PDA

View Full Version : Blood tests/work

iseedeadmonkeys
06-03-2011, 08:12 AM
Hello everyone i hope u are all having a really good friday.

I want to urge everyone who has to like me have blood tests every few weeks not to forget, even if you feel ill and cant go out, please please make sure you get it done.

I missed 2 blood test days coz of not being well and over the last week nearly lost my life because of this, i was on a very high dose of imuran and when i went to the dermo they changed me to cellcept because i was one more dose away from a bone marrow transplant...i thought i felt a little off and was very tired but i put this down to the lupus.

If in doubt get your self checked out

much love

ISDM

Gizmo
06-03-2011, 09:38 AM
Glad you are OK now, maybe? It is tempting sometimes to let things slide. A good reminder to us all!

SandyR
06-03-2011, 10:46 AM
Janie I am so glad to read this from you and not as it could have been a story with a different ending from Normski. Did she give you a good talking to for this? I know you guys must have been scared. I'm so so so so so so glad you are ok and that you went to the dr. Don't scare us like that again, ok? xoxo

Saysusie
06-03-2011, 09:13 PM
OMGoodness; I am so glad that you are OK! Thank you, so much, for posting this (especially since I've missed three doctor's appointments due to my flare-up) to remind us that it is very important to keep our appointments and to get our labs done.

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

tgal
06-03-2011, 09:26 PM
What a great reminder! Thank you!

magistramarla
06-04-2011, 09:46 PM
Jane,
I am so glad that this was caught in time and that you are ok.
I just got my blood work done on Thursday. It was the first time since October! Now, don't yell at me! My dumb rheumy doesn't see any need to check blood work any more often. She recently wouldn't renew my MTX prescription, either. I'm thinking that I'll just accept that and stay off of it until I go back to my responsible rheumy who actually checked my blood every four weeks.
Be sure that you keep up on those labs and take care of yourself.
Hugs,
Marla