PDA

View Full Version : When does your fatigue hit you?

lizbond36
06-04-2011, 08:37 PM
I thought I ask about this question. My fatigue hits me after 1:00PM Central time :-)

So when does your fatigue hit you?

Hugs
Liz

magistramarla
06-04-2011, 08:41 PM
Liz,
It usually hits me the day after I've overdone it. Then, I'll be dragging from the moment I wake up until I go to sleep.
Unfortunately, I tend to overdo it often.
Hugs,
Marla

tgal
06-04-2011, 08:42 PM
No set time for me. As marla said it always hits when I overdo it but when I am in a flare it can last for days.

steve.b
06-04-2011, 09:55 PM
mine usually starts, about 1/2 an hour after the activity.

if i overdo it, then like marla, the next day is a write off.

Linda From Australia
06-04-2011, 11:20 PM
Mine hit about a week ago, first on Tuesday at about 1pm, then on Wednesday at 9am, then on Thursday at 5am and hasn't left me since.

Shaztwirl
06-05-2011, 01:55 AM
1pm is a familiar time to me also. That's on a good day. On a day like today it hit me as soon as I opened my eyes. I had 2 days at the end of last week where I felt good and tried to make the most of it. Yesterday and today I am paying big time for that. Even holding my arms in position to type is hard work. One sentence then a break. So enough from me.

lovedbyHim
06-05-2011, 02:29 AM
If I have had a lot of pain & it wears me down, anytime. If I had a a rushed stressful day, I am wiped out the next day. Fatigue is hard for me to accept as I used to be a long distance runner and a very hard worker. Now I am like a fragile flower. Lol

ruziska
06-05-2011, 07:46 AM
mine hits whenever it darn well feels like it. I can, with all certainty, count on it hitting around 9 pm and again, whenever it darn well feels like it throughout the day.

rob
06-05-2011, 08:14 AM
Mine is either there in the morning when I get up, or it isn't. I can tell for sure about an hour after I get up. I either can think straight and my legs are like springs, or my head is full of muck and I feel like I'm made of lead (and I'm a grouch).

lizbond36
06-05-2011, 08:41 AM
mmmm so my understanding this isn't an every day thing right? I deal with this every day. Thanks for your inputs ;-)

Bonita
06-05-2011, 08:44 AM
Anytime it darn well pleases. Cannot do a thing about it except to est. Bonita

tgal
06-05-2011, 09:25 AM
That isn't quite true liz. When in a flare mine is every day. When not in a flare I may have good days. A lot of it depends on what shape you are in (Lupus wise) and how the meds are working. I am in one of the worst flares I have ever had. It is going on 3 months and my doctor nor I am happy about it. I go in, he gives me a big shot of steroids, ups my daily steroid dose, adds methotrexate and I feel pretty good for about two week. Then the bottom falls out. I go back in and he is not happy that the shot only lasted a few day and gives me another (after telling me that usually they don't give this but every 3 months but there is no choice because of how bad this flare it), we adjust my daily steroids and up the MTX and round and round we go.

You should not have to live with the constant fatigue. If you get the meds right you will have some good days. A state of constant fatigue means that the disease is not being controlled so I would talk to your doctor

bunny28
06-05-2011, 05:54 PM
Mine hit daily about 2pm before I started taking meds. I recently went through a period as Mari described where I had more good days than bad days. Honestly, it was the first time in years I felt like myself. Unfortunately, about a month ago, I got sick and it just seems that my body is back to almost constant fatigue again. I am hoping my doctor will suggest something when I see him next week. To be honest, now, I get tired even earlier. THe other day we went to Walmart for about an hour in the morning (after I slept in) and I needed a 2 hour nap upon our return. Talk to your doctor about it. I hope they can do something.l

ritzbit
06-05-2011, 06:06 PM
Between 5-7 everyday I am about useless. I feel really wore out. It actually always seems worsen when I eat. Weird? I dont know but thats how it is everyday.

debbie-b
06-05-2011, 09:19 PM
Mostly after 2PM, but sometimes all day, when I am flaring.
Some days I get up in the morning and all I have is morning stiffness, but then at about 2pm, out of the blue, I feel this debilitating fatigue. It feels like somebody let the air out of the balloon. So bad, I can barely walk.
What I have noticed lately, is that with the fatigue, my brain fog gets much worse.

Debbie

lizbond36
06-06-2011, 05:27 AM
Mari you said "SHOTS"?? U have to be kidding me. I hate needles I hope I can skip this :-( I call my doctor and ask him about it. Thank you all for your input still a newbie lupus so anything helps.
Hugs
Liz

steve.b
06-06-2011, 05:54 AM
liz,
many of our medications can be taken orally or injected.
i do not have any injections either.

Angel Oliver
06-06-2011, 06:00 AM
Never leaves me:)xxxxx

SandyR
06-06-2011, 06:34 AM
habitually in the mornings on the day after a long day (especially before coffee) or around 3 or 4 and any time else that it pretty much pleases.

tgal
06-06-2011, 10:15 AM
Mari you said "SHOTS"?? U have to be kidding me. I hate needles I hope I can skip this :-( I call my doctor and ask him about it. Thank you all for your input still a newbie lupus so anything helps.
Hugs
Liz

LOL Liz! It is so funny how our perception changes! I am fighting myself NOT to go back and ask for another steroid shot! When you are in a flare often times the doctor will give you a long acting dose of steroids. It kind of helps east the flare and helps your daily meds not have to work so hard to bring you out of it (that is the idea anyway). There are other meds that can be given in shot form or orally but please know that most of the time these are your choices.

Don't fear! No one is going to chase you around with needles!!

lizbond36
06-06-2011, 10:43 AM
If anyone chase me with pointy objects be warned I have walking stick and I am not afraid to use them LOL. Just the thought........ Where is the brain fog when I need it LOL

Tracyl50
06-07-2011, 03:21 PM
mine hits when i overdo it then it can last for a few days!! but i am tired all the time..