PDA

View Full Version : Dizzy and clumsy/ How long is a flare?

jothebrit
12-13-2005, 09:58 PM
Has anyone else had any lightheadedness? I'm taking Plaquinil and Prednisone right now and often almost fall, especially when going up stairs or on uneven ground. It just makes you feel really clumsy, and normally I recover pretty quick.
Also I have a question about how long flares normally last, how do you know you are in remission. When I first read about flares and remission I thought a flare would last a couple of days or maybe two to three weeks and then you would go into remission for a couple of months.
I've been feeling awful since July and I just wondered is all this one flare or a series of them, there are days in between I feel better, especially after starting the prednisone. I have just cut my dose in half and feel like a lot of the symptoms are coming back. (Except for the brain fog- I still think that was prednisone related).
Anyway thanks for listening again, and I hope everyone has a merry Christmas.
Jo

shanniefly
12-13-2005, 11:59 PM
Sorry to hear you are having a rough time of it!!! Lupus is a crazy thing...it can flare any time it likes, and last as long as it wants. I had a flare that lasted 4 years once. To acctually have your Lupus in remission, it means that all your numbers/test come back good. Sometimes you can feel good and be in a flare, and other times you can feel horrible, and be in remission.
It at least keeps one guessing!!! Do be careful with the prednisone though. It can acctually make you have a lot of symptoms also.

I hope you start to feel better, and Merry Christmas to you too!!!

TracyDawn
12-14-2005, 08:57 AM
I get the clumsy part too. My dh is forever asking me where this bruise or that bruise came from and I have no clue. I have one on my shin right now and no idea how it got there. I have to be really careful on the stairs here at work cause sometimes it feels like they are rising up to meet me LOL especially when going down them. It's kind of scary sometimes.
As for flares, I think we are all different and it just depends on our bodies. I know for me, my labs don't indicate when I am feeling awful. I just had them done and 2 days after I was soooo sick for over a week and my labs came back NORMAL! Sometimes I do have several good days in a row and then everything creeps back on me and can last for days or even weeks.
I'm sorry to hear you've been so sick for so long. Hopefully it'll ease up soon. Just make sure you get plenty of rest and listen to your body.

catlady4520
12-14-2005, 04:05 PM
I agree with everyone on this board..unfortunately lupus has a mind of it's own and it can flare as often or as long as it wants to! Kind of like teenagers! I have an 18 yr old so I speak from experience. Hang in there and keep in touch with your dr!