PDA

View Full Version : Movies, Movies, Movies

Glibby
05-30-2011, 02:17 AM
I'm tired of talking about Lupus. lol I've had enough for a couple of days so I'd like to learn more about the people here in interesting ways. Not just by asking, "what are your favorite movies" but I thought maybe a thread with movie reviews would be cool. I'm a huge movie person and I love turning people on to small gems that maybe didn't get the chance they deserved in theaters or maybe they never even made it to theaters. I watch everything though....chick flicks, mmmmm not so much. Yes, I do realize I am a female, but yuck with the date movies. Give me explosions or a really good drama that touches you so much that you are still thinking about it a week later.

So, how about if you go to the movies, rent something, stream something from netflix, or illeagally download something cool(most of you are guilty of this...I'm sure of it. Don't deny!) leave your review here. Yes? I'd love to hear other people opinions on everything from indie movies, dramas, artsy, foreign, action, to older classics, even chick flicks. I'm open minded, I guess. lol If there is something you think we must see...give us the review!! Heck, if there is something you hated....give us the review. Share please!!

I am about to leave work so I'll post some later when I get home. I got behind on movies so I went for ones that got some oscar recognition and one that didn't. So, I'll be back with my opinions on Black Swan, Blue Valentine, and I am number 4(I know, deep stuff lol)

Have a gorgeous day!

Nonna
05-30-2011, 04:03 AM
I'm a ScFy fan,and believe it or not I buy my DVDs because I watch the movies several times, put them on the shelf and 6 mos to a year come back and watch it again. I've got 30 or more now plus the entire Bablyon 5 collection , the old Battlestar Galactica and working on the new. I have gene rodenberry's Earth 2 also. Action movies are another favorite and i'm collecting the comic book movies also.

I think I am pretty well rounded as I also have some comedy and Steele Magnolias

hugs and good thoughts

Linda From Australia
05-30-2011, 04:14 AM
Just a thought I had. Another one of those 'Brilliant Linda' ideas.
One of the benefits of having Lupus, is that when you watch a movie, your brain is so foggy that you can watch it again and never be bored.
Sorry to ruin your thread by mentioning that swear word that starts with L and ends with S

Glibby
05-30-2011, 04:25 AM
I'm a ScFy fan,and believe it or not I buy my DVDs because I watch the movies several times, put them on the shelf and 6 mos to a year come back and watch it again. I've got 30 or more now plus the entire Bablyon 5 collection , the old Battlestar Galactica and working on the new. I have gene rodenberry's Earth 2 also. Action movies are another favorite and i'm collecting the comic book movies also.

I think I am pretty well rounded as I also have some comedy and Steele Magnolias

hugs and good thoughts

You know...I like Sci-fi but it's really hard for me to find ones that I like. I think the sccyfy channel has ruined this for me. Their movies suck, IMO. BUT...I am hardcore Star Wars if that counts for anything...and you can often find me doing the vulcan salute in pics even though I'm not a huge star trek fan. It just with my geeky chic swag...therefore I do it. lol

I will admit...I love Steel Magnolias. I'm from the south I have to. heehee

And i like collecting dvd series also. Not sci fi but I am working on getting Dexter, True Blood, and Six Feet Under(I wore the entire series out. There will never be another show like it...ever.)

Can you suggest something sci-fi that I might never have seen before? I like a lot of older stuff if that helps.

Glibby
05-30-2011, 04:28 AM
One of the benefits of having Lupus, is that when you watch a movie, your brain is so foggy that you can watch it again and never be bored.
Sorry to ruin your thread by mentioning that swear word that starts with L and ends with S

LOL!!!! That's too funny. Nooo, you didn't ruin the thread. I'm happy to hear from everyone. Lupus does define a lot in our lives...so I guess we will never really get away from it regardless of subject mater. hehe

And that is sooooo true about being able to watch movies over and over and not get bored. Keeps my dvd rental costs down, that's for sure.

Glibby
05-30-2011, 05:55 AM
The Black Swan

Well, I wanted to see this movie because of all the buzz that surrounded it during the award season...and hey, Natalie Portman won an oscar for her portrayal of ballerina, Nina Sayers. You can't go wrong, right? Oh yes you can. Very wrong. Over the cliff and into the ravine wrong.

Perhaps my expectations were too high. Maybe the fact that I am flaring has something to do with it. Or maybe, just maybe...the movie downright sucked. My vote is for the latter.

Without giving any spoilers, the movie is about Nina Sayers(Portman), who is a member of some nameless ballet company in some city(I have no idea where, that's how uninterested this movie had me)who is mousy, meek, timid, appears to be weak but is supposedly an awesome technical dancer. The art director played by Vincent Cassel decides he wants to do I guess a more organic rendition of Swan Lake and he decides to replace his lead ballerina who is older and washed up(Winona Ryder) with this timid Nina character. Out of nowhere there is the antagonist Lily(played by Mila Kunis from that 70s show, Book of Eli). There's no back story on this character she just appears out of nowhere which is San Diego, lol. That's about all we know about Lily..that, and that she is a replacement for another ballerina; who knows o.0 Mr. Art director decides that while Nina is an excellent "white swan" her inhibitions will not allow her to really grasp the role of the "black swan." So, you are led to believe she is going to have to dig deep and do some self discovery in order to bring out the darker aspects of her personality. Simple enough concept, right?

Should have been, but director Darren Aronofsky takes us on a weird schizophrenic acid trip that was so blatantly in your face I didn't appreciate it at all. I don't like for a director to film a movie in such a way they are telling you what you are seeing or what you should think about a certain scene. This movie is also so full of cliches I wouldn't know where to begin. Protagonist wears white; Antagonist wears black; Protagonist is conflicted..she now wears gray. *rolls eyes* Nina you need to let your inhibitions go. Cue perverted art director who suggests things of a sexual nature to lower her inhibitions. What? Grappling with your dark side must also mean getting freaky with the antagonist in the story too. I'm not sure how this plays into getting in touch with her "black swan". BTW, that scene was totally overrated, I don't know what all the fuss was about; it was a pg-13 at best. She tells her overbearing mother(Barbara Hershey. Where has she been since Beaches? lol) to get bent. Wow. She's a rebel. The special effects were just weird; there was no place for them. I wasn't sure if what I was seeing was movie reality, or her reality/ perception of things most of the time. There is a time and place for warped point of views but through an entire movie based on ballet? Really? I am getting fatigued just thinking about it.

