PDA

View Full Version : Confirmation call???

Toradoradi
06-04-2011, 11:54 PM
Just realized today that I had a doctors app with my rheumy this last Thursday... Usually they call the day before to confirm but no Phone call from them on wednesday.... It's my 3rd app with him and it was to check on the meds and make sure they're working. My meds are almost out and it was my last refill... That's why I had to see him. Maybe it's for this thursday and I had written down wrong?? I made the appointment 2 months ago.... Gah I hope they can schedule me in again soon if I did end up missing it. I don't want the last three months to go to waste because I couldn't remember when my appointment was and they didn't call me...I need to see about refilling plaquinel until I can see him...

Linda From Australia
06-05-2011, 12:01 AM
Gee what a pain, hopefully you can get in soon

tgal
06-05-2011, 12:03 AM
Oh I don't know where I would be without the confirmation calls! I will keep my fingers crossed that you get in quickly~

steve.b
06-05-2011, 12:37 AM
this sounds so familiar.
many of us miss our appointments.
many more dont miss because of the confirmation calls.

of course i am perfect and never miss anything
i wish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lovedbyHim
06-05-2011, 02:35 AM
I pray they will be kind and allow you to have a refill & new appt. Brain fog causes me all kinds of confusion. Thank goodness my supervisor at work is naturally ADD! Good luck.

SandyR
06-06-2011, 06:46 AM
Just realized today that I had a doctors app with my rheumy this last Thursday... Usually they call the day before to confirm but no Phone call from them on wednesday.... It's my 3rd app with him and it was to check on the meds and make sure they're working. My meds are almost out and it was my last refill... That's why I had to see him. Maybe it's for this thursday and I had written down wrong?? I made the appointment 2 months ago.... Gah I hope they can schedule me in again soon if I did end up missing it. I don't want the last three months to go to waste because I couldn't remember when my appointment was and they didn't call me...I need to see about refilling plaquinel until I can see him...

this happens to me all the time. Just last week, in fact. if you didn't already, give them a call and find out if you missed and need to reschedule or just had the date wrong.

Toradoradi
06-06-2011, 06:59 PM
Thanks all. I was just irritated they didn't call me about it! I did end up missing the appointment and I had to call them three times before I could schedule another ones since obviously they don't listen to their messages. The lady I talked to said that the receptionist was on vacation? Do you not have another one?? I wonder how many other people missed their appointments that day...well I got it reschedule for June 30th since apparently my doctor is going on vacation this month. Hm awesome. Hopefully he will be kind enough to refill my prescription... I only have 3 pills left. We shall see I suppose. Thanks again for listening to my gripping about dumb doctor stuff.