steve.b
06-12-2011, 04:59 PM
i takemine in the morning, with food.

Peridot20_Gem
06-12-2011, 05:12 PM
Hi Tracey,

Since you've asked have you decided abit in your mind on when's best to take it?...or are you still waiting for more replys. xxx

Tracyl50
06-12-2011, 05:25 PM
Peridot_Gem
my dr. told me to take it at night before bed. so i did the last three nights. but i wasnt sleeping and still hurting. so today i decided to take it in the morning to see how i would feel in a few days..he did start me off at a very low dose... so i hope it will work.

magistramarla
06-12-2011, 07:47 PM
Tracy,
Good to see you back. I can't take steroids, so I can't help you there.
I hope that the meds and the stress-free month help you to feel better.
Hugs,
Marla

Saysusie
06-12-2011, 10:16 PM
Most doctors suggest that it be taken at night, I guess this is because they figure you will sleep through any adverse side effects. However, it is true that most people must find their own time table for when it is best for them to take the drug.
The actual effect of the drug does not change due to the time of day that it is taken, so do what is best for you!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

Peridot20_Gem
06-13-2011, 02:37 AM
Peridot_Gem
my dr. told me to take it at night before bed. so i did the last three nights. but i wasnt sleeping and still hurting. so today i decided to take it in the morning to see how i would feel in a few days..he did start me off at a very low dose... so i hope it will work.Tracy,
There's nothing worse than a disturbed sleep with this disease and we all need as much rest as possible, so all the best mate taking it off a morning and i do hope it works fine in your system during the day. xxxx

Linda From Australia
06-13-2011, 05:26 AM
I take my Prednisolone in the morning.

Peridot20_Gem
06-13-2011, 06:23 AM
I take my Prednisolone in the morning.Hello Linda,

As you know i'm back on the plaquenil and took your advice for taking it bed time, i take my other tablets at 10pm and the plaquenil at 11pm and so fare no bad side affects like before, i've only noticed my temper getting quicker but that's nothing concerning the breathing problems.

Thanks for the advice again mate. xxx

Tracyl50
06-13-2011, 11:53 AM
thank you everyone !!!! i took it today in the morning and i feel pretty good so far. i may even take the dog for a short walk...

Peridot20_Gem
06-13-2011, 02:31 PM
Hi Tracy,

I hope it keeps that way for you mate plus feeling ok with it and i hope you enjoy your walk with your dog but dow get over doing it. xxx