The dance scenes were mediocre at best. What you got were a bunch of close ups of Natalie Portman's face which is pretty bland most of the time. She never changes her expressions. She is either weepy or stoic looking throughout. Natalie Portman, I soooo do not like your face right now as I am tired of it. Stereotypes ran rampant throughout the film also....I'm pretty sure a lot of ballet dancers were offended by how dance companies were portrayed.

All in all it seems like Aronofsky wanted to pass this movie off as some abstract art house flick which it IS NOT. It's just a souped up teen horror film..nothing more. You know what it reminded me of? A remake of a Japanese horror film....but not as good. lol

I don't know folks, this movie gets 2 out of 10 stars from me. It gets 1 point for cinematography; it was shot beautifully. Another point for Tchaikovsky. In other words it gets my official rating of "FFD" (friggin' failure deluxe) It did not live up to the hype.

If you want to see an awesome Darren Aronofsky film, my suggestion would be "The Wrestler" which was 10 times better than this piece o' crap. I want my $1 rental fee and 1 1/2 hours back. PLEASE.

This is merely my opinion. I'm aware there are other people who enjoyed this movie immensely. Not sure why they liked it...but they do exist. lol

rob
05-30-2011, 07:32 AM
You know...I like Sci-fi but it's really hard for me to find ones that I like. I think the sccyfy channel has ruined this for me. Their movies suck, IMO. BUT...I am hardcore Star Wars if that counts for anything...and you can often find me doing the vulcan salute in pics even though I'm not a huge star trek fan. It just with my geeky chic swag...therefore I do it. lol

The "re-imagined" Battlestar Galactica television series with Edward James Olmos was really some edgy and awesome stuff. Rent the two part miniseries that started it all, and you may just find yourself addicted.

As for movies, James Cameron has the magic touch when it comes to sci-fi films. Aliens, T-2, and Avatar are great films.

The newest Star Trek film directed by JJ Abrams is a fine film, and the 2nd Trek film The Wrath of Khan is the best of the old Trek movies. First Contact is the best of the Next Generation films.

Another great sci-fi film is the movie Contact, which has a stellar cast and is based on the book by the late Carl Sagan.

Rob

PS-Many people didn't like the Star Wars prequels, but I absolutely loved all three of them. Darth Maul was one badass Sith Lord with that double ended light saber!

Nonna
05-30-2011, 07:46 AM
My movies are older; Matthew McM......... Can't spell hid last name, you know the guy from Texas(Mari help me out). Anyway he's a pretty versitile actor. I liked his Derek Pitt in Sahara; he was funny in "Failure to Launch" (that was a funny movie- I enjoyed it; Terry Bradshaw in the nude.....). He was also great in "Fool's Gold". Donald Sutherland was hilarious. Highly recommend this one.

All six Star Wars Movies are great. Of the Star Trek movies. Original cast, 4 is the best; 5 is the most ify.

Sean Connery is better aged....
First saw him in an old Disney movie- Finnegan's Rainbow with Fred Astaire. Then the James Bond movies.
But I like him best in raiders 3, hunt for red October and the legion of extraordinary gentlemen.

That's it for now.

Glibby you hit one of my favorite things to do- no satellite dish and no cable here

Peridot20_Gem
05-30-2011, 07:54 AM
Nonna, i quite agree there mate Sean connery is better aged.

When i do watch the box instead of reading, i like watching true life movies and also sci-fi but i can never get enough of Aliens, briliant films and when they're on all i get off my hubby is not those again. lol

Good subject Glibby if it floats your mind from Lupus.

ritzbit
05-30-2011, 08:01 AM
I love movies! This weekend I watched Because I said so and the Mechanice. Both were very good movies. Too tired to think of more to say on them lol

Glibby
05-30-2011, 08:07 AM
The "re-imagined" Battlestar Galactica television series with Edward James Olmos was really some edgy and awesome stuff. Rent the two part miniseries that started it all, and you may just find yourself addicted.

As for movies, James Cameron has the magic touch when it comes to sci-fi films. Aliens, T-2, and Avatar are great films.

The newest Star Trek film directed by JJ Abrams is a fine film, and the 2nd Trek film The Wrath of Khan is the best of the old Trek movies. First Contact is the best of the Next Generation films.

Another great sci-fi film is the movie Contact, which has a stellar cast and is based on the book by the late Carl Sagan.

Rob

PS-Many people didn't like the Star Wars prequels, but I absolutely loved all three of them. Darth Maul was one badass Sith Lord with that double ended light saber!

Oh bleeeeeeeeeh. Screw any Star Wars purist out there. The prequels were good in my book. I was all about Duel of the Fates when Phantom Menace came out. My son was a lot younger then and I actually went to a midnight showing of it and dressed him up as Anakin. Haha.

Darth Maul rocks my world, Jar Jar Not so much. lol A little less Binx and a lot more Maul would have been just fine with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaiEHNv2g6w

Oh yes...contact....I enjoyed that movie immensely. Haven't seen it in awhile.

Nonna
05-30-2011, 08:07 AM
[QUOTE=rob;87391]The "re-imagined" Battlestar Galactica television series with Edward James Olmos was really some edgy and awesome stuff. Rent the two part miniseries that started it all, and you may just find yourself addicted.

Rob

PS-Many people didn't like the Star Wars prequels, but I absolutely loved all three of them. Darth Maul was one badass Sith Lord with that double ended light saber![/QUOTE

Rob, you are so right. I do like the revamped BG too. And the prequel star wars- Lucas has better tracking on where he's headed with these and better techno.

Gizmo
05-30-2011, 08:14 AM
I'm not a big Sci-Fi fan. I like movies that make me laugh and feel good afterward. If I hum the soundtrack all day, it's even better.

My very favorite is a mindless chick flick, I'm sorry - I love Mama Mia. It makes me want to dance and the middle age women in there are pretty amazing.
Juno is another great movie - brutally honest, funny, a little uncomfortable sometimes, great soundtrack and ultimately a happy ending.
The Invention of Lying is a very thought provoking and funny movie. I would not recommend it for devoutly Christian folks, though. Not really a feel good movie, but the premise is one I chewed on for a few days afterwards.

