PDA

View Full Version : thank you moderators

steve.b
06-07-2011, 12:03 AM
the moderators recently had the unpleasant job of informing a member that they are banned.

i know this step was not taken lightly.
i know this is not easy to do, as we usually try to befriend everyone.

i wanted to say..............

thank you

for protecting us,and taking your position so seriously.

giggle
06-07-2011, 02:41 AM
I just had a little bit of a vent in another thread about this incident. I hope I wasn't out of place, but it has brought a lot of bad feelings to the surface. And I completely agree with you

THANK YOU MODS FOR PROTECTING US!

Much love!

Nonna
06-07-2011, 02:56 AM
I don't know what happened. But our moderators have always done they're best for us. So I will also say thank you

rob
06-07-2011, 03:59 AM
I just had a little bit of a vent in another thread about this incident. I hope I wasn't out of place, but it has brought a lot of bad feelings to the surface. And I completely agree with you

THANK YOU MODS FOR PROTECTING US!

Much love!

Your vent in that thread is not out of place at all. No worries.

And, thanks for the thank you Steve, Giggle, and Nonna.

Rob

kim,l
06-07-2011, 06:29 AM
thankyou rob for once again protecting even though i do not know what this is about i know you always have all our best interest at heart

lovedbyHim
06-07-2011, 12:14 PM
I"m not sure what it would take to be removed, but I know that thus far you are all incredibly loving and so very helpful to me when I need you the most. I believe that it is true that what goes around comes around. You all are so incredibly helpful, that I believe that the help will come back to you even more so. Thank you again for being here for me and so many!

tgal
06-07-2011, 12:23 PM
I"m not sure what it would take to be removed, but I know that thus far you are all incredibly loving and so very helpful to me when I need you the most. I believe that it is true that what goes around comes around. You all are so incredibly helpful, that I believe that the help will come back to you even more so. Thank you again for being here for me and so many!

Pay it forward! That is how I feel about it too!

As for what it takes to be banned...Ask anyone here it takes a lot and it happens very seldom. You don't need to worry

Peridot20_Gem
06-07-2011, 12:52 PM
Well this is the first time today i've seen this thread off Steve and i saw what was put as a sticky in a certain thread.

I've always been a person for giving full support and getting it back from genuine people the member's themselves and the moderators who are always so helpful in many ways and it's not nice to see member's banned through reasons but since knowing who as actually left, i know i should'nt say this but i feel relief on myself now, as i tried my hardest with this person and all i was getting was a challenge and mentally that's broke now.

It's a shame in one way because that's one thing you never really hear on this forum but otherwsie i personally have to thank you. xxx

lovedbyHim
06-07-2011, 12:55 PM
Good to know LOL. Yes you do "Pay it forward love." It's coming back.

chikititalinda
06-07-2011, 01:30 PM
Yes I must add a thank you myself. Im sorry if infact she is dealing with Lupus that she won't have a warm and caring place to come learn, vent, feel welcomed or even gently hugged but there was a sense of "uncomfortability" in my part since she started posting. I wish her the best I've always loved the way you guys make everyone feel, and I love coming on here even if its just to read and dont' post much. I've learned so much from all of you here!

magistramarla
06-07-2011, 08:00 PM
OK, whenever I'm gone for a few days, exciting things happen, so I'm completely clueless on this one.
However, I've been here long enough to have seen a few people "banned", so I know it must have been something pretty severe.
Hugs,
Marla

BonusMom
06-07-2011, 08:43 PM
I, too, missed the action, but know the mods don't take this action lightly.

Thanks for all that you do Mods and for keeping the forum a place where we all feel comfortable posting.

rob
06-07-2011, 08:48 PM
OK, whenever I'm gone for a few days, exciting things happen, so I'm completely clueless on this one.
However, I've been here long enough to have seen a few people "banned", so I know it must have been something pretty severe.
Hugs,
Marla

The person in question had many violations of the membership agreement. This person had 150 plus posts, and in a deliberate effort to really screw things up this person went and deleted every single post they had ever made here. It rendered a bunch of threads totally unreadable. Fortunately, I was able to un-delete all of the posts. This person also had more than one username and account. There were other violations of the M.A. that contributed to the ban, but the two I mentioned were the big ones.

Rob

magistramarla
06-07-2011, 08:51 PM
Some people need more help than we can offer. I hope that person gets to a professional.
Marla

Saysusie
06-07-2011, 08:57 PM
I, too, was away for a couple of days and, as usual, found that our Moderator's Rob and Tgal were ever diligent in their protection of WHL and our members. Everyone who responded to the banned member did their utmost to offer help and advice, they showed this member genuine concern and care. Unfortunately, all of those efforts were not received well by this member. It is my opinion that this person was not seeking help, there was something that she was searching for that was not in line with our core principles. Further, this person was not providing help, comfort, or care to others and, as such, was not an appropriate member for WHL.

I am thankful and grateful to Rob and Tgal..always! WHL was started for a specific reason and, as mentioned before, with essential core principles. Rob and Tgal are intuitively in line with those principles and they defend them valiantly. They both have my respect and gratitude!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

tgal
06-07-2011, 09:10 PM
I, too, was away for a couple of days and, as usual, found that our Moderator's Rob and Tgal were ever diligent in their protection of WHL and our members. Everyone who responded to the banned member did their utmost to offer help and advice, they showed this member genuine concern and care. Unfortunately, all of those efforts were not received well by this member. It is my opinion that this person was not seeking help, there was something that she was searching for that was not in line with our core principles. Further, this person was not providing help, comfort, or care to others and, as such, was not an appropriate member for WHL.

