PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever thought about...

shanniefly
12-14-2005, 08:55 PM
I was breezing through the posts, and I realized that finally I'm in a location that everyone could at least see the humor in my new plot for my medical care...it couldn't hurt. :lol:

I have been having neurological problems for about 6 months now, and have had my fair share of going to doctor after doctor, through test after test, and made a decicion that none of my doctors like... :P

If it takes them over a month to figure out what the specific problem is...concidering my already extensive list of health "diagnosis"... if they want my blood or my urine...they have to pay for it!!! (Anyone interested could email or PM me for my charges) Also, they can not charge me for consultations, because "I" can be a write of for them as medical research. :idea:

I have already been in a medical journal...the doctor, I'm sure made money off of this and the confrences he has spoke at...where is my share...if I didn't go to him, he wouldn't have seen it, someone else would have!!!

:roll: Please do not get me wrong, I love my doctors...I just wish it all didn't cost so much!!! I have great insurance so I can't imagine what it is like for those of you who do not have good insurance or any at all!!! :oops:

I guess this is just how I keep from going crazy with the monthly bills and the doctors visits!!! I hope someone found some humor in this!!! :wink:

hippimom2
12-16-2005, 07:09 AM
I thought this was great Shannon :D . I like the idea of them having to pay us for our blood and urine!!!

hatlady
12-17-2005, 04:39 AM
:lol: That time my rheumy ordered tests that required EIGHT vials of blood AND a urine test....WOW! I'd have been rich! :D shanniefly, I wish you'd come up with this a LOT earlier!

The phleb was so overwhelmed that time :shock: at so many vials that she made me stay and drink water - like at the blood bank - and made sure someone else drove me home. A bit overkill - it would take about 40 vials to equal a pint of blood, I think. But the look on her face was priceless.

shanniefly
12-17-2005, 10:01 AM
Hatlady I agree with the overkill on that. I went to the Mayo Clinic, and they took, 30 vials of blood at once, and she watched me awhile. It was fasting so she did have me drink juice after, but it was nothing like a pint of blood...she assured me that in the past three months looking at my records, I had given 3 pints of blood, and my hemoglobin was low so they gave me my first transfussion.... :oops: Oh memories!!!

Also had to do at least 16 24 hour u's, so I too would me a rich woman!!! Funny how the doctors don't see this as funny, though I did get one to admit that they could potentionally use me as a write off because of the multipule things I have going on!!!

Peace out all!!!

Saysusie
12-19-2005, 08:18 AM
Oh!! I love the idea. I think all of us, over the course of this illness, have given up at least 8-10 gallons of blood and (due to the many 24 hr urine's) at least 60 gallons of urine. Think of how much money we'd have made. Enough to make a house payment, pay for a hospital stay, buy our kids the the car they needed, the uniforms they needed for various extracurricular activities they were involved in, paid off some debilitating bills, etc. etc. etc.

But, the truth is, if we do not give up our blood and our urine, they will not treat us!! Then, where would we be? The really sad part is: we cannot sell our blood to blood banks, because of our chronic illness, they don't want our blood. So, we are stuck and at the mercy of health care (which is more about money than care - most of the time!)

I still think that your idea is ingenious!!! :lol:
Saysusie