Glibby
05-30-2011, 08:26 AM
My movies are older; Matthew McM......... Can't spell hid last name, you know the guy from Texas(Mari help me out). Anyway he's a pretty versitile actor. I liked his Derek Pitt in Sahara; he was funny in "Failure to Launch" (that was a funny movie- I enjoyed it; Terry Bradshaw in the nude.....). He was also great in "Fool's Gold". Donald Sutherland was hilarious. Highly recommend this one.

All six Star Wars Movies are great. Of the Star Trek movies. Original cast, 4 is the best; 5 is the most ify.

Sean Connery is better aged....
First saw him in an old Disney movie- Finnegan's Rainbow with Fred Astaire. Then the James Bond movies.
But I like him best in raiders 3, hunt for red October and the legion of extraordinary gentlemen.

That's it for now.

Glibby you hit one of my favorite things to do- no satellite dish and no cable here

Haha, Matthew Mc is what I call him. I loved him ever since "Dazed and Confused" Alright, alright, alriiiiiggghhhht.

His brother, Rooster used to live about 18 miles from me some years back....not sure where he lives now. But a friend of mine used to go out drinking and getting rowdy with Rooster supposedly. I dunno, I never heard Matthew was around so I was never interested in hanging out with a celebs brother. And that's even if my friend was telling the truth...I don't know why he would lie about it, though. lol From what I hear, Rooster got around. lol

Oh, and are you talking about Finian's Rainbow? I remember watching that movie a long time ago late at night when I had the chicken pox. lol

Glibby
05-30-2011, 08:38 AM
I'm not a big Sci-Fi fan. I like movies that make me laugh and feel good afterward. If I hum the soundtrack all day, it's even better.

My very favorite is a mindless chick flick, I'm sorry - I love Mama Mia. It makes me want to dance and the middle age women in there are pretty amazing.
Juno is another great movie - brutally honest, funny, a little uncomfortable sometimes, great soundtrack and ultimately a happy ending.
The Invention of Lying is a very thought provoking and funny movie. I would not recommend it for devoutly Christian folks, though. Not really a feel good movie, but the premise is one I chewed on for a few days afterwards.

Yeah, Mamma Mia is a total chick flick...but what gives the movie a pass is the fact that it's full of ABBA songs. They are my guilty pleasure, I can't help it. Another movie that came out before Mamma Mia full of Abba songs was Muriel's Wedding. Some might consider it a chick flick but I thought it was more of a dark comedy. Toni Collette and Rachael Griffiths are absolutely divine in that movie. I'll admit to seeing that movie no less than 100 times and not because I'm obsessed with getting married...I'm quite the opposite of Muriel. No church bells for me, thank you very much.

Glibby
05-30-2011, 08:41 AM
I love movies! This weekend I watched Because I said so and the Mechanice. Both were very good movies. Too tired to think of more to say on them lol

Well, come back and give us some more when you're not so tired. hehe *.*

rob
05-30-2011, 09:10 AM
Speaking of sci-fi,

The Matrix is another good sci-fi flick. One of the more exciting aspects of my former career was the opportunity to build prop guns for a couple of films, including the gatling gun (it's an M-134 Minigun) that Keanu Reeves fires from the door of a Huey helicopter in the first Matrix movie-

Click for Full Sized Image-

Glibby
05-30-2011, 09:20 AM
Speaking of sci-fi,

The Matrix is another good sci-fi flick. One of the more exciting aspects of my former career was the opportunity to build prop guns for a couple of films, including the gatling gun (it's an M-134 Minigun) that Keanu Reeves fires from the door of a Huey helicopter in the first Matrix movie-

Click for Full Sized Image-

Oh wow...really?! That IS pretty kick-us. Now I can say I know who made that gun. lol

tgal
05-30-2011, 09:29 AM
I'm tired of talking about Lupus. lol I've had enough for a couple of days so I'd like to learn more about the people here in interesting ways. Not just by asking, "what are your favorite movies" but I thought maybe a thread with movie reviews would be cool. I'm a huge movie person and I love turning people on to small gems that maybe didn't get the chance they deserved in theaters or maybe they never even made it to theaters. I watch everything though....chick flicks, mmmmm not so much. Yes, I do realize I am a female, but yuck with the date movies. Give me explosions or a really good drama that touches you so much that you are still thinking about it a week later.

So, how about if you go to the movies, rent something, stream something from netflix, or illeagally download something cool(most of you are guilty of this...I'm sure of it. Don't deny!) leave your review here. Yes? I'd love to hear other people opinions on everything from indie movies, dramas, artsy, foreign, action, to older classics, even chick flicks. I'm open minded, I guess. lol If there is something you think we must see...give us the review!! Heck, if there is something you hated....give us the review. Share please!!

I am about to leave work so I'll post some later when I get home. I got behind on movies so I went for ones that got some oscar recognition and one that didn't. So, I'll be back with my opinions on Black Swan, Blue Valentine, and I am number 4(I know, deep stuff lol)

Have a gorgeous day!

I am not going to say I am tired of Lupus because that is what we are here for. To help those that need help. However...we are all people and as you can tell by my music post, I don't believe we are simply our disease. I agree, let's get to know everyone and this is a great post. Not sure how much I will review the movies but I have a few off the wall favorites I will suggest.

Great Idea!!!

tgal
05-30-2011, 09:32 AM

LOL That is what I tell my daughter all the time! I love the shows Law and Order SVU and Criminal Minds. My daughter said one day "Do you want to watch this one again? We have seen it so many times". I said "yeah, cause I don't know how it ends!" LoL Too funny

tgal
05-30-2011, 10:02 AM
Matthew McConaughey is his name and he is a really good actor. Sean Connery OMG. Yeah, that is all I can say. LOL He was always my Movie star crush and he is aging very well

Lot's of great movies have been brought up! I enjoy Sci-fi movies and The original and TNG were my favorite of the Star Wars group. I think the problem with the original Star Trek and the original Star Wars is that it doesn't transfer into our time very well. Special Effects have come such a long way that any old movie looks stupid today (5 seconds of Jaws is the perfect example). I have never seen the First 3 (last 3) of Star Wars so I can't answer that.

My two favorite movies of all time may be some you have never heard of.
1. Dead Poets Society- Wonderful movie with Robin Williams as a teacher in an all boys prep school. This is not a comedy. It is serious yet touching movie that will make you think not only about yourself but how you make your children feel.