I am thankful and grateful to Rob and Tgal..always! WHL was started for a specific reason and, as mentioned before, with essential core principles. Rob and Tgal are intuitively in line with those principles and they defend them valiantly. They both have my respect and gratitude!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

That brought tears to my eyes. I keep trying to type a reply (as I have to other posts) but all I can find is "Thank you". Thank you to each and every person that understands that we do what we do to protect our family. Thank you to Susie and Rob for allowing me to be a part of keeping this place a haven for all of us.

rob
06-07-2011, 09:29 PM

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

Outside of WHL, I discovered that this person belongs to nearly two dozen health related forums and online support groups for every disease and malady under the sun. I read some frankly disturbing posts at these sites. I hope she gets help.

BonusMom
06-07-2011, 09:57 PM
The only reason someone has more than one user name, in my opinion, is if they're peddling something or up to no good.

Good riddance.

giggle
06-07-2011, 11:54 PM
Best moderators ever : )

Peridot20_Gem
06-08-2011, 06:42 AM
Outside of WHL, I discovered that this person belongs to nearly two dozen health related forums and online support groups for every disease and malady under the sun. I read some frankly disturbing posts at these sites. I hope she gets help.

Rob as time went on with her, i kept weighing the situation up and actually with all the threads mate and besides other sites, in my opinion she was just gathering information and she did actually push quite a few of us refering testing we and our condition's.

I think she's doing this for either some form of knowledge for preparing to write something or other in that situation, i may be wrong but that's the impression i got and by joining she's getting direct contact with member's.

rob
06-08-2011, 07:14 AM
Rob as time went on with her, i kept weighing the situation up and actually with all the threads mate and besides other sites, in my opinion she was just gathering information and she did actually push quite a few of us refering testing we and our condition's.

I think she's doing this for either some form of knowledge for preparing to write something or other in that situation, i may be wrong but that's the impression i got and by joining she's getting direct contact with member's.

Intentions are irrelevant. She attempted to deliberately damage the functionality of the website by deleting a total of 157 of her own posts. She turned over a dozen recent threads into nonsensical jibberish and rendered them unreadable. Fortunately, I was able to repair the damage.

What she did equates to cyber-vandalism. This is absolutely unacceptable conduct, and it will not be allowed on my watch, period.

Rob

Peridot20_Gem
06-08-2011, 08:06 AM
Intentions are irrelevant. She attempted to deliberately damage the functionality of the website by deleting a total of 157 of her own posts. She turned over a dozen recent threads into nonsensical jibberish and rendered them unreadable. Fortunately, I was able to repair the damage.

What she did equates to cyber-vandalism. This is absolutely unacceptable conduct, and it will not be allowed on my watch, period.

RobRob,

It is bad what she did and unacceptable and all i can do is thank you for getting all those threads saved and working so hard on it.

Terry

tgal
06-08-2011, 10:00 AM

I too feel the need to weigh in here. I have to disagree with you about this. That may be the excuse that she gave you but what I saw was different in the threads. She was making statements that could of caused other members of our family harm. I had been watching her for awhile and had actually been getting requests in my PM to ban her and lock threads by other members long before it happened. Due to my (and Rob and Susie's) belief in Free Speech it was not done earlier. If you are correct and she was writing a book I have even less respect for her because, coming from someone that fights this disease daily, I don't take kindly to someone faking it. I will say this Terri, what you say makes some sense because someone who has this disease would never suggest that sunbathing with their daughter was simply "a bonding experience".

There was no "gathering of information" there was passing out of bad information and there was arguing over valid information in every thread she commented on. It is one thing to ask questions or come to the table with real information. It is another thing to completely ignore any information offered to you all the while still inserting information that could be damaging to new members or to people that simply read. I won't even get into all the things that happened after the initial banning. I will just 2nd Rob in saying that many forum rules were broken and I too will stand by every action taken

lacey50
06-08-2011, 11:09 AM
I have no idea who this person is or what all went on, but I do know that this is the best forum I have ever been on, and she apparently does not belong here. Our moderators are the best. Each of you desire all our praise and thanks for all you do to keep WHL the site to come to for advice and encouragement. God Bless each of you.

rob
06-08-2011, 12:16 PM
I want to thank you all for the kind words and comments you've made about the staff here. Most of the time, being a moderator is an incredibly easy job, thanks in no small part to all of you. But, once in a while, something goes wrong, and we as mods face a difficult decision in regards to a person who we would much rather help, than take disciplinary action towards. That's the other side of the job, and for the benefit of the greater good of the site and it's members, we sometimes have to ban someone we've interacted with, and even may have liked.

At this point, there's not much left to say, so I think we should end this discussion, and move on. If anyone does have a question or concern directly related to this that they feel is important, you can always PM Saysusie, Tgal, or myself and we'll be happy to address your concerns. Once again, thank you guys for being so supportive, and thank you for making this website so much more than simple words on a page.

Rob

Saysusie
06-08-2011, 04:08 PM
Rob; I agree that we can end the discussion on this issue now.
Family members, Please , if you need information or have any further questions, contact me, Rob or Tgal by PM and we will be more than happy to address your concerns or questions. Aside from that, I am going to close this thread now.
Thank you all for your support of our efforts to keep WHL a safe place for everyone here!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie