PDA

View Full Version : Survey Reveals Lupus' Ability To Wreck Careers

RSS Bot
05-29-2011, 03:12 AM
Lupus has a profoundly negative effect on the working lives of sufferers', found a survey of over 2,000 lupus patients presented at the Annual Meeting of the European League Against Rheumatism (EULAR) in London, May 25-28. "We've shown just how debilitating lupus can be in terms of the number of patients having to stop work, change their jobs or apply for sick leave...

More... (http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/226825.php)

Peridot20_Gem
06-09-2011, 09:54 AM
Great thread,

It stopped me working at 18 and i'm now 43 coming and what i had was to do with Lupus but never found out till 3yrs back.

steve.b
06-10-2011, 01:39 AM
duhhh

you dont say.

another survey result, that we all already know.

missfearless
06-26-2011, 04:49 AM
Lupus has wrecked my career even before I started working. I can't even get proper education because I am unfit for school these days...

rob
06-26-2011, 06:50 AM
I laughed and kinda shook my head at this "survey" too Steve.

Lupus wrecks careers? Well, no s**t! That's quite a revelation-NOT!

lovedbyHim
06-26-2011, 11:29 AM
All I can think of is, " Does this mean that I might not be able to work with blinding pain, heavily mediated, falling asleep at the wheel and stuff like ORGAN FAILURE?" Now how am I supposed to get through this day with this study raining on my parade? Ahahahahaha...Is this sarcasm? I was going to work on this while home sick from work!

Nonna
07-06-2011, 02:17 AM
I suppose they felt the need for this waste of time survey. They could have better spent their time and money on other research. But as one of the few who can still work at my age; I feel their time should have been better spent. I am so beaten down by lupus that I've lost my sarcastic edge- used to be really good at it
Of well

lovedbyHim
07-06-2011, 02:42 AM
Oh Nonna I know that you will rebound and it will come back. Today I have no strength to be sarcastic either, so we will have to rely on someone else. Okay who is able to be humorous and sarcastic today as Nonna and I are taking a rest? We are pooped out.

tgal
07-06-2011, 09:47 AM
I suppose they felt the need for this waste of time survey. They could have better spent their time and money on other research. But as one of the few who can still work at my age; I feel their time should have been better spent. I am so beaten down by lupus that I've lost my sarcastic edge- used to be really good at it
Of well

Love you Nonna. Fingers are crossed that things get better soon

(You haven't lost your ability to play Words with Friends though nor the ability to beat me from time to time!)

magistramarla
07-06-2011, 09:49 AM
duhhh

you dont say.

another survey result, that we all already know.

My thoughts exactly!