2. Defending Your Life-This Movie with Albert Brooks and Meryl Streep made a huge impact on me and how I view life. I don't know how to describe it because it is more then a Romantic Comedy. The overall point of the movie is that the only thing that stops us is fear. The characters in the movie die during the first 5 minutes. They are taken to a place that looks just like earth but everything there is perfect. They are there for a trial. They have to defend their life and see if they learned everything they needed to learn before morning on. Interesting concept and enjoyable movie because of that

Marla! I don't have cable either. We watch antenna TV and I did just sign up for the $8 Netflix. It is great because, with summer being here, i am basically house bound during the day time. I love it because I can watch entire TV series at my own pace! Can't wait to see season 2 of Dexter!

Glibby
05-30-2011, 10:06 AM
Matthew McConaughey is his name and he is a really good actor. Sean Connery OMG. Yeah, that is all I can say. LOL He was always my Movie star crush and he is aging very well

Lot's of great movies have been brought up! I enjoy Sci-fi movies and The original and TNG were my favorite of the Star Wars group. I think the problem with the original Star Trek and the original Star Wars is that it doesn't transfer into our time very well. Special Effects have come such a long way that any old movie looks stupid today (5 seconds of Jaws is the perfect example). I have never seen the First 3 (last 3) of Star Wars so I can't answer that.

My two favorite movies of all time may be some you have never heard of.
1. Dead Poets Society- Wonderful movie with Robin Williams as a teacher in an all boys prep school. This is not a comedy. It is serious yet touching movie that will make you think not only about yourself but how you make your children feel.

2. Defending Your Life-This Movie with Albert Brooks and Meryl Streep made a huge impact on me and how I view life. I don't know how to describe it because it is more then a Romantic Comedy. The overall point of the movie is that the only thing that stops us is fear. The characters in the movie die during the first 5 minutes. They are taken to a place that looks just like earth but everything there is perfect. They are there for a trial. They have to defend their life and see if they learned everything they needed to learn before morning on. Interesting concept and enjoyable movie because of that

Marla! I don't have cable either. We watch antenna TV and I did just sign up for the $8 Netflix. It is great because, with summer being here, i am basically house bound during the day time. I love it because I can watch entire TV series at my own pace! Can't wait to see season 2 of Dexter!

Never heard of the one with Meryl Streep in it. It sounds like one of those movies that stays with you after you watch it. I will definitely check that one out.

rob
05-30-2011, 10:21 AM
The Shawshank Redemption

An outstanding film that didn't do well in theaters, and did not recieve much in the way of awards, was The Shawshank Redemption based on the Stephen King short story Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption. It was directed by Frank Darabont who also directed another excellent movie based on a Stephen King novel- The Green Mile.

If you have never seen Shawshank, it stars Morgan Freeman and Tim Robbins, and it takes place at the fictional Shawshank State Prison in the state of Maine during the 1950's. Robbins plays Andy, a man sentenced to two life terms for two murders he didn't commit. Morgan Freeman plays the part of Red, a long time prisoner, and a man who can get you the things you need in prison, like a poster of Rita Hayworth, or a rock hammer (two items that play a pivotal role in the way the story unfolds).

Although it's labeled a "prison movie", it really isn't. It's a movie about hope, justice, and the facinating and lifelong friendship that develops between Andy and Red. The story centers around the corrupt, and evil Warden Norton, and his sadistic captain of the guards, Captain Hadley. Before going to prison, Andy was a banker, and a financial whiz. Warden Norton recognizes his skills and uses Andy to launder the money and cook the books of his corrupt scam-filled administration.

When Andy learns from another inmate who actually committed the murders he was convicted of, he takes the information to Warden Norton, thinking the Warden will help him clear his name and regain his freedom. But Andy knows too much about the warden's crooked deals, and as a result, he will never allow Andy to seek justice or leave Shawshank. This conflict is the central part of the story, and the way it plays out is amazing, and inspiring.

This film takes you on a journey from the lows of brutality and solitary confinement, to a high that results in one of the most fantastic movie endings you will ever see. The movie is beautifully filmed, wonderfully scored, and the acting is top notch. However, the true greatness of this film comes from Morgan Freeman, who delivers perfect narration, and portrays his character with an absolutely brilliant Oscar worthy performance.

The film is rated R for language, and some violence, but none of it is overdone, or out of place when you consider the prison setting. If ever a movie deserved 5-stars, it's this one.

Rob

tgal
05-30-2011, 10:25 AM
It may have been just me, Glibby but the underlying message hit me hard. It is a pretty dumb movie when you think about it but yes, watch it sometime. It made me change how I live my life.

Rob!!! Another great movie! It tears at your heart and touches your soul. Good one

Glibby
05-30-2011, 10:31 AM
I'm going to try and find it online while I'm at work tonight. There are a lot of movies I like that people think are "dumb" but I like movies that might seem quite simple on the surface but have an underlying message of some sort. That's what makes for a good movie regardless of other people's opinions. I'm very interested now. I'll let you know when I finally watch it.

It may have been just me, Glibby but the underlying message hit me hard. It is a pretty dumb movie when you think about it but yes, watch it sometime. It made me change how I live my life.

Rob!!! Another great movie! It tears at your heart and touches your soul. Good one

And YES!!! The Shawshank Redemption. That movie is on my top 10 best movies of all time. Good looking out!

Glibby
05-30-2011, 10:42 AM
This is one of the better movies I have seen in the past year or so. I'm not even going to review it because the film speaks volumes on it's own. If you are not moved by this film....well, you have no soul. It's pretty much a must see movie that is family friendly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfCNX7-RkbM&feature=fvst

rob
05-30-2011, 02:06 PM
Hey Mari,

Carpe diem!

tgal
05-30-2011, 03:19 PM
Hey Mari,

Carpe diem!

Seize the day! You have seen it as well. Wasn't it a wonderful movie?

red246
05-30-2011, 06:25 PM
I watch a lot of movies late at night when everyone else is asleep. I prefer older movies and yes, I'll admit it, I love what would be probably be deemed "Chick Flicks"! Not like the ones that are out today, but more the older ones like "An Affair to Remember". I love classics, like "Little Women". More recent movies like "Fireproof" & "Facing the Giants" are great too!

BTW - I have to agree, Sean Connery is aging VERY nicely!!!!!

magistramarla
05-30-2011, 08:37 PM
Hi Everyone,
This is a great thread!
As several people here already know, I'm another HUGE SciFi fan. I love anything Star Trek (even the old campy series) and all of Star Wars. The best Mother's Day present I ever had was a couple of years ago when they took me to see the new Star Trek film at the Imax and then out for a fancy lunch.
I adored the original StarGate movie and the first series based on it, SG1. I've been a fan of Richard Dean Anderson since he was McGyver. The StarGate Universe series just ended, but I'm hoping that they make a movie out of it to finish the storyline.

