PDA

View Full Version : quotes

tgal
06-08-2011, 05:23 PM
Hi everyone,

I ran across this quote today in it reminded me of the WHL family. I then decided to make a thread for our favorite quotes since the movie and music thread was so much fun. The quotes can be about being sick or things that inspire you or simply things that make you laugh. Share a part of yourself with us!

A man's illness is his private territory and, no matter how much he loves you and how close you are, you stay an outsider. You are healthy.
Lauren Bacall

ruziska
06-08-2011, 05:52 PM
Someday I want to be perfect. For now I'll be happy being incredible! - Maxine

lovedbyHim
06-08-2011, 06:19 PM
Love this thread! I get so inspired by quotes!

"CONTENTMENT IS NOT THE FULFILLMENT OF WHAT YOU WANT, BUT THE REALIZATION OF WHAT YOU ALREADY HAVE."

sharpiessave
06-08-2011, 07:37 PM
Here's mine. Every night as I go to bed:

"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Toradoradi
06-08-2011, 09:07 PM
I read these and just had to laugh

"I'm still haunted by the things I did for a Klondike bar-what would you do?"

"let's eat grandpa. Let's eat, grandpa. Correct Punctuation saves lives"

tgal
06-08-2011, 09:22 PM
Here's mine. Every night as I go to bed:

"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

One of my favorites!

tgal
06-08-2011, 09:26 PM
OK, this one is too funny! I used to have it as the signature on a personal email account:

I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like Grandpa,
not screaming like the passengers in his car.

Toradoradi
06-08-2011, 10:47 PM
OK, this one is too funny! I used to have it as the signature on a personal email account:

I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like Grandpa,
not screaming like the passengers in his car.

Lolollolol good quote mari! I was cracking up on this one!

lovedbyHim
06-09-2011, 02:50 AM
I am still laughing about several. EATING GRANDPA! Ahahaha! You're killing me!