PDA

View Full Version : Anyone on a weight loss diet?

craftkeeper
06-05-2011, 12:44 PM
Hey folks, i was just wondering if anyone on here is on a weight loss program of any kind. I dont seem to have any renal problems with my Lupus at this point, so i have just recently started low carbing. Was just wondering if anyone of you seasoned Lupies have any thoughts on this or better diets. I am desperate to lose 50 pounds.. Any help would be great. Thanks

tgal
06-05-2011, 12:49 PM
I am actually doing a modified Atkins to help with my seizures and thankfully it is working on weight loss as well. The one thing to remember with any diet is that it has to be a new way of life not just a quick fix. Make sure you talk with your doctor before starting any weight loss program as you need to make sure it is OK with your meds. Other then that I just say GOOD LUCK!

Nonna
06-05-2011, 05:06 PM
At this point I'm using an app called "Lose It". You enter a goal weight and current weight and it gives you a calories count. You log what you eat. I find you eat correctly and less when you write down what you eat. The diabetic diet of high protein and low carbs usually works

lizbond36
06-05-2011, 05:50 PM
I am on lupus Meds one of the side efforts and lost over 10 pounds. Mari thanks for replying back to me on the weight issues :-)
Hugs
Liz