I agree with Rob that Avatar was outstanding.
Recently, we've gone to see Thor and the latest Pirates of The Caribbean. Both were fun and entertaining. It promises to be a great summer for everyone who likes the fantasy/ comic book films. There is going to be a pre-quel to the X-Men series, The First Class - it looks like it might be good.
Along with Thor, some other comic-book films are about to be released - The Green Lantern and Captain America. My DH tells me that it is leading up to The Avengers, which is when they all get together with Iron Man to fight evil. He loves this stuff, so we'll be seeing all of them.

We are HUGE Dr. Who fans and have been since the '70s. We love to watch any of the old, campy ones when we can. We are also enjoying the new versions of The Doctor that the BBC has been producing lately. Next month, we'll be watching new shows of Eureka and Warehouse 13 on SciFi.

Besides SciFi, I also love my Roman history films - Gladiator, Spartacus, Julius Caesar (the TNT mini-series), Clash of the Titans, and A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum (for laughs). My Grandson turned me onto The Percy Jackson film - The Lightening Thief (I've read all the books). He also got me into The Harry Potter films.

Speaking of the Grandkids - I will happily watch ANY Disney film with them - LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them all.

I also don't mind enjoying a good chick flick once in a while. I also loved Mamma Mia (We rocked our first baby to sleep with Abba playing on the 8-track). I like Julia Roberts and I agree about Matthew McConaughey - he's fun to watch.
I also enjoy good comedies, even raunchy ones like the American Pie series.
Does anyone remember "Mr Holland's Opus" with Richard Dreyfuss? As a teacher, that is one of my favorites.

As for the film (and book) that has had the most profound effect on me - it has to be Jane Eyre. I've read the book many, many times over since I first found it when I was 11. I think that I've seen most of the film versions that have been made, including the most recent one. The best one is the BBC mini-series that came out in the '80s with Timothy Dalton in it. I own the DVD, and I'll sometimes take it out and spend a couple of afternoons watching it. There was another good version made in the '70s with George C. Scott that I want to buy. I'll probably also buy the new one when it gets to DVD.

I have many and varied interests, so I like lots of films.
Hugs,
Marla

tgal
05-30-2011, 08:43 PM
ohh I remember Mr Holland's Opus! Good movie! I also much admit that I am a HUGE Harry Potter fan! Back when we did have cable I would watch them every time they came on ABC family! The other campy movies that I am awaiting (read the books first) are the rest of the Twilight movies! I know..I know! Those are movies for the teens and the acting is only moderate at best but there is something going to see them with my daughter so excited she can hardly breathe that makes them fun. When the movies come out they always release them at midnight so we get there about 10PM because they give out gifts to the first 10 and Ash has this "shrine" in her room of all things Twilight! Those will be memories I will cherish for all time!

BonusMom
05-30-2011, 09:09 PM
Some of my favorites:

Mr. Holland's Opus; Finding Forrester; Shawshank Redemption: The Notebook; Avatar; An Officer and a Gentleman; Pretty Woman; Sleeping With The Enemy.

Yep, I enjoy a good chick flick and a great soundtrack. I also love true accounts of athletes/teams overcoming the odds i.e. Hoosiers, Field of Dreams, a movie with Mark Wahlberg playing a bartender that tries out for a position on the Eagles football team in the 70's (brain fog prevents me from remembering the name of the movie); the movie that Sandra Bullock won an Academy Award for her role as an adoptive mom of Michael Orr...you get the idea.

I'm a sap and appreciate a movie that demonstrates people overcoming the odds. Yes, I always bring an extra hankie!

Glibby
05-30-2011, 10:35 PM
I watch a lot of movies late at night when everyone else is asleep. I prefer older movies and yes, I'll admit it, I love what would be probably be deemed "Chick Flicks"! Not like the ones that are out today, but more the older ones like "An Affair to Remember". I love classics, like "Little Women". More recent movies like "Fireproof" & "Facing the Giants" are great too!

BTW - I have to agree, Sean Connery is aging VERY nicely!!!!!

I like older movies too. I watched Some Like It Hot before I came to work...and I think I'll watch Imitation of Life when I get home in the morning.

I think when I refer to chick flicks I am picturing recent ones that don't seem to have any substance. 50 First Dates could be considered a chick flick and it is fairly recent BUT it has substance....and I have watched that several times.

Hmmm, Facing the Giants...never heard of it. I need to look that up.

Glibby
05-30-2011, 10:55 PM
Speaking of actors who have aged well...are there any others you guys can think of? I am a huge Robert Downey Jr. fan and that man is like a fine wine. He has gotten better with age, IMO. You would think with all of the hardships he's faced throughout his life he'd look really old...but he is absolutely gorgeous in my eyes.

I wish I could say the same about Robert Redford because I think he's a handsome man...but age hasn't been too kind to him. He still looked, wow! when Indecent Proposal came out.

And look, trust me when I say Billy Bob Thorton looks a lot better now than when he was younger. I know...hard to believe but he does. Just google him...you'll see. lol He has sex appeal for some very off reason that i can't place. My thoughts on this are pretty sick if I sit and analyze it enough. *shivers*

Denzel Washington still looks the same as he did in the 80s. Just watch Glory released in 1989. He really hasn't aged at all. He is still as beautiful as ever although I do prefer him with a goatee al la Training Day. Oooooh my.

I can't think of any female celebs for the life of me right now. The only one is Madge aka Madonna...but I don't think her face aged well. She does have an amazing body for her age, though.

Glibby
05-31-2011, 01:53 AM
Some of my favorites:

Mr. Holland's Opus; Finding Forrester; Shawshank Redemption: The Notebook; Avatar; An Officer and a Gentleman; Pretty Woman; Sleeping With The Enemy.

Yep, I enjoy a good chick flick and a great soundtrack. I also love true accounts of athletes/teams overcoming the odds i.e. Hoosiers, Field of Dreams, a movie with Mark Wahlberg playing a bartender that tries out for a position on the Eagles football team in the 70's (brain fog prevents me from remembering the name of the movie); the movie that Sandra Bullock won an Academy Award for her role as an adoptive mom of Michael Orr...you get the idea.

