PDA

View Full Version : where oh where have my pain pills gone?

ruziska
06-09-2011, 02:39 PM
Lupus has decided that today I shall hurt. A lot. All over. Lupus just wants to curl up and sleep. I wanted to run errands. I needed to send a fax. I had stuff I needed to do. So I did and now I am paying for it. I am FINALLY home after running all over town. A nice cup of tea and a pain pill sounds soooo good right now. However, I reached for my pills, my newly refilled prescription for Mobic and they were NO WHERE to be found. Dogs are still alive so they didn't snitch them. Same for the cats. WTF?!?!? Tea is ready... search continues. Check the obvious places. Check the not so obvious places. Pain killers found. IN MY KNITTING MUG. I put the bottle in my knitting mug. Please don't ask me why. I have absolutely no idea. This goes beyond brain fog.
BTW, I moved them to the cupboard by the cereal bowls next to my other meds. I am telling you this so if I forget, I can ask you and you'll remind me, right?

Peridot20_Gem
06-09-2011, 03:44 PM
Oh ruziska,

I am sorry you day started ok then dropped mate. It set brain fogg in you really bad but at least you've found them finally, i was thinking the bin while reading it.

I'll remember that next time if you ask again next to the cereals and i hope tomorrow is a better day and your not in to much pain now but just look what it does to we mashes we up.

Love Terri xxx

Nonna
06-09-2011, 04:37 PM
i can so relate to this. Add me to this situation; my pills are in a small chest of drawers on my dresser. Remind me if I ask...........

hugs to us all

rob
06-09-2011, 07:03 PM
Ah, don't sweat it. Last week I couldn't find my latest refill of Plaquenil. I finally found it in the fridge door, behind the mustard. Still don't have a clue how it got there...

lovedbyHim
06-09-2011, 08:01 PM
Did I take them or didn't I? That is the question. If I take them and I already did I might get sick. If I don't take them and I didn't I might get sick. Hmmmm....?

magistramarla
06-09-2011, 09:28 PM
I have a big, red, old-fashioned make-up case, much like a suitcase, from Estee Lauder. We put all of our meds into it - my prescriptions on the left, Jeff's on the right, and vitamins and supplements down the middle. It sits on the washer in the kitchen, directly beneath the cabinet where we keep the breakfast cereals - hard to miss, even before coffee.
We also both have our cell phones set to buzz for afternoon and evening doses. Again, hard to miss that annoying buzzing.
Hugs,
Marla

Shaztwirl
06-10-2011, 02:42 AM
I uses my phone to remind me to do school runs etc. Yesterday I found my phone in the paper recycling bin!

lovedbyHim
06-10-2011, 04:00 AM
Love it shaztwirl!

SandyR
06-10-2011, 08:28 AM
Dogs are still alive so they didn't snitch them. Same for the cats.

OMG I am laughing so hard at this right now because I know when I dog sit that I have that same thought at times.

Peridot20_Gem
06-13-2011, 03:59 AM
Rita,

I hope your finding you meds ok now mate...just be careful your hubby does'nt make you forget again if your on the trot helping him.lol xxx

lizbond36
06-13-2011, 05:02 AM
I have the same troubles. I have my meds by my sink labeled with a black sharpie LOL so I don't take the wrong ones. I too wonder did I take my pills or not, I bought me a pill holder that said Sun-Sat and I refill those on Sunday. ooop forgot to do that better get those done.
Hugs
Liz

Peridot20_Gem
06-13-2011, 06:20 AM
Hi Liz,

In our kitchen there's one draw just for my meds and i've got a pill container like you and every sunday night when i take them i re-top them back up for the next week and i have a prescription underneath the box and ste as strict instruction's if the ambulance comes again just hand over the prescription, they always ask for all my drugs when i've been took in but when leaving hospital for some reason they have'nt got them or they've gone missing, then there's the messing about to get another lot off your doctor's.

They think your soft they send them into the wards or down to the pharmacey.

lizbond36
06-13-2011, 10:36 AM
Good idea, I should do the note thing to, Great tip Thanks :-) Pretty sure a lot of people do the pill holder I also have the pill cutter. I have a hard time swallowing big pills

Hugs
Liz

Peridot20_Gem
06-13-2011, 10:51 AM
Liz,

I'd stick a spare prescription with your drugs mate to save any hospital having them. I've not got a pill cutter i just use a knife and plate.lol

lizbond36
06-13-2011, 06:21 PM
I had did the pill/knife cutting. But with my hand shake trouble. I slice my finger and didn't notice it, till my pill wasn't peach color it was red. I guess use to the pain don't know when I hurt myself. Thank you for reminding me about the note I go do that now LOL

Hugs
Liz

steve.b
06-13-2011, 06:43 PM
i have a list of all of my medications, and when i take them.
i use 1 copy when making up my weekly supply. (cause i can never remember them all)
i keep another copy next to my drivers licence. (just incase i go to hospital, or need an ambulance).

kim,l
06-13-2011, 07:16 PM
i had all my pills out the other morning since i take 11 in the morning i have to count them and since they are mostly all white it took me 5 attempts to get them right i could not remember which was which i have also found my pills in the freezer so i know how you feel about brain fog

Marie
06-13-2011, 07:29 PM
I keep mine over the bathroom sink, so when I brush my teeth in the morning they are staring me in the face, hope that helps.

steve.b
06-14-2011, 05:27 AM
marie, hi and welcome

Peridot20_Gem
06-14-2011, 02:54 PM
I keep mine over the bathroom sink, so when I brush my teeth in the morning they are staring me in the face, hope that helps.Hi Marie,

Welcome to WHL and nice to have you with us.

What i do to remind me is as soon as i've walked in the kitchen to make a cuppa i grab the milk and stick a yacult by the draw, that yacult i take with my meds to remember but i have had my odd moments and come 4 or 5 in the afternoon the old shakes have been going then i know i've missed them.

I still say it once you've got Lupus you need chipping.lol

lovedbyHim
06-15-2011, 07:44 AM
Hi Marie! Welcome to our great family. What a help everyone is.

Peridot20_Gem
06-19-2011, 05:43 PM
Hi Rita,

Hows your thinking cap lately mate or have you lost it again.lol (Having the crack mate as we're all in the same boat)

Terry xxx