PDA

View Full Version : hello, I am new to this website

luv1only63
06-04-2011, 08:52 PM
My name is Janice and I am 63 recently diagnosed with lupus. I still do not know how to explain this disease to my family and friends. Hoping to network and join a support group in the Raleigh/Durham, NC area.

tgal
06-04-2011, 09:00 PM
HI Janice! I am so glad that you decided to join our WHL Family! This is a difficult thing to understand even after years. I am going to give you something called "The Spoon Theory". It was written by someone with Lupus as she tried to explain it to her friends. I hope it helps you some. I really look forward to getting to know you.

The Spoon Theory (http://www.butyoudontlooksick.com/articles/written-by-christine/the-spoon-theory-written-by-christine-miserandino/)

magistramarla
06-04-2011, 09:06 PM
Hi Janice,
Welcome to WHL. Be sure to check out the threads here and read the "stickys" at the tops of the threads. Those might help a lot. Feel free to ask questions and join in on the threads. Many of us love to "talk".
BTW, I love your area. My daughter graduated from Duke. Our trip there was lovely.
Hugs,
Marla

luv1only63
06-04-2011, 09:10 PM
thank you, i look forward to reading the info

luv1only63
06-04-2011, 09:11 PM
well i am trying to get acquainted with the site and how to use it. thank you

steve.b
06-04-2011, 10:01 PM
hi and welcome

Linda From Australia
06-04-2011, 11:22 PM
If you have time, pop into chat and if you have anything in particular you want to talk about, we can send you some links to start off your education

Peridot20_Gem
06-05-2011, 02:19 AM
Hello Janice,

Lovely to have you with us in our lovely family of the WHL and venture through the threads and there's so much to learn from the disease but there's always a better way to explain to your family click on the site and let them see the threads to understand your diagnosis.

It will be nice getting to know you besides hearing your story of diagnosis and we're all here to support one another your not alone.

Hugs Terri xxx

lovedbyHim
06-05-2011, 03:15 AM
Hello Janice I am new here too! These folks are wonderful! I have used the "spoon theory" to help others understand. Unfortunately there have been some folks who never accept my limitations. I have learned to let go of what others may think and just be the best "new me" that I can be. Bless you on this new journey.

rob
06-05-2011, 08:15 AM
Hello Janice. Welcome to WHL!

Rob

~LUVMYFLOWERS~
06-06-2011, 02:30 AM
Hello Janice, And welcome to WHL! So glad to have you here.
Make your self at home. Wishing you a great day! ~Diane~

Peridot20_Gem
06-11-2011, 05:09 PM
Hello Janice,

How you feeing in yourself since joining and i hope tomorrow is abit less pain free.

Keep we all updated please.

Terri xxx