I'm a sap and appreciate a movie that demonstrates people overcoming the odds. Yes, I always bring an extra hankie!

I like Remember the Titans. Oooh yes...and The Blindside.

Tgal...i will admit....

I have read the entire Twilight series because I love vampire stories. I wasn't even aware that it was going to be such a phenomenon(sp?) I did see Twilight and i was satisfied. The next 2 I went to see also but I've kinda forgotten everything about them. I guess i was disappointed with Eclipse. That was such a good book and the movie was meh. I'm scared to go see Breaking Dawn which I guess is being filmed in 2 parts. That was my favorite out of the series and with all of the added covens that are in that story I am expecting a lot which sometimes leads to disappointment. lol I like Harry Potter too...but I am behind on watching them. It seems like there is a new one every year...I'm not even sure how many HP films there are in all. Hopefully I can purchase all of the movies as a set once the last one goes to dvd. That will make for an awesome weekend when my son and i don't know what to do.

Glibby
05-31-2011, 01:55 AM
Um, is there anyone that wasn't as impressed once they saw Avatar in 2d? Just wondering. I saw it in 3d and I had to pick my jaw off of the floor. But then I saw it on HBO and was like...hmmmm, really? I still like it...but it's not the same without the groundbreaking 3d. Can't wait for the 2nd one though!!!!!!!!!!!

Nonna
05-31-2011, 03:41 AM
I so like H potter movies, another scy fi is Keanu Reeve's version of the Day the Earth Stood Still; mine came with the original 50's version Michael Rennnie. I also like keanu's Chain Reaction. Don't forget Nicholas Cage and his movies- national treasure 1&2, Moonlight and ....... I can't think, I know there is more

Fifties scy fi is campy but I love it especially the monster movies remember "Them". The crawling eyes, giant spiders, dinosaurs and giant squid. Don't forget John Wayne. His movies were great. Bogie's Casablanca. Which reminds me of the Libarian triology with Noah Wylie

I could go on and on

rob
05-31-2011, 07:16 AM
Seize the day! You have seen it as well. Wasn't it a wonderful movie?

I've seen it, oh, I think ten times now. It's an outstanding movie! And Mr. Holland's Opus is another favorite. Others that come to mind in the same "inspirational" genre, as I call it, are Good Will Hunting, and Scent of a Woman.

Karen and I watched an old favorite last night. It's one of the slickest, coolest cops and robbers flicks ever made-Heat, starring Al Pacino, Robert DeNiro, Val Kilmer, and a bunch of other awesome actors. It's a Michael Mann film, the guy who created the old 80's series Miami Vice. Heat is as hardcore as it gets, and though they keep the action to a minimum (this movie is all about story and characters), when the climactic gun battle finally does unfold, it is just awesome, and very realistic.

Of course I have to chime in with a few of my favorite female actors. Kate Beckinsale is a knockout, and a great actor. Sandra Bullock has been a favorite since Speed (Jesse James is a damn fool for losing her), and Mary McDonnell is great, and has definitely improved with age. She was really good as the President in BSG, and she was magnificent in the absolute masterpiece, and one of the greatest movies ever-Dances With Wolves, which is tied with Shawshank as my all time favorite film.

Rob

tgal
05-31-2011, 10:09 AM
Speaking of actors who have aged well...are there any others you guys can think of? I am a huge Robert Downey Jr. fan and that man is like a fine wine. He has gotten better with age, IMO. You would think with all of the hardships he's faced throughout his life he'd look really old...but he is absolutely gorgeous in my eyes.

And look, trust me when I say Billy Bob Thorton looks a lot better now than when he was younger. I know...hard to believe but he does. Just google him...you'll see. lol He has sex appeal for some very off reason that i can't place. My thoughts on this are pretty sick if I sit and analyze it enough. *shivers*

Denzel Washington still looks the same as he did in the 80s. Just watch Glory released in 1989. He really hasn't aged at all. He is still as beautiful as ever although I do prefer him with a goatee al la Training Day. Oooooh my.

I just want to point out to everyone that we were talking about someone aging well who is in their 60s but Glibby is talking about people aging well who are in their 40s. LOL It is all in ones perspective!

Nonna
05-31-2011, 03:57 PM
Hey I thought of 2 more good ones- chick flicks - I suppose.
Guarding Tess and sleepless in seatle.

Sean Connery is older than me. Think he's in his seventies.

magistramarla
06-04-2011, 09:39 PM
Hey Everyone,
We're going to see the new X-Men flick in the morning (earliest showing is the cheapest).
I'll report back.....
Hugs,
Marla

rob
06-05-2011, 07:49 AM
Hey I thought of 2 more good ones- chick flicks - I suppose.
Guarding Tess and sleepless in seatle.

Guarding Tess was a really good movie (for a chick flick, that it is).

ritzbit
06-05-2011, 06:24 PM
I just saw the new Hangover yesterday. If you like absolutely ridiculous movies the hangover movies are great. I laugh so hard I cry lol

debbie-b
06-05-2011, 09:44 PM
I love the movie SPEED, The Negotiator-Samuael L Jackson, an older movie, The Moneypit ( still laugh when I watch it, very funny), favorite chick flick-Ghost.
I have alot of movies I like, my husband loves all kinds of movies, even silly ones like ,The great outdoors or Lampoons chritmas vacation.
Im have taken alread my sleepingpill , do Im getting a little goofy.
Ich gehe jetzt ins bett, gut Nacht ihr Lieben.

Debebbbbbbbbbie

tgal
06-05-2011, 09:53 PM
Oh The Negotiator was awesome! Favorite chick flick as to be Steel Magnolias or Divine Secret of the Yaya Sister hood.

debbie-b
06-06-2011, 03:59 AM
I love the movie SPEED, The Negotiator-Samuael L Jackson, an older movie, The Moneypit ( still laugh when I watch it, very funny), favorite chick flick-Ghost.
I have alot of movies I like, my husband loves all kinds of movies, even silly ones like ,The great outdoors or Lampoons chritmas vacation.
Im have taken alread my sleepingpill , do Im getting a little goofy.
Ich gehe jetzt ins bett, gut Nacht ihr Lieben.

Debebbbbbbbbbie

OMG, my husband is right, when he said that I am like a drunk person, about ten minutes after I take my Ambien.
He also told me, that I speak german to him, I always said, " yeah right", but here it is black in white.LOL
I better go to bed, as soon as I take the Ambien, from now on.

Debbie

magistramarla
06-07-2011, 09:23 PM
Debbie,
Loved the German, amica mea! Agis hodie? Lingua Latina est optima lingua!
Vale,
Marla

magistramarla
06-07-2011, 09:43 PM
Everyone,
We saw X Men, The First Class, and we both loved it. McAvoy and Fassbender, the actors that played the young versions of Prof. X and Magneto, were perfect for the parts. It was easy to imagine them growing into the characters that we already know and love. The film does an excellent job of providing background and now I know why Prof. X established his school and why he's in a wheelchair. There are several up and coming young actors in this film - including the very handsome young man that I recognized as Miley Cyrus' love interest in her Hannah Montana movie (I took my grandson to that one a couple of years ago).
Jeff informed me that there are several in-jokes that long-time fans of the comic book series will recognize - I guess I missed most of those.
He also got very excited when the young Prof. X was giving a presentation about genetics. He showed a slide that Jeff recognized as being very famous to anyone who has studied Biology. He explained to me that it was how they found the double-helix in DNA, and is a famous X-ray. Watch for it when you see the movie, and your friends will think that you are really smart - LOL.
It's not all cerebral, though. There are some really exciting action scenes, and Kevin Bacon is great as the creepy bad guy.
This film was well worth going to see, and I hope that they make some sequels with this cast.
Next, The Green Lantern is coming out soon.
Hugs,
Marla

Saysusie
06-07-2011, 09:50 PM
My son-in-law (an avid X-Men fan) also stated that the movie was well worth seeing. So, with his thumbs up and Marla's, I will make a trip to see it.
The highlight of my summer was the new Johnny Depp's "Pirates of the Carribean" movie. Yes, I go in for all of that sappy silliness.
My tastes in movies are in two extremes - SciFi/Horror (preferably Vampires) on one end and stupid, silly movies on the other end (like the Lampoon Vacation movies, Pirate's movies). What I cannot handle are any type of "Chick Flicks"..I hate romantic comedies or tear jerkers, or romantic dramas. Give me monsters, science, or stupid people (LOL)

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

magistramarla
06-07-2011, 10:07 PM
SaySusie,
I loved the new "Pirates" film, too. Johnny Depp is just plain fun to watch.
I agree - it is silly, but so much fun!
I'm with you - I love my Scifi and action films. Have you been watching "Sanctuary" on SciFi channel? Talk about interesting monsters!
And Dr. Who just gets better and better lately.
Hugs,
Marla

BonusMom
06-07-2011, 10:14 PM
Ok Saysusie, it's time for true confessions and my guilty pleasure.

Stupid people movies.....I can't believe I'm admitting this....Dumb and Dumber (I think I went to school with a couple of those doofuses) and The Hangover. Yep, I thought that would be the stupidest movie ever and I laughed my arse off.

Sometimes it does one good to just laugh at the silly things!

Thanks for reminding me Saysusie of how much I enjoy these two movies!

magistramarla
06-07-2011, 10:20 PM
BonusMom,
If you like those, have you ever seen "Tomcats"? It's raunchy and dumb, but soooo funny. I want to go see "Bridemaids", and I'm thinking that it may be the female version of "Tomcats".
I'm usually not too fond of the Stupid people movies, but I do laugh at the stupid raunchy ones - I howled at the entire "American Pie" series. We also loved the "Meet the Fockers" films. Kayla's jerky ex called us "The Fockers", but we just laughed and agreed.
Hugs,
Marla

Saysusie
06-07-2011, 10:37 PM
Marla; Yes, I absolutely watch Sanctuary and have been since its premier. I also am addicted to "Fringe" which I think is a good replacement for the "X-Files", not quite the same, but still scratches that itch (lol). I am waiting for "Falling Skies" which starts this month.
Rob and I are die hard SciFiers..we've been denied anything decent lately, what with the end of Gallactica..no more "Star Treks" and the disappointing "Caprica". I am so hoping that "Falling Skies" scratches that itch. :-)
Oh, oh, oh..Marla, did you know that HBO is starting a Torchwood series??? (I think it's HBO, I will double check and let you know). I can't wait for that one..just to see Jack Harkness again will bring me endless joy.

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

BonusMom
06-07-2011, 10:44 PM
I haven't seen Tomcats, but yes, I've enjoyed "The Fockers." Your former son-in-law says it like it was a bad thing, having whoopie after many years of marriage....what could be better?!! No wonder he didn't fit in with the rest of the family!

I think Dumb and Dumber came out hen my sons were in their early teens and they laugher hysterically at that movie. To this day, if we watch it together, they still laugh uncontrollably and that's probably why I enjoy the movie so much-it reminds me of my boys and their adolescence. Oh, happy days.

Saysusie
06-07-2011, 11:28 PM
Marla; "Torchwood- Miracle Day" will be on STARZ! Do you suscribe to this channel?

Saysusie

Nonna
06-08-2011, 03:52 AM
Wait- no more Star Trek?????? I thought jj Brams was going to do sequels to his prequel!!!!! Tee hee!!

I guess this is why I watch my older movies over and over. Can't wait for the new x men to come out on DVD.
Dang but I feel housebound lately

rob
06-08-2011, 05:46 AM
Wait- no more Star Trek?????? I thought jj Brams was going to do sequels to his prequel!!!!!

Ask, and you shall receive...

Click for full size-

rob
06-08-2011, 06:08 AM
Rob and I are die hard SciFiers..we've been denied anything decent lately, what with the end of Gallactica..no more "Star Treks" and the disappointing "Caprica".

Here's a couple of things to look forward to...

Click for full size-

Click for full size-

Looks like BSG Nirvana!

SandyR
06-08-2011, 06:30 AM
We also loved the "Meet the Fockers" films. Kayla's jerky ex called us "The Fockers", but we just laughed and agreed.

He obviously didn't make the cut for your circle of trust so frak him!

SandyR
06-08-2011, 06:36 AM
I couldn't even begin to think of them all but some of my favorites are The Color Purple, Shag, Moonstruck, Dirty Dancing, Fast Times at Ridgemont High, Animal House, the Lampoon series, Edward Scissorhands, Breakfast at Tiffany's, The Sound of Music, Avatar, The Twighlight and Harry Potter Series (don't judge), What Dreams May Come, The Birdcage, The Deep End of the Ocean, Sixth Sense, The Little Mermaid. As you can see I'm not at all a scary movie fan and SF (although watched) just isn't a favorite.

Nonna
06-08-2011, 10:59 AM
Here's a couple of things to look forward to...

Click for full size-

Click for full size-

Looks like BSG Nirvana!

OMG!!!!! BSG Niverna - I'm in !!!! Wooo Whoo
Can't wait to see it

Susie, Marla y'all just make me wish we still had satillite. Boo Hoo to be able to watch Scy Fi and BBC Dr Who - I miss you

ritzbit
06-08-2011, 11:15 AM
There are so many good movies coming out this summer. I cant wait to see the new Pirates of the Caribbean and X-Men movies especially! I have all the other ones on DVD and I am a huge X-Men nerd lol me and my dad go and see them together because he read the comics when he was a kid and has a huge collection of them lol Johnny Depp is the most attractive man ever by the way ;D lol I am also a HUGE Harry Potter fan! I cant wait for second part of the last book to come out. The Green Lantern also looks really good, I love the actor in that movie but his name escapes me at the moment. My favorite 2 movies ever are The Notebook and the Titanic :D Yes I am a big chick flick kind of girl lol I can literally quote over 3/4 of both of those movies. And what about cute animated kids movies like Finding Nemo, Tangled, Gnomeo and Juliet, Despicable Me, WALL E, and Toy Story. Shutter Island and Inception were amazing. And Alice in Wonderland. And Eat, Pray, Love. I havent posted hardly anything to this thread but as you can see Im a huge movie person lol I watch a movie probably everyday. And these are just some of the newer ones that are my favorites coming to mind. They are definitely worth watching.

rob
06-08-2011, 01:11 PM
OMG!!!!! BSG Niverna - I'm in !!!! Wooo Whoo
Can't wait to see it

Susie, Marla y'all just make me wish we still had satillite. Boo Hoo to be able to watch Scy Fi and BBC Dr Who - I miss you

Woo Hoo indeed!

Blood and Chrome is a 3 hour movie that is the pilot for the new Battlestar Galactica TV series of the same name. It takes place during the first Cylon war, and features a young Bill Adama, long before he was a Battlestar Commander or Admiral. If you've seen the SyFy movie Razor, the new series takes place in the timeframe of Adama's flashbacks in that movie-gonna be good stuff, because it's the same writers and directors who gave us the re-imagined series. It's due out this fall on the SyFy channel. Ronald D Moore, the man behind the reimagined series says it's going to be hardcore Cylons vs. Humans. The pilot and first episodes are in post production, so they are a done deal-we will have an all new BSG TV series.

The Battlestar Galactica theatrical film is really being held under wraps, so not a lot is known about it. We do know that it is based on the original 1978 TV series, and features some of the original cast including Richard Hatch and Dirk Benedict. It takes place on Earth sometime in the 21st century, when the original BSG and her fleet finally find Earth, with the Cylon Armada in hot pursuit. The screenplay is by the man who created BSG-Glen A Larson. X-Men and Valkyrie director Bryan Singer directs. Sounds frakking cool to me.

The next Star Trek film, is also on the way, but it will be released in December of 2012, rather than in the summer, as the poster says. It has JJ Abrams directing, and has all the same actors from the last film. Word is they all signed on to do three films total.

Gonna be great I think!

Rob

Saysusie
06-08-2011, 03:46 PM
Rob; Oh my goodness, you've given me a reason to live (Sci-Fi utopia). You mentioned the upcoming BSG and Star Trek movies to me earlier, but I had forgotten about the Blood and Chrome upcoming series. I was down-in-the-mouth 'cuz I thought we'd have no small screen SciFi worth watching. Thank you for reminding me :-) Please, please keep reminding me of air dates and release dates (my old addled and foggy brain will forget this conversation by tomorrow lol).

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

tgal
06-08-2011, 04:23 PM
Can't wait for the new Start Trek! I have to admit that I have one of those "guilty pleasures" that is almost to sad to repeat! I am SO excited about the next to last Twilight movie! I enjoyed the books (ok, not a literary masterpiece but fun none the less) and the 1st of 2 movies being made from the last book comes out later this year. I, like Susie, have always enjoyed Vampire movies. I was one happy girl back in the 80s when Ann Rice's Vampire series was coming out!!

ritzbit
06-08-2011, 04:26 PM
Do you like the Underworld movies? lol I love them. I loved the Twilight books but am not a big fan of the movies. The guy who plays Edward is ugly and he's supposed to be super sexy lol

tgal
06-08-2011, 04:32 PM
Do you like the Underworld movies? lol I love them. I loved the Twilight books but am not a big fan of the movies. The guy who plays Edward is ugly and he's supposed to be super sexy lol

LOL Don't tell my 16 year old daughter that he is ugly because her room is a shrine to all things Edward! Those are fighting words ritz!

ritzbit
06-08-2011, 04:35 PM
Lol I love the thought of his character in the book, but the guy who played him, Robert something, EWW lol the guy who plays Jacob is gorgeous, but he isn't supposed to be! lol

magistramarla
06-08-2011, 09:31 PM
Marla; "Torchwood- Miracle Day" will be on STARZ! Do you suscribe to this channel?

Saysusie

Yes - We've seen promos for it. I'm not sure when it will be on. Do you know?
Hugs,
Marla

magistramarla
06-08-2011, 09:42 PM
He obviously didn't make the cut for your circle of trust so frak him!

Sandy,
You are so right, and it get's even better! They were never married, but Kayla found out that he filed a joint tax return as "married" in 2008 without her knowing it. The IRS sent her a bill for the "new homeowners" credit that he received, and then rented out the home without living in it long enough. This guy is a financial advisor with Merril Lynch!
He never shared any money with her, and she wouldn't even have a phone if she wasn't on our plan, or a car except that her grandmother passed away and left one to her.
He has also never paid a penny in child support. We do more to keep them fed and clothed than he does.
Kayla has filed the paperwork with the IRS proving that they were never married and she has been assured that he will be investigated for tax fraud.
I can't wait! Circle of trust, indeed!
Hugs,
Marla

magistramarla
06-08-2011, 09:47 PM
There are so many good movies coming out this summer. The Green Lantern also looks really good, I love the actor in that movie but his name escapes me at the moment.
Ritz,
I agree! I think that we will probably be in the theater most weekends this summer.
The actor is Ryan Reynolds, and yes, he is a cutie.
Hugs